project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
08 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-01-23, 03:01   #21
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Road-killing - Your Opinion

in my opinion, if there enemy and your driving along, you don't have a weapon to bear, so its all good, and the chances are the person u just drove past and missed will be shooting at you so why get out and get shot when your chances are slightly improved from the driver seat. over all IMO ITS ALL GOOD

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 03:02   #22
Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Adriaan View Post
This. Roadkilling is bad, mkay?
+1

On the other hand I find being squished by - say - a MTLB or a Tank acceptable. ;>
For the same reason as I consider roadkilling with a HMMV or a civi car ridiculous - the math. ;]
Moonlight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 03:07   #23
Murphy

I really liked Carmageddon, but I try my best to avoid running pedestrians over in servers that don't tolerate that behavior. It sucks to be on the receiving end, but quite frankly I think it's a legitimate, and effective strategy to take down superior numbers with little risk to your own life. I think in reality vehicles are tremendous weapons when used with malicious intent, so why should it not apply to the game.

Granted the lack of damage to the vehicles makes this quite unbalanced, but shooting the driver is not that hard. How many times have we been screwed over in civi-tank situations because the driver gets wasted? I'm sure you can recall a few of them, but the point is I like my 3000lb rolling weapon.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 03:09   #24
Oddsodz

To much like hard work to admin, Offenders always seem to get away with it, and if you call a player out on it. It takes forever to find out who drove what over who. Far to much time is wasted.

I Don't like road kills. But it's an admin's nightmare to admin. If I was the top admin on a server. I Would drop the rule due to too much hassle to deal with for little or no gain.

Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 03:09   #25
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

If you come around a corner and run over an enemy guy cos he was there, that shouldn't be punishable tbh.

Also if it's a ridiculous situation like an enemy rifleman in the middle of nowhere and I'm in a vehicle, I certainly won't be stopping, getting out and giving him a chance to kill me when I can run him over and continue.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 03:12   #26
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind road killing as much if the way vehicles interacted with the terrain wasn't so unreal. I've seen technicals bumping around the terrain on Korengal like it was a freakin rally truck or something. It really leaves no option for infantry to get out of the way when vehicles handle as good off-road as they do on it.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 04:19   #27
Kain888
Supporting Member

Roadkilling someone on the way = fine. Circling and trying to score kills abusing engine limitations, like weird physics and hardly penetrable glass = kickable offense. Roadkills are unrealistic and spoil the fun. :<

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 05:51   #28
ZephyrDark

I find it funny that some people feel the need to HAVE to kill the infantry they're passing. If theres a random guy in the middle of nowhere, then evade him, go an opposite direction if you can and continue on your route. If you keep enough distance between you and him, you'll be fine.

Theres no need to stop your vehicle if you're continuing in one direction, and as long as they aren't expecting you/in a dug-in position, then theres a good chance you can just go by and let them be.

I personally hate getting out of my vehicle with any enemies nearby, it slows you down and risks your men getting shot. If you just continue on and proceed to a safer zone, or maybe even retreat to one, then you can dismount and deal with the threat. You don't HAVE to kill the enemy right there on the spot. Take note of their location, heading, and other nearby possible threats (i.e. cache, known HO/FOB), and proceed to a safer zone. Then dismount and intercept the targets if you want to take them out.

|TG-31st|Blackpython

ZephyrDark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 07:29   #29
SGT.Ice

I think people should stop complaining about it. It's called improvising. I wouldn't pull over my truck if I saw a squad in the street. Hit and runs happen all the time. You think an insurgent would pull his car over just to get out with his AK and waste bullets?

The rangers are tought to ram their HMMWV into a convoy and then bayonet everyone inside. So. I really see no point why people complain about roadkills. Part of life. Part of the game. Get over it.

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 09:20   #30
Tarranauha200

In real life that vehicle/driver would be killed. But becoase the deviation and the way vehicles take damage its hard.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion, roadkilling