project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-05-30, 16:06   #1
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Discussion/video shows PLAYING DEAD in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork)

I finally recorded and posted a video on How to Play Dead of me playing dead on Omaha beach getting 3 knife kills almost killing the 4th. It is now apart of the SQUAD TEAMWORK PLAYLIST on YouTube for training which includes 1000 skills or things to try to pick up on then use in over 25 subjects. Learn from its demonstrations, instructions and meme filled inspirations, you can carry out memeful acts. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j4SCf7-W4-gtgi

What are your thoughts or experiences on playing dead together with people? Preferably against infantry, the more difficult to convince up close, your equal who you can really psychologically impact whether you win or lose.

My method here is, there is just too many enemies. 9 or more for me to take the time to aim at each one cause sitting still to aim accurately will get you killed pretty quickly even with 1 man, but there is 9 of them. Using a gun to kill each one takes too long and is risky. A knife is much faster playing dead to get them close. Only way to make them believe it is the constant possibility of bleeding out OR that grenade that went off killed me.

I have played dead successfully a few times with small groups of 2-3 and attempted once with full squad for kills. Then succeeded with survival against tanks on Kashan North outpost cap zone with full squad. Dead roach is the universal order to camo up 1 man per cover in grenade spread or play dead. Freeze is cover, camouflage, no noise, listen for footsteps. The top 3 weapons for playing dead are pistol, knife, fast pull pin grenades to drop and run.

The element of surprise gives you the advantage for only a few seconds of confusion it provides, results may vary against different players like for example I DOUBLE TAP THE TRIGGER AND STAB DEAD BODIES IN PROJECT REALITY FOR THE FUN OF THE REALISM OF CHECKING BODIES AND INCASE ONE OF THE PEOPLE I TAUGHT LEARNED TO PLAY DEAD. TRY TO PULL THIS CRAP ON ME(the teacher) YOU ARE DEAD. Best feeling is when they see you pop up after scanning over you once looking for living targets.

Learn more on close quarters combat with knives from Vietnam night combat veteran Mike Mah and the 1000s of other things to pick up on from the Squad Teamwork playlist and use on other players. The sooner you start learning AND PRACTICING these skills before other players you will be better off than having it used against you. Instructional and demonstration training for free with great entertainment mimicking the skills that you can and i do frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j4SCf7-W4-gtgi

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-06-18 at 01:21..
Old 2021-06-03, 17:57   #2
JamesRyan123

Default Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

mate
when you using the knife, the dead is instant?
JamesRyan123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 10:37   #3
transpilot
Default Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

3 guys who might get revived (3 tickets) and you going deaddead (2 tickets)

With that MG42 you could have killed more of them if better positioned.

If you want to improve your knife skills I suggest you watch that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzo18ibOCDQ
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 19:07   #4
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
3 guys who might get revived (3 tickets) and you going deaddead (2 tickets)
This has always been a misconception I've noticed, Going wounded doesn't make you lose tickets, its going DEAD (dead dead) is what makes you lose tickets and you only lose 1 not 2. It would be unrealistic that a grunt would cost as much as a basic jeep.

Jeep or truck: 2 tickets
Transport helicopter: 5 tickets
APC/AAV/RECON: 5 tickets
Tank or IFV: 10 tickets
Jet or attack helicopter: 10 tickets

Straight from the manual ^^

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 19:59   #5
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
This has always been a misconception I've noticed, Going wounded doesn't make you lose tickets, its going DEAD (dead dead) is what makes you lose tickets and you only lose 1 not 2.
Wrong. Getting wounded costs 1 ticket, giving up costs another, going dead-dead immediately also only costs one.

What you're describing is how it's handled in Squad or Post Scriptum.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 20:19   #6
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
going dead-dead immediately also only costs one.
Going dead-dead when you are not in the wounded state costs 2 tickets.

Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 20:56   #7
transpilot

Quote:
This has always been a misconception I've noticed, Going wounded doesn't make you lose tickets, its going DEAD (dead dead) is what makes you lose tickets and you only lose 1 not 2. It would be unrealistic that a grunt would cost as much as a basic jeep.

Jeep or truck: 2 tickets
Transport helicopter: 5 tickets
APC/AAV/RECON: 5 tickets
Tank or IFV: 10 tickets
Jet or attack helicopter: 10 tickets

Straight from the manual ^^
Nice try, read better
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 22:40   #8
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
Nice try, read better
I watch the ticket count 24/7 and I've never seen the count go down for wounded.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 02:30   #9
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
I watch the ticket count 24/7 and I've never seen the count go down for wounded.
I watch ticket counter, cause as Transpilot may know i die alot, but he doesnt understand its all while practicing this stuff of playing dead, playing with my food(enemy).. its all i have to do after learning a new or being taught an old lesson in an old way, usually involves me dying practicing stuff as you see here.

So i spend alot of time watching it as dots disappear going wounded on map with ticket counter going down. Wounded once is ticket loss, dead dead is another ticket. If wounded, revived, then wounded 2 minutes later when you wont go dead dead you can get revived again.

Thats 3+ tickets from one life, you can get wounded every 2 minutes after revive. If there is a lot of players who think like you, in close games with less than 50 tickets they dont understand that dying/getting wounded counts against tickets. So you need to change fighting style away from aggressive, go for survival.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 02:52   #10
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Going dead-dead when you are not in the wounded state costs 2 tickets.
According to this Vietnam vet you may have seen me mention, knife kills should be instant dead/shut down. Cause of how hard it is to get and for realism. Combat knives are big wounding weapons from one proper hit and the 1st person/3rd person views of knife kills in PR match this. Knife is stick, twist, rip it out fast and hard.. Its a bloody mess thats going to open a new drain in the arterial system, there is no time to apply a patch with that wound, its gonna be busted open embolism. Most knife fighting happens at night, love me that Omaha night map with bushes.

Side note: Imagine digging an inground fighting hole, someone coming up and taking a dump (poop) right outside your fighting hole. Its gonna smell. Enemies be voiding their bowels. If you notice I stuck the knife in the 2nd enemies booty hole just like Mike Mah told me to.

KA-BAR KNIFE TACTICS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg14Kp1NgTE
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote