project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
07 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-03-16, 16:17   #1
Scheintot887
Send a message via ICQ to Scheintot887 Send a message via MSN to Scheintot887
Default [Suggestion Server Admins] advice

Hello.

My suggestion:

Seeing that green line on top of your screen while playing PR?

Add some useful and advanced tips to it.

Like "You can cut your engine to listen for enemy vehicles or gunfire",
"When you build a fob to close to a flag, it could get overrun and unspawnable by an enemy attack. Keep a good distance to it",
"You can place rallys within 2 GRIDS of friendly FOBs on every map"
"Listen to footsteps, it will help"

I think you got my point.

I know, some people are requiring to read the manual. To JUST reed the manual, but this is not the reality and it never was. - ( Yes, some people did it, but in the manual some advanced tips are not given).
Giving players some tips while they're playing can be a good thing and they will not read it once, they'll read often.
This will stay in their mind. They will REmind in a given situaton.

I think it can improve the community. Improve the knowledge of all players without much effort.
Last edited by Scheintot887; 2016-03-16 at 16:24..
Old 2016-03-16, 16:50   #2
Frank Jeager

Default Re: [Suggestion Server Admins] advice

There is already a window showing some tips in the loading screen. But I have to say it is a small window and the tips are maybe not all up to date.
A bigger window in the loading sreen gathering the most important tips would be more effective imo.
But also, I don't want to see more big green messages. There are already enough messages on my screen (map votes, warnings, spam chats, teamkills, disconnections, ...).

Frank Jeager is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 16:51   #3
Scheintot887

I get your point. I think it depends on the player. Some players are annoyed by that messages, some not. I'm not.
It should be possible to disable that messages local. So everyone can decide by theirown.

At least a update with useful (advanced) tips on the loading screen would be good. In this case, this topic can removed to Suggestions.
Scheintot887 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 17:12   #4
PatrickLA_CA

There should be only one useful tip on the loading screen with big red text: "Read the manual and you won't ask stupid questions".

But I disagree that specific tips like the ones OP mentioned should be rotate often because it is the same as saying exactly what to do when operating an asset or playing an objective. Let people get experience by themselves. Things like these are what separate the experienced players from the inexperienced players.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 17:20   #5
Scheintot887

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
There should be only one useful tip on the loading screen with big red text: "Read the manual and you won't ask stupid questions".

But I disagree that specific tips like the ones OP mentioned should be rotate often because it is the same as saying exactly what to do when operating an asset or playing an objective. Let people get experience by themselves. Things like these are what separate the experienced players from the inexperienced players.
It is not about the basic stuff which the manual is containing.
I am speaking of advanced tips.

Also, it is not an order, it is a tip. You can do it, see what it brings and if you like it, you can do it.
It is about giving new players or not so experienced players tips, so they have an idea how the most experienced guys play. May they can adopt it, may improve, may throw it away.

"Things like these are what separate the experienced players from the inexperienced players"

Does it have to be like that? The current situation looks as follow:

"BALANCE THE GAME ADMIN! YOU NEED TO SCRAMBLE!"

Read my post in "clanmates" which I've posted an hour ago, so you get an idea.

If more people have more knowledge, we gonna avoid this situations or at least we gonna decrease their appearance.

At least it is a try.

PS:

"There should be only one useful tip on the loading screen with big red text: "Read the manual and you won't ask stupid questions"."

Unrealstic point of view. It is not gonna work. Some people don't even know how many FOBs you can build, how far you need to be away from the crate. Some players are not even aware how the AAS system truly works....
Last edited by Scheintot887; 2016-03-16 at 17:29..
Old 2016-03-16, 17:33   #6
Cossack
Supporting Member

Sorry, but too many scrolling messages makes servers unstable as hell, so nope, can't do. I on OD-S server experienced that.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 18:42   #7
Scheintot887

That's a point. Then to update the loadingscreen messages would be the best for all I think.
A good compromise for all.
Scheintot887 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, advice, server, suggestion