project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
11 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-11-07, 11:01   #31
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: In your opinion, what's the best and worst rifle and why

Im equally as devastating with all the guns in the game. My favorite is probably the M16 ironsights or the M4A1 with eotech.

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:04   #32
Arnoldio
Banned

Ak 74u is the mos winnest, its just OP.

G3 is the most lastest because its weird, but it allways saved me in some near to death situations.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:21   #33
spawncaptain

Used to hate the G3 because of its recoil that made full auto impossible even when using short bursts but somehow, after the patch, it has become my favorite weapon.

I really hate the Galil, feels like a bad copy of the AK-47 with higher recoil and less accuracy to me. And the ironsights are rather difficult to aim with.

User Ubaydah: "I used to play Call of Duty a lot and Battlefield 3. I am really good at those games 10th prestige, High K/d., I can kill people easily, etc. But on PR, for me, to be honest, I kind of suck."

User Not_able_to_kill: "Frontliner, you like evil man who comes to family house during christmas, takes out tree because it's too happy, so they can be just as sad as you"
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:21   #34
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Best: anything with a reflex sight, the red dot just makes aiming so easy

Worst: AK47, even though I use it in CQC where it's best, every other rifle always beats it.

Outlawz7 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:50   #35
STORM-Mama

Best would be either the AK74 (either version) or the Galil. Nice ROF, recoild and they are both very accurate. Feel like pretty much the same gun actually - only real difference are the iron-sights.

Worst? Well, the only one that makes me feel real handicapped is the Lee Enfield.

Oh, and I don't get why people complain on the poor ol' G3. Have always been one of my favorites! Scoped version is almost equal to a DMR.
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:57   #36
Bellator

G3 used to be my favorite, but now its no longer pretty sleek rifle because of the addition of ugly rails. Also, I feel that the G3 iron sights are better than the new MEC red dot sight.

My current favorite rifle is FN FAL. I also like AK 74s and 47s with equal measure, and I like the Hamas/IDF fully automatic AR 15 rifles.

Probably the worst, the most useless rifle is, unfortunately, Galil. Its iron sights are awful in all kinds of combat except the rare long range fights. This is a pity because I'd like to use Galil more.
Bellator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 12:12   #37
Naruto-kun

Sorry, but real men use the G3 or the FAL

Big bullets pwns small bullets every day

The worst weapon in performance but the best weapon metaphorically must be Unarmed Combat!

Real men brings fists to a gun fight!

anyways a little story

I was playing Ramiel, and I was tired of being insurgent, so I decided to do something funny. I found an American squad and I dropped my kit and ran towards them and started to punch them.

They all went "WTF?!" and a massive fight started. I landed some punches on one of them, and one managed to restrain one of his friendlies and some Americans where on a roof and watching this and they totally rofl'd, but in the end, I was punched in the face by a restrainer and every one lol'd

Known as LABANEN3 ingame
Naruto-kun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 12:26   #38
Saarna

I'm currently in love with the Lee Enfield and it's newfound stopping power. One shot kills regardless of range, and the great feeling of beating someone with around thirty times more firepower with a bolt action rifle make for a great combination. Besides, one gets to pop off with the toy automatics with any other class and faction.

For the least favorite I'll name both the QBZ-95 and G36 red dot. Both take a huge amount of space on the screen, the latter being even worse when aiming, and don't really have anything going for them in the way of exceptional rate of fire or excellent sights to set them apart from the rest.
Saarna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 12:28   #39
=LK= A.H.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Probably the worst, the most useless rifle is, unfortunately, Galil. Its iron sights are awful in all kinds of combat except the rare long range fights. This is a pity because I'd like to use Galil more.
Sure, the ironsights for that thing are plain incomprehensible, but the fact that it has almost no recoil makes it my weapon of choice against IDF (and Hamas, sometimes). I like the G3 as well, huge yet fairly controllable recoil and excellent stopping power. Doesn't suck in CQC either (the 20-round mag is a bit of a disadvantage though).

As for the worst rifle, I'm going to skip No 4 ironsights (OP in this category) and hate on the SKS. It's not all bad (sometimes it actually works!), but I don't like the sights and the semi-auto.
=LK= A.H. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 12:54   #40
BenHamish

I love the M-16's on the Hamas maps.

I hate the Insurgent sapper's rifle. I like to play sapper, but that rifle is just crap.

I'd love it to be accurate, as well as the Lee Enfield. Ironsights sniper ftw.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion, rifle, worst