project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
06 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-02, 10:47   #41
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Broken Turret Stab\Accel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
Don't want to spoil the party but you do know whoever owns a mouse with sensitivity settings can easily overrule the turret traverse limitation? I can instantly multiply my DPI and the turret turns as fast as I want it to. Once players get used to the acceleration it will become completely unbalanced. It's what happens in FH2.
As groho pointed out, this is the exact reason we even considered the "slip-n-slide" to be a valid trade off. Before you could do insane traverse speeds by simply pressing buttons on your mouse. This is not what we want.
People suggested WASD controls, but i can assure you that we tried that. It makes turrets even harder to control and makes them less precise. I personally have no issue with the new system. To stop on spot you just need to move a little in the opposite direction. Another option is to lower your dpi/sensitivity as a gunner. This will also result in less sliding and allow same traverse speeds.
We will try to improve the system, but it most likely going to stay. Especially we do not see a reason to remove it completely in a hotfix as of right now. There are other things that will get a hotfix tho

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2015-11-02, 11:30   #42
viirusiiseli
Banned

DEVs, this new system is completely unfair. Whatever issues with the previous system there were, are not as major as the issues with the new system. Effectiveness of armor completely depends about player skill in PR, you cannot nerf it to shit and believe you're doing the right thing. Someone good with armor? Thats fine, dont mistake it with armor being OP.

AFAIK you still can't destroy buildings and people can play whack-a-mole with you if they want and other vBF2 engine limited things that hurt armor. So there's quite a few reasons like this why you shouldn't just keep nerfing armor like this.

Now this is just an observation from me and not meant as an offense so take it with a grain of salt. The way I see it, very few of the DEV team really even play the game a lot after they're done testing what they've made. Too many DEVs claim what they create is fine in online pub games when the reality is something completely different. Turn your ear a bit more to the community if there's 5 pages of people complaining about something...

Old 2015-11-02, 11:37   #43
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Tried it out a bit on local and I wasn't used to it. Doesn't mean I don't like it.

But as someone said earlier it would be awesome to have like a "brake".

And I still don't understand why we can't have WASD controls.(or arrow keys)

Old 2015-11-02, 11:54   #44
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Tried it out a bit on local and I wasn't used to it. Doesn't mean I don't like it.

But as someone said earlier it would be awesome to have like a "brake".

And I still don't understand why we can't have WASD controls.(or arrow keys)
Exactly, I think it will be fine as long as the aim won't "slide" that much, a stop would be nice.
I also think WASD would be cool, but like Mats said it's probably very imprecise/hard to aim. I can imagine you would be tapping key right, then left, then right etc to get on target.

Old 2015-11-02, 12:04   #45
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Those that been around a while might remember Combined Arms minimod having WASD turret movement. There it only really worked since they had guided projectiles that locked onto enemy tanks.
If anyone is interested, i can make short tutorial on how to use gamepads/joysticks as input for turrets. It is rather simple, but so far i had no success using it cause the Xbox controller isnt zeroed properly

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2015-11-02, 12:15   #46
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

This is not effective anymore.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
Old 2015-11-02, 12:39   #47
[GER]Birnd

The usual crying, its fine to have traverse speeds limited. Just the overshooting is very unintuitive and unrealistic.

My ingame name is [WGP]ARC*[GER]Birnd
Last edited by [GER]Birnd; 2015-11-02 at 12:44..
Old 2015-11-02, 12:51   #48
PatrickLA_CA

Finally APCs won't just drive around full speed and kill infantry like in vBF2 and will have to rely on Infantry to clear ahead of them? Sounds good to me!

This way you can actually have an element of surprise. For example you come upon an enemy Tank with an APC and get your ATGM up. He spots you and instantly turns turret towards you and kills you instead of going back.

Old 2015-11-02, 12:53   #49
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GER]Birnd View Post
The usual crying, its fine to have traverse speeds limited. Just the overshooting is very unintuitive and unrealistic.
Yes, very much this. I found that lowering sensitivity (vehicle) in menu actually helps with the overshooting.

Old 2015-11-02, 13:15   #50
Flippybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
We will try to improve the system, but it most likely going to stay. Especially we do not see a reason to remove it completely in a hotfix as of right now. There are other things that will get a hotfix tho
Is it possible to use both WASD and mouse together? That way we can use wasd for continuous turret rotation and mouse for mostly precise aiming.
Closed Thread

Tags
apc, bad, broken, rotating, stabaccel, turret