project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-02-02, 18:50   #11
Wing Walker
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

Talk is cheap, and so are PR-commanders.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 18:02   #12
FlyingR

What a like about this is that it creates unnecessary chatter, if the commander marks a "Build a FOB" to squad 5 on the map, then it removes the necessity of radio communication, meaning the SL can focus more on its squad or other squads.

The thing is like many of you said, now-a-days many don't follow the commander's orders and other squad leaders think they are great.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 18:37   #13
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
What a like about this is that it creates unnecessary chatter, if the commander marks a "Build a FOB" to squad 5 on the map, then it removes the necessity of radio communication, meaning the SL can focus more on its squad or other squads.
That's right! With these tools in place of "orders" (Page UP/Page Down - which all SLs hate), the commander can improve some aspects in the game.

Quote:
The thing is like many of you said, now-a-days many don't follow the commander's orders and other squad leaders think they are great.
One can not focus only on individualistic or "Vanilleiros" players. There are serious players who like to follow a briefing. And it is for them this new menu of the commander.

Another factor that needs to be added to the commander is to allow anyone who assumes this position to choose between being a "Bureaucratic" commander (who is only at the base guiding, and using the UAV), or a "Commander Combatant", who leads the team On the front line. And for this it is necessary to return the frags counter, allow him to choose a second kit (Rifleman), give the same radio options from SL to him among others.

A good SL on the front line as commander, makes the difference.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 04:41   #14
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

I haven't had a decent commander in months who could mark movements fast enough for myself to entrust that he has a grasp of the full picture, let alone allow him/her to unquestioningly direct asset and infantry correctly.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 11:59   #15
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
I haven't had a decent commander in months who could mark movements fast enough for myself to entrust that he has a grasp of the full picture, let alone allow him/her to unquestioningly direct asset and infantry correctly.
I will try to modify the commander, leaving him as an SL (if possible) to show him the idea that I believe works best (combatant commander). It has already been proven that the idea of a passive commander in "BF2: PROJECT REALITY" does not work in practice.

In fact, no one trusts someone who is not in the "FRONT" and wants to give orders.

Commander in "FRONT":
]

Old 2017-02-08, 12:59   #16
FFG

I feel like effective commanding without falling into the milsims hole, is a commander who passes intel to the team effectively. without demanding people do x,y,z.

Old 2017-02-08, 13:27   #17
bahiakof

[OFFTOPIC] Honestly, it would be best if the UAV were a free reconnaissance feature (any SL could use it) or even remove the UAV from the PR, and the commander gaining better combat and communication skills to command the team as a field officer. General of the Army without the powers of a general officer, does not work in practice in the PR.

Last edited by bahiakof; 2017-02-08 at 13:58..
Old 2017-02-08, 13:57   #18
bahiakof

Now leaving "OFFTOPIC", this new menu is aimed at more serious players and organized events.

Old 2017-02-08, 18:43   #19
FFG

I think its a good idea for squads to be filled in on what other squads are focusing on.

Old 2017-02-08, 20:13   #20
Wing Walker

The main feature of any commander is "command".

The PR-commander does not command anything, any feature meant to tell people what to do is impractical fluff.

The only practical aspects of the PR-commander role are the functional one, spotting things on the map, or UAVs.

In the real world this is not a commander, its units like USMC Force Recon, or the Scout Snipers.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion