project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
14 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-09-25, 05:41   #1
Vanya

Default Opinion on special kits,Insurgency?

What is everyone's opinion on using special kits like the HAT and Combat Engineer on insurgency maps?

It is just that to me is seems every one thinks there is no situation that they should be used. I feel that they (as long as they are used responsibly) should be. I'm not talking about the HAT guy going into the middle of the city and doing some sniping. Or the Engi. going all rambo.

I only bring this up because a few days ago I was on a server where people were bitching about the Insurgency having our AR. Where does it end? Will some people only be happy after we are only able to request pilot kits?

Pretty much guys:
1) No they should never be used
2) They should be used only when needed. (You can see the cache on the other hill. Snipe that sucker)
3) 2 + with permission from commander and while being backed up by a full 2nd squad.

I personally like option 3. Two squads should be enough to defend assets as important as either HAT or Engi.

Vanya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 13:17   #2
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Opinion on special kits,Insurgency?

Its just too much of risk to take some special kits.
HAT=All armor down whit single hit.
ENGY=Every single vehicle can be turned into bombcar

Just dont take them, simple.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 14:29   #3
Saarna

Agree on HAT, there should be no reason to see anyone with that kit on Insurgency. Combat Engineers on the other hand can in my opinion be used to clear mined bridges quite safely with the rest of the squad (and usually an APC/IFV waiting to cross) standing guard, and once the bridge is clear, the engineer kit can be dumped in the river, out of anyone's reach.
Saarna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 14:37   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

4) people taking sniper/hat/engineer should be kicked in the nuts

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:05   #5
mat552

5) People should remove, untwist, then reapply panties.

The HAT is a tremendously powerful weapon. Solution to making sure it doesn't get taken by the enemy? Keep the kit within 2 seconds of a TOW, HMG, or AA. Think you might be overrun? Hop on, when you die, the kit isn't dropped because you died in a "vehicle". Respect the capibilities and limitations of the kit, and it's perfectly fine to use.

CE can be used to clear mines while on a push, or to set counter ambushes on routes insurgents frequent. Lose the kit? Baawwwwww insurgents get mines. Just like with sappers. Bawwww insurgents get extra bombcars. People say this like they don't already kill every insurgent vehicle they come across, especially if they're in a vehicle. Dirtbikes are comically bad bombcars, owing to the difficulty in controling it and the ease of shooting the driver off of it. If a CE enabled bombcar killed something, a normal bombcar would have killed it as well.

Quitcherbitchin and use the lovely advantages provided to you.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:13   #6
quaazi

Waiwaiwait, sniper? Snipers are excellent assets in ins, their long range lets them to gauge enemy activity (leading to finding hidden caches), their killing power gets their team intel, and everything else snipers are useful for. Of course, there's a difference between a sniper and a climb-the-mosque-tower-without-any-backup/spotter sniper.
quaazi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:18   #7
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Hat=Fine if it stays in the main base and is used for killing technicals that try to camp mains/Gary driving in (Archer).
Combat engineer= Fine if it used for the sole purpose of removing mines that would other-wise seriously impair your team, just going out with it to find mines is silly.
Sniper=Depends on map, but is best if it stays around the main.

In my opinion, the amount of m249s/grenadiers that Bluefor gives away is a bigger problem, when people just take the kit for the sake of having it and then just walk into a city full of insurgents.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 00:36   #8
Murphy

I think CE/HAT should be removed from Insurgent maps. The only real use they have is giving them to the enemy. What can you do with a HAT that you couldn't do with guys on the ground pushing through the city like they're supposed to? What is that, you say you want to disarm mines? Are you so daft that you really believe it's simply mines there and no one is waiting to ambush?

Sorry option 1 is the only real choice for players who aren't about getting limited kits. The only tools you really need are all found with spawn kits, stop being soo damn l33t and trying to find a reason to lose a kit that will ruin the game for BluFor.

TLDR: Rifle/Spc/Medic/SL are the only kits needed to destroy a cache, use your brain and quit wasting assets.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 10:49   #9
Lutefisk
Send a message via MSN to Lutefisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaazi View Post
Waiwaiwait, sniper? Snipers are excellent assets in ins, their long range lets them to gauge enemy activity (leading to finding hidden caches), their killing power gets their team intel, and everything else snipers are useful for. Of course, there's a difference between a sniper and a climb-the-mosque-tower-without-any-backup/spotter sniper.
I wouldnt want to bring this up but you can do fairly exactly the same things that a sniper can with an officer kit, to be honest the only difference between a sniper and a officer is the gun (and the fact that the officer can make fob's, have more patches, grenades and such). And the sniper rifle is used for taking out targets at a distance, this is good except for the fact that the insurgents have unlimited amount of tickets rendering your kill useless (and dont try with that high priority target thing, we all know that the insurgents can just respawn without any penalties at all).

The sniper really only does good in AAS, since then the enemy team looses tickets and since they are usually more organized its easier to unorganize them by killing people.
Lutefisk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 20:11   #10
Vanya

By all means everyone has a different playing style. I'm just stating my thoughts on it. Both ways of looking at this have their up sides and down. Sadly there will always be people that use these kits irresponsibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
use your brain
But you don't see, that is one thing people that say "Never!" aren't doing. If a HAT or CE is used properly it can save countless tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarna View Post
engineer kit can be dumped in the river, out of anyone's reach.
That is true. I've seen it done like that, but I've always though of it as an exploitation. And that sir to me seems cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
Quitcherbitchin and use the lovely advantages provided to you.
Word.

I think what I'm trying to get at is if you pull up your squad screen and see someone with a HAT; do not go right off telling him how much of a noob he is. Take a moment and try and see what he is doing. That noob might be clearing mines for the APC that is about to roll in and save your squad. He could also be about to snipe that cache that you have been getting raped trying to get to.

Vanya is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insurgency, kits, opinion, special