project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
14 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2010-04-14, 11:26   #1
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default [0909-0917] APC & CAS CTD

Description:
During the course of the game, through an unknown cause, both the driver and gunner of APCs and CAS choppers (Cobra, Hueys) will crash to desktop. All vehicles of the same type will CTD at the same time (all CAS hueys, or both pilot & gunner in Cobra, all LAVs). Is apparently a known issue but I see no bug report so I thought I'd submit one just in case.

Steps to Reproduce:
Has happened now three times between the two levels listed. First the APC gunners & drivers crash to desktop simultaneously, then it happens to the CAS pilots as well. Just happened 3 minutes ago on Jabal (2x US APCs CTD and both CAS CTD simultaneously) with confirmation over mumble.

Tested On:
BigD Servers; Jabal Al Burj 64, Muttrah 64

Video Settings:
Does not seem to matter, because it happens to me (everything maxed out, all settings including textures/lighting) and other people who run medium/low for all settings.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 10:29   #2
eversmen_br
Supporting Member

Default Re: [0909-0917] APC & CAS CTD

Happened two me twice in the same day , every body in the squad that was using a apc got CTD.
PR:BF2 v1.2
eversmen_br is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 12:21   #3
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Were all crashed vehicles close to each other?

Usually hitting certain objects causes crashes inside of the vehicles and randomly for people close to the area. E.g hitting wooden supply boxes from techies with hellfires on Lashar AAS. I was able te reproduce it on the first try after experiencing that in a live game but after that i could not make it happen again.

check the BR and see if the crash occurred right when engaging something.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 18:26   #4
BlackGus

Same accident in Silent Eagle with APC Puma and after with tank Leopard.
BlackGus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 04:09   #5
Arab
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Were all crashed vehicles close to each other?

Usually hitting certain objects causes crashes inside of the vehicles and randomly for people close to the area. E.g hitting wooden supply boxes from techies with hellfires on Lashar AAS.
I was able te reproduce it on the first try after experiencing that in a live game but after that i could not make it happen again.

check the BR and see if the crash occurred right when engaging something.
Do you mean that firing the cannon at those wooden supply boxes cause the crash, or ramming them?
Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 2015-09-18 at 04:55..
Old 2015-01-09, 15:45   #6
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Do you mean that firing the cannon at those wooden supply boxes cause the crash, or ramming them?
If Spook is talking about the same situation it was with me on Laskhar. We both CTD when I fired a hydra at those wooden boxes.
WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 00:45   #7
PatrickLA_CA

I can confirm it happens to CAS choppers as well as jets. I'm not sure was it always the case, but I've noticed most of the times flying jet I've been diving when the CTD occurred.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 06:00   #8
Fir3w411

These CTD are extremely common for me on any jet.

I remember one time I was PLA and was in CAS. The jets had just spawned, my pilot and I took the twin seater. About five minutes in the air, we both CTD simultaneously. I rejoin the server, wait for the other jet. I take off and just like before, CTD. This happened a total of 3 times. All of them in jets.

The worst CTD for me is the mass CTD, I've had amazing rounds squad leading completely ruined because literally seven people in my squad CTD at once, it's really bad..

"Sometimes you just gotta use torture tactics."
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 11:47   #9
Arab
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Basically it affects APCs, CAS and Jets.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 2015-09-18 at 04:18..
Old 2015-02-05, 23:51   #10
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Well, I noticed this:
Every time you finish loading a game (in the middle of the round), and click in "Assignment Squad", it is possible to hear the explosions of ALL vehicles that have been destroyed in the beginning of the round until the time you entered. And if the vehicle is in the briefing place, you can watch the vehicle "alive" and exploding.
Imagine the detonation every time a new player be get in to the server? May be the excessive of explosion may be causing the server CRASH or CTD for the players.

Much times (not always), during the match, also when I give respawn on the FOB, I also hear the sound of detonation.

So sei que nada sei.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
apc, cas, ctd