project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-06-05, 03:09   #11
transpilot
Default Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
I watch the ticket count 24/7 and I've never seen the count go down for wounded.
Wash your eyes better
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 03:12   #12
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
3 guys who might get revived (3 tickets) and you going deaddead (2 tickets)

With that MG42 you could have killed more of them if better positioned.

If you want to improve your knife skills I suggest you watch that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzo18ibOCDQ
It was an MG34, there were 9 enemies, which 5 or 6 of were aimed right at me. You CANNOT sit still to aim in this situation or you will not last long. If i had bushes maybe, but that reduces visibility, its weighing things out and i can always do bushes anytime. This stuff happens to me alot. If i did this in bushes/camouflage it would be 9+ in there, too chaotic for what i wanted to do.(use dead space, get surrounded, divert enemy from flag cap edge, waste their time/attention, play dead). I intended on playing dead. Never just die, always pretend to be dead if dying is going to happen anyways. You wont die where or the way you would have playing dead, it also allows a second chance. TOP 3 weapons: Pistol, fast deploy(pin) grenade, knife.

This was my chosen position for several reasons. Its fun situational practice, there was some people to teach. For my position reason the Americans were storming the Omaha WN71 big trench so i wanted to divert them with distraction to my side of trench/map (east side) out of the WN71 cap zone.

This meant I had to be in hole closest to trench. Every other position of surrounding cover enemy used is just out of hand grenade range, bushes are too typical lengths of hedge rows easy to clear, this hole provides dead open space and grass for specific noise to listen if enemy moves close. When it seems like im doing nothing, sitting still in that hole not ready for enemy to rush, im just listening for the footsteps over grass crunching or brushing. I was hoping WN73 and WN72 would help before it went neutral/keep it neutral. I successfully diverted 9+. We were there for 11 minutes or more. Full video is on account the link is posted from

I've also done it in the trenches, laying along the wall hiding my head in barrels/obstacles/bodies(Reichswald, Omaha). I get stepped on and kicked a lot by enemy running by not looking at their feet. One time on Operation Marlin TV station building getting breached, i was just shooting down the stairs at some enemies without seeing their bodies, pre-firing where i dont want them to hold or delay them on a middle floor. I run up the stairs one flight, drop my kit and so its just my body playing dead. Nothing to help hide it. I was getting stepped on, pushed and kicked by them running up the stairs 5 seconds later after shooting at them. I had to tell them I was playing dead in stairwell (I was only person defending at moment).
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 03:36   #13
transpilot

People with more kills than deaths position better and can ez handle several enemies with an AR.
If you feel better to roleplay some Vietnam Vet in a video game than enjoy it?
I still have 1 question: do you wear camo infront of your pc?
Old 2021-06-05, 05:22   #14
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
People with more kills than deaths position better and can ez handle several enemies with an AR.
If you feel better to roleplay some Vietnam Vet in a video game than enjoy it?
I still have 1 question: do you wear camo infront of your pc?
I dont wear camo infront of my laptop, i wear it infront of trees. Those enemies are not all aimed at the people with AR, i have seen it where AR kills lots of enemies, but they arent all aimed at him unless its from one spot. The AR usually has help, distraction of somebody else getting shot at or a way to angle one enemy into view at a time. Watch the full video, they knew we were there, the other 2 guys got picked off. Its almost half circle surrounded with only the edge of the hole to peek over.

No mics, didnt listen to keep moving. The other 2 guys die sooner cause they sit still, the exact reason they get shot so easy. Moving makes enemy miss, suppressing while sitting still gets you killed.

I was suppressing here to delay them from my position and cap zone. The single 1 second it takes your mind to sweep over their position left to right with suppression hoping to hit something you move slower, its all equal here and your enemy wants to survive as much as you. I dont mind if my bullets hit the cover, go over enemy heads, it just means im sending bullets and have no direct path. But it keeps them back.

Also the video you provided for knife kills, the selfies, yeah its funny. But for that method its cover man going to knife, man going to knife doesnt block shot of man cover. He goes around so if the victim turns around he has instant protection. It only shows one method to knife. Basically stealth knifing covered by rifle to kill in silence. Next is camouflage knifing like Rambo. 3rd is playing dead or any other creative Hollywood video game situation.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-06-05 at 07:39..
Old 2021-06-05, 06:37   #15
transpilot

Here another Video for you to learn how to position as AR so you actually kill people instead of wasting bullets to suppress...

https://youtu.be/zu-JUfbT164
Old 2021-06-05, 06:58   #16
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
I watch the ticket count 24/7 and I've never seen the count go down for wounded.
I can understand your confusion when you're in combat and you don't notice what happens to the ticket counter, but it's really obvious when you check the PR tracker eg. It's always funny to me hearing people accuse others of causing losses by giving up at the end of a close game because they, too, for whatever reason believe only death causes tickets to drop. If memory serves correctly this has always been the case, even all the way back in vBF2.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 08:24   #17
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
Here another Video for you to learn how to position as AR so you actually kill people instead of wasting bullets to suppress...

