project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
12 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-01, 22:03   #11
Morgan

OMG almost hotter than the typhoon but not quite! I was hoping for some other goodness but airplanes look pweeety

Old 2008-04-01, 22:07   #12
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
If this is an April Fools joke, I swear to [R-DEV]Eggman that someone will die for it.
Yep... If this is some sort of sick joke, me and KP will murder someone and berry him together
Old 2008-04-01, 22:16   #13
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Considering the fact that it has been stated that we're not allowed fighter bombers because they carried far too much ordinance, even for PR's big maps, this might end up being a disapointment.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2008-04-01, 22:18   #14
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Its a joke, Who wants to die first?

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-04-01, 22:19   #15
Mora

Ooh man we need bigger maps like wake island remake

Old 2008-04-01, 22:20   #16
Viper5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Bob_Marley View Post
Considering the fact that it has been stated that we're not allowed fighter bombers because they carried far too much ordinance, even for PR's big maps, this might end up being a disapointment.
A beautiful model and skin but Bob brings up a good point...

I recall Eggman saying that PR doesnt want fighter bombers but instead for two definitive classes, air to air (Typhoon, Mig, J10, F16) with a JDAM on the air and Air to Ground (Harrier, A10, Su-) with *maybe* a sidewinder or 2
Old 2008-04-01, 22:24   #17
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
I think you will find that he said that before we had LGBs working and all sorts of other tweaks we have done to jets since then which has balanced them out alot. And no, this is not a april fools joke, if it was I would have posted it this morning, not at 9pm and we wouldn't have spent so much work modeling new parts and re-skinning for it

Old 2008-04-01, 22:34   #18
[uBp]Irish

WTB tornado Bomblet Dispersal bomb thingy.

Old 2008-04-01, 22:52   #19
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I think you will find that he said that before we had LGBs working and all sorts of other tweaks we have done to jets since then which has balanced them out alot. And no, this is not a april fools joke, if it was I would have posted it this morning, not at 9pm and we wouldn't have spent so much work modeling new parts and re-skinning for it
So the Tornado still can't designate targets for its self, eh? I'm pretty sure they've got TIALD on them now, but I may be wrong...

Guess its time to model them buccaneers!

@Irish - the British no longer use the JP233 because of the fact it incorporated anti-personell land mines and that nowadays its much easier to use stand off weapons like storm shadow to blow up runways. Though the Jerries still have the MW1, AFIK

And if we had it in PR, I don't think the Chinese airfield would ever actually get repaired, either due to the engineers getting blown up, or the 215 APERS mines causing a server crash.
Last edited by Bob_Marley; 2008-04-01 at 22:59..
Old 2008-04-01, 23:01   #20
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
So the Tornado still can't designate targets for its self, eh? I'm pretty sure they've got TIALD on them now, but I may be wrong...

Guess its time to model them buccaneers!
in real life they do, like most other jets. If you read my first post i state that.

If they can in PR will be anouther matter.

Closed Thread

Tags
gr4, raf, tornado, vehicle, vehicles