project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
06 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2014-04-29, 00:50   #21
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR mumble speech effect suggestion (#2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]-=anders=- View Post
Im in for the idea, if we can make it "tickable" in the settings.
^this

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Yeah i always wished to have that ingame, also I would like to hear people speak local even when they talk via radio. Much more immersive to hear the other squads screaming stuff into their radio and actually a good way to pick up intel your squad might not had before.
^this
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 14:43   #22
Beee8190
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]-=anders=- View Post
Im in for the idea, if we can make it "tickable" in the settings.

That's the spirit! Appreciate you guys will look into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWI-GALIL.556FA View Post
^ I wouldn't want either, just like the mumble cues that were added, kind of pointless. It wouldn't bother me if there wasn't so much spam as it is, but this would compound the problem.

Am I reading that right that not only are you against optional feature but blame mumble for being abused by other players

SL / CO commands - I think that could work as well but initially, I meant the chatter would be used within squads for full immersion but if that can't be done SL / CO would work just as good
Beee8190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 16:24   #23
Ghostwolf

What's about forcing local mumble everytime someone speaks squadchat/squadleaderchat?
Would be kind of cool, if non-squadleaders could hear squadlead chat.
For training and it is more realistic?

EDIT:
Oh...I skipped page 2^^

Quote:
also I would like to hear people speak local even when they talk via radio. Much more immersive to hear the other squads screaming stuff into their radio and actually a good way to pick up intel your squad might not had before.
Ghostwolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 16:57   #24
Inspektura43
Banned

Imagine you are flying full trans helicopter and you start talking to the people in your squad.
Everyone in the trans heli will hear you and this feature will only cause more spam.
Maybe think about something before you suggest it, that was the most stupid idea suggested so far.
Inspektura43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 17:32   #25
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I don't get the problem. Local has lower volume than squadchat and in a moving trans vehicle the local is very low anyways. I wouldn't mind hearing people next to me talking while I am speaking to my squad. It often happens already anyways. People talking in trans vehicles via local, and me talking to my squad. It never bothered me nor made me have problems to understand my squadmates, since its much more quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
Maybe think about something before you suggest it, that was the most stupid idea suggested so far.
Nothing is ever going to top this:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...iscussion.html

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 17:49   #26
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
He did ended up modelling the Bren for falklands
Don't you think you could have brought something a little more practical? - Project Reality Forums

But yeah that thread made my brain spin as well.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 19:35   #27
Ghostwolf

The minimal local chatter will cause more noise, but I wouldn't identify it as spam.
1) It is ingame chatter which fulls up the atmosphere
2) In your example it is in a very load enviroment, where this chatter will not dominate the sound coulisse.

In my opinion it would be just another great detailed feature of PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
Well I think Spooks idea is really good and quite smart, don't you think?
We can express our opinions without insulting others Try it! It's not that hard.
Old 2014-05-05, 20:33   #28
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwolf[GER] View Post
Well I think Spooks idea is really good and quite smart, don't you think?
We can express our opinions without insulting others Try it! It's not that hard.
That would imply he has to consider other opinions next to his own, UNACCEPTABLE!
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 21:36   #29
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

I would very much prefer this:

Squadleader talks to Squadleader / Commander: Automatically transmit local aswell.
Squadmember talks to Squadmember: DO NOT transmit local aswell.

This way, the Squadmembers hear when their Squadleader is talking to other Squads insted of just him being silent. Sometimes you wonder why your Squadleader is not saying anything, when actually it is due to him talking to the CO and other squads. If Squadmembers know he is talking to other SL/CO, they would know what's going on and it also adds to immersion.

Transmitting the Squad-VOIP in local aswell would cause way too much confusion imo. Just imagine the usual bunch of PR-players running around on a 2km map. It's a huge mess. Local mumble is just fine for transmitting relevant information.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 23:52   #30
Ghostwolf

I see your point with Squadmumble+Localmumble confusion problem, but maybe trial-and-error?
Furthermore: Is there a lag between squad+local mumble? Since that would make the decision quite easy

Tags
effect, mumble, speech, suggestion