That is a completely different situation which i already described about the AR. Exactly as i said he is using angles to control which direction that he is exposed to. Im in a hole against a half circle of 9 enemies, so i can only use half my circle which has no angle control to manage which specific enemy or side im exposed to. Its flat edge ground and if i peek for one enemy then thats all enemies who see me. Also the AR in the video would get pushed from below by enemy out of view because he cant see all sides of him, so he wont last that long. I can see all sides of me there. He has 3 floors to cover, 4 sides. I have my surroundings.

I was up against 2 American BAR automatic rifles and M1 Garands, all shooting at me or waiting for me to sit still looking at me. If me moving stops some players from shooting at me because they are stupid and only shoot when sight is directly lined up with me.... Well more reason to do what i keep doing.

You are one of the players who sits there getting shot at while trying to accurately shoot a target and doesnt even know they are getting shot at. I know this because you dont even know im getting shot at even with the bullet sounds snapping by every time i peek. Otherwise you wouldnt even be saying to try accurate fire, thats what they are trying to do to me. i dont want to shoot at one of them and risk getting killed. I want to throw off the aim of all of them by shooting at everything surrounding me in 1-3 seconds and throw their aim off by moving.

I had too many with guns to use guns against them, takes too long to kill 9 of them aiming with guns. I prefer a knife where they are closer with guard down, using psychological tactics that is more fun than Call of Duty accurate fire. When you are outnumbered psychological tactics is key to survival and winning, conventional tactics dont work. Aiming against aiming with 1 vs 9 doesnt work. Only 3 reasons they have to believe i actually died... That grenade going off right before they approach, i could have bled out or theres 9 of them, somebody probably got me. But nope i was playing dead.

That would requires sitting still or aiming at a single one or cluster when there is 9 surrounding me. I would have to switch between clusters, which there was only one under camo netting and 5 more spread to right of that for me in individual spots. 2 BARs. They are waiting for me to sit still so they stop missing, .
Old 2021-06-05, 08:29   #18
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:

We already went over the reasoning for my choice of position, my goal was to attract and deal with alot. This isnt Call of Duty where you can just accurate fire everything and survive. It sounds like thats your only skill and suggestion, AR is a squad weapon meant to be devastating with the help of a squad and not all in one hole where the "distraction" is 3 meters next to you getting shot at on a cross fire. I dont like the way you suggest playing, i doubt you play. You seem to know nothing. This is my last post entertaining you.

I have watched enough tracker to see the mistake of people trying to aim and accurately fire at enemies while being shot at either un-aware they are being shot at or they have a stupid "I have to get them this time" mentality instead of bailing to cover to try again. Its dumb and i dont do it, its how i survived that long by moving around, its why the other 2 are dead.

Trying to actually kill 1/9 with guns, even if you did kill 1 how many shots did that take you and you will probably get wounded bleeding yourself. Did you take out BAR first? I didn't get shot once in this hole while the other 2 died. Moving around makes me inaccurate while firing, but moving around keeps me alive. When you weigh the 2 together, staying alive is more important.

If your only skill to rely on is Call of Duty accurate fire where nobody suppresses in some deluded fantasy that you could use it better in this same position. It wouldnt happen this way anywhere else unless you want a typical bush situation where this excitement doesnt happen. The AR in that video would get pushed from below because he cant watch all sides of him. AR in that video has no targets in view, he is not in a hole next to a trench that's already being swarmed upon arrival, its a completely different situation and available position that doesnt exist on the map i took video on.

You are recommending videos to spite the ones i recommend, yet you cant even take the time to provide a proper example closer to my situation. Thats why the knife video you recommended had nothing to do with the way i was using the knife. The way i was using the knife directly relates to what knife fighting mentor Mike Mah said but it looks different than his situation he described. My fighting hole is a giant crater, its day time, im playing dead, it was a firefight starting out. But the same Mike said that is happening, they are coming one after the other like in 1-2 seconds, I did not heed what he said when i died, i should have went in because where that enemy ended up standing and shooting me was meeting me halfway anyways going same speed.

Stop pretending you could survive this accurate firing with an AR, nobody can because that requires sitting still, M249 SAW is easier to control and isnt only deployed mode for it. For accurate fire with a deployed only AR you need to sit still in the full squad or fire team function providing suppressing fire. You dont know how to use it right, sitting here telling me i can accurate fire 9 guys while alone. You dont even know the MG34 or any AR function.

I picked MG34 up off a dead body right before i became last man. It COULDNT be used right, especially alone in that situation because its a squad operated weapon. This is NOT Call of Duty or shooting un-suspecting targets with your custom loadout. If i used the bushes i could take out 2 of them fast before having to move cause machine guns make noise, but then again they wouldn't be there then if i used bushes. They would be in bushes. It happened how it happened cause what i did.
Old 2021-06-05, 08:33   #19
transpilot

But the AR in my Video made more than 30 kills without dying, while u wounded 3 guys and got killed.
You understand that having more kills than deaths in this game helps your team to win?

Also being in that hole in your video as AR isnt smart because you have to Cover 360° which doesnt work as you proved in your video.
Old 2021-06-05, 08:39   #20
transpilot

Next time i see you playing ill invite you into my squad to teach you the basics in PR and hopefully we can carry you to a proper kd