project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-01, 20:45   #1
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default [Vehicle] RAF Tornado GR4

The RAF Tornado GR4 is a Fighter-Bomber, 2 seater twin engine class of Jet which is capable of low-level, super sonic flight and comes with a few other neat features like sweep back wings and capable of delivering a wide variety of weapons.

Myself and a few other Dev/Cons have been working over the past few months with converting the OPK, German Tornado IDS into a RAF Tornado GR4, aswell as tweaking its performance to be like the other jets in PR, which is still in progress
Thou they are more or less the same aircraft, there is a few differences thou most of them being software and bits under the skin that you cant see, there is a few small difference like the TIALD (Thermal Imaging Airborne Laser Designator) pod, the Sky Shadow-2 electronic countermeasures pod and a few other small things, which have been modeled, UVed, imported and attached by myself.
The skin tweaks have been done by [R-CON]Geze which has been doing a really nice job on lots of our skin tweaks as to date
The new Paveway II LGB (Laser Guided Bomb) and Brimstone Air to Surface AT Missile where modeled and skinned by [R-DEV]Stigger (which you can also see on his Harrier renders) and Imported by myself.

Thanks for OPK to let us use there excellent model which you can see more of here: Operation Peacekeeper - A Battlefield 2 Modification : Tornado IDS - strike aircraft

This is still WIP with lots of fixes still to be done but its in a good state now to show to you guys, hope you like it

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2008-04-02 at 02:43..
Old 2008-04-01, 21:45   #2
CodeC.Seven

Send a message via ICQ to CodeC.Seven Send a message via MSN to CodeC.Seven

OMFG OMFG HOW NICE OMFG O.O I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

-Sig removed-
Old 2008-04-01, 21:47   #3
KP
Retired Moderator

If this is an April Fools joke, I swear to [R-DEV]Eggman that someone will die for it.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Old 2008-04-01, 22:07   #4
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
If this is an April Fools joke, I swear to [R-DEV]Eggman that someone will die for it.
Yep... If this is some sort of sick joke, me and KP will murder someone and berry him together
Old 2008-04-01, 21:49   #5
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Beautiful !

So, what is the new chinese jet to balance the game ? :P

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
Old 2008-04-01, 21:51   #6
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

i have been waiting for this ever since i joined PR! makes you all goey inside!
i know its mainly germn but it makes you want ti sing:

God save our gracious queen
Long live our nobel queen
God save the queen
Send her victorious
Happy and Glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the queen

thank you devs!!!

(also i love the new national anthem guitar riff when we win a round, reminds me of sex pistols: god save the queen.)

Old 2008-04-01, 21:53   #7
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

wow the brits are really gettin loaded up with goodies in this mod. im curious where this aircraft slots in though because now we have for the UK:
the Eurofighter - fighter jet
the harrier - i think this is for ground attack? like the A-10?
the tornado - i guess this is also for ground attack? im sort of confused but regardless its still awesome. but i thought britain was phasing out the tornado?

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
Old 2008-04-01, 21:58   #8
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
Beautiful !

So, what is the new chinese jet to balance the game ? :P
The SU-30MMK which was only used in 1 map on vBF2 (Darqin Oilfileds) so no one really noticed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
wow the brits are really gettin loaded up with goodies in this mod. im curious where this aircraft slots in though because now we have for the UK:
the Eurofighter - fighter jet
the harrier - i think this is for ground attack? like the A-10?
the tornado - i guess this is also for ground attack? im sort of confused but regardless its still awesome. but i thought britain was phasing out the tornado?
3 main classes of Jet in PR, well only 2 in the current release since we dont use the 3rd class at the moment.

Fighter jet, like the EF2000, J-10, F-16 etc.
Attack Jet, like the A-10, Harrier etc.
Fighter-Bombers, Tornado GR4, F-15, Su-30MMK etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Smeg View Post
Excellent Photography!
nothing that the battle recorder and the debugger cant do. I did cheat a little I forced the debugger to run all the objects (apart from the trees) in there highest LOD and always be culled aswell as the normal disabling nametags and HUD

Old 2008-04-01, 22:03   #9
Technoelite

if it is two seater would it be possible to have the weaponssystems operator in teh abck seat liek in real life to control missles and stuff

Old 2008-04-01, 22:03   #10
Morgan

OMG almost hotter than the typhoon but not quite! I was hoping for some other goodness but airplanes look pweeety

Closed Thread

Tags
gr4, raf, tornado, vehicle, vehicles