project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-09-25, 03:34   #11
Hunt3r
Default Re: Opinion of armor in PR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh33lman View Post
Kashan. i dont know where you play, but usually all the vehicals are gone after the first 30 minutes. theres only 2 or 3 places where the armor goes to attack the bunkers, so your rather easy to find. hanging out gets you lazed by other infantry. The winner of a dogfight is determined by luck rather then skill, and you cant guarentee that your team will have air superiority to cover you.
Usually I run an armor squad, and will almost always manage to take out their armor without the enemy ever knowing what hit them. Unless they manage to predict my strategies right off the bat, in which case all bets are off, but I will still probably manage to bounce back.

I almost always will pop up from behind to kill everything, and if I end up in frontal engagements I shoot back while popping smoke and running, because if I'm in a fair slugout, I've done it wrong and the best I can hope for is to live to go back for repairs, then try again.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:00   #12
kingofthreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
What's your opinion of armored fighting vehicles in PR? Do you think it's simply a waste of tickets, or the most valuable resource in the world?
depends on the map. On Maps like Kashan and Silent eagle the armor is invaluable and must be used by both sides. But maps like Asad Khal and Qwai the armor is not quite as effective for the Americans or Israelis and so they are in limited use when I have played.
kingofthreads is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:13   #13
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
It's all down to the lads crewing it and who they're working with.
Minimum 7 characters.

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:26   #14
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

its like anything else in PR, its a waste if used improperly

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:55   #15
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189

Like how everyone said, waste if used improperly.

It doesn't matter how good the armor is, it's all down to the crew itself.

Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 08:19   #16
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

My personal opinion is that the focus towards 4x4km maps has put too much emphasis on all heavy assets. Personally I think they dilute the players actually trying to achieve the team objectives (with reference to AAS maps). All too often you see a squad or two in the hills of Kashan desert - their excuse 'lazing targets'. Then there is the six tanks chasing each other in A1.

I guess the question I have (and this may have already been answered) is how realistic are heavy assets in what is essentially a platoon sized engagement.

IINoddyII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 11:55   #17
Nebsif
Supporting Member

I always go for tanks on AAS maps... and I feel like the only thing tanks are really good for is hunting enemy armor. infantry has HATs, TOWs, and they can call air support, tbh I feel safer hunting for two tanks with just one instead of attacking bunkers/central village.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 12:15   #18
NyteMyre

I kinda miss how they were scary in earlier versions.
With all the anti-tank missiles in the game, they are just more of an annoyance now
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 00:41   #19
Murphy

Armor used in conjunction with the rest of the team in any respect is not a waste, going out to get blown up 5 minutes later should be an indication of things to come.

I enjoy being the heavy hand of the infantry, but it's a two way street. I can't help you from my APC if you're not going to take care of AT threats, or if you're going to randomly run off without informing anyone of your intentions.

If the infantry can learn to rely on the armor, then armor crews will feel more at ease rolling around with inf when crap hits the fan.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 00:52   #20
AgentMongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Armor used in conjunction with the rest of the team in any respect is not a waste, going out to get blown up 5 minutes later should be an indication of things to come.

I enjoy being the heavy hand of the infantry, but it's a two way street. I can't help you from my APC if you're not going to take care of AT threats, or if you're going to randomly run off without informing anyone of your intentions.

If the infantry can learn to rely on the armor, then armor crews will feel more at ease rolling around with inf when crap hits the fan.
This.
also Please stop asking my to drive IFV's APC's and Tanks into urban areas, on maps like Basara, its not going to help any, and just cost tickets.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, opinion