project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
08 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2017-02-20, 13:28   #41
bahiakof

bahiakof's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Learning curve, learning curve and learning curve. That is the problem...and perhaps also the solution?
I'll cite an example on the server that I play. In him has a player who is very experienced, In the internal events in which he plays like commander, his team wins the greater part. His style of play is always in the field of coordinating and accompanying the advance (he is not at the base). He is a great leader and fighter. But he only plays commander in events, day by day he does not play as commander.

And I asked why, and he said,
"Because the Commander in Project Reality does not work like a General, and he does not have the same skill on HUD do SL (radio) and also because the commander does not count my frags, I do not find it interesting in this way."

He also said that the UAV "Project Reality" should be removed, according to him, the UAV in PR is the "EYE OF GOD" (invisible and indestructible), "Not real."

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 19:23   #42
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

You can find both great base and field commanders in project reality. Some of them command both from base and from the field. It depends on the situation what they do.

So I am sure the CO player you refer too, really is great in the field and everything, but bottom line is that you can find the same greatness from the base and base/field commanders too.

I agree that the UAV to a certain degree can remove the fog of war, however, it can also be manipulated with by a skilled opponent.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 20:33   #43
bahiakof

bahiakof's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
You can find both great base and field commanders in project reality. Some of them command both from base and from the field. It depends on the situation what they do.

So I am sure the CO player you refer too, really is great in the field and everything, but bottom line is that you can find the same greatness from the base and base/field commanders too.

I agree that the UAV to a certain degree can remove the fog of war, however, it can also be manipulated with by a skilled opponent.
Being a commander-General in Project Reality is not a fun task. But the icons I suggest would help the commander to command.

The truth is that in online games, whoever kills the most is respected and followed by other players, we must not forget that PR is still a game. Maybe that's why many reject the Project Reality commander.

OFFTOPIC: The engine does not allow the development of a DRONE similar to reality, my suggestion would be to replace the Project Reality UAV by helicopter unarmed (type Little Bird Helicopters) equipped with Thermal and zoom, for 2 crew: pilot and observer. It would be more balanced, and the CAS squad will have a new role on the battlefield.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 21:21   #44
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post
Being a commander-General in Project Reality is not a fun task. But the icons I suggest would help the commander to command.
Your icons will undoubtedly help the base type of CO. Your contribution is good stuff. In terms of the task, it is fun for those who like it. We are a small community of CO Players, but we like the task. We find it to be fun.

Quote:
The truth is that in online games, whoever kills the most is respected and followed by other players, we must not forget that PR is still a game. Maybe that's why many reject the Project Reality commander.
A segment of the player base might have it like that, but it is also true that players tend to follow commander players who know what they do. Even though they may not always win a battle.

Quote:
OFFTOPIC: The engine does not allow the development of a DRONE similar to reality, my suggestion would be to replace the Project Reality UAV by helicopter unarmed (type Little Bird Helicopters) equipped with Thermal and zoom, for 2 crew: pilot and observer. It would be more balanced, and the CAS squad will have a new role on the battlefield.
Maybe that idea will be better in terms of the interaction between the decision making players on the team and the players piloting the drone.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2017-02-20 at 21:53.. Reason: piloting instead of pilot
Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 05:37   #45
Captain Fubar

Captain Fubar's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

eyyyyy that's pretty goooood

Yep and that's an enemy jet coming up above us dropping bombs, we're dead, we are de-
Captain Fubar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 09:51   #46
Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

Didn't vanilla have a visible and destructible drone (UAV)? If so, I think it will work in pr, maybe not as "fragile" as it was in vanilla I.E seeing it and killing it.

==============================================

=MeRk=_Smurf_1st


Tit4Tat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 04:37   #47
bahiakof

bahiakof's Avatar
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tit4Tat View Post
Didn't vanilla have a visible and destructible drone (UAV)? If so, I think it will work in pr, maybe not as "fragile" as it was in vanilla I.E seeing it and killing it.
UAV of BF2 is VANILLA as the BF2 itself. You can not use it in PR because it is not a DRONE controllable. In fact he is a type of "toy" of the commander of the BF2 that to track the enemy automatically.

The BF2 engine allowed PR developers to use only the Hellfire missile TV camera as a UAV.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 19:33   #48
Wing Walker
Default Re: Opinion of all of you...

I imagine if they really wanted something like a predator drone in PR it would just be an aircraft variant, and would operate similar, just like a slower moving aircraft so it can just circle, and nothing more than the "gunner position" for a user interface.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
opinion
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:19.