project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-06-05, 08:43   #21
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRyan123 View Post
mate
when you using the knife, the dead is instant?
I dont know man, you gotta ask the victim of this psychological torment i hope enters their dreams of playing Project Reality. You ever had one of them dreams? Coolest ever. But yeah this whole "I got knifed" thing dont happen to me so i wouldnt know if they go dead dead ever. They should if i knife them in the butt and hit the Y junction of where aorta artery and femoral meet.

Anything that causes major destructive un-sealable embolism, fast drop in blood pressure or oxygen to brain is not revivable. Sever the connection at the neck and CPR is pointless, no blood connection to keep them alive. Its a wet mess and your best bet is Flex SealĀ® tape.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 11:15   #22
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRyan123 View Post
mate
when you using the knife, the dead is instant?
Instant dead-dead happens only if hit in the head.

Spoiler for Math:

True for any knife and bayonet
Code:
ObjectTemplate.damage 35, ObjectTemplate.fire.batchSize 10

<Body part> = <damage>
<source>

Head = 5250
MaterialManager.createCell 48 25
MaterialManager.damageMod 15

Upper leg / no armor chest = 245
MaterialManager.createCell 48 24
MaterialManager.damageMod 0.7

Poor armor = 245
MaterialManager.createCell 48 3703

Full armor = 210
MaterialManager.createCell 48 23
MaterialManager.damageMod 0.6

Shoulder / Lower arm / Lower leg = 87,5
MaterialManager.createCell 48 77
MaterialManager.damageMod 0.25

Suchar is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 13:02   #23
Brotherscompany
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post

Spoiler for Math:

Code:

<Body part> = <damage>
<source>

Head = 5250

Poor armor = 245

Full armor = 210

2 shot kill to upper leg using a regular weapon like the M4?
2 or 3 shot kill if you shoot him once in the leg, then in the body armor?
Brotherscompany is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 15:22   #24
transpilot

Yes, welcome to pr
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 18:52   #25
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post

Spoiler for Math:

Code:

<Body part> = <damage>
<source>

Head = 5250

Poor armor = 245

Full armor = 210

Only talking about for knives here. Arms and legs should remain the same and keep consideration with those armor values for damage. But for the un-armored torso and head in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam it was never a wound that could be stabilized if it was stuck in, twisted and ripped out.

Which i have heard most of the close quarters combat methods, tactics and nasty situational details. Small night trench raids, human waves and many others. The goal is to dispatch enemies quickly, whether its being done quietly and/or in a mass attack. Upper half of torso and head with no armor should be instant death from knife that big. Just massive shock, blood pressure loss, un-conscious bleeding out till dead. Not all blood needs to bleed out for death.

Its a good reward for a knife kill, gives more incentive to use knife. Stabbing wounded bodies should also make them go dead dead for realism. I usually do it anyways cause it tells them "give up, there is no medic, just us enemies".
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-06-14 at 02:58..
Old 2021-06-05, 20:11   #26
transpilot

Dont go amok in your school
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 07:45   #27
UncleSmek

I will never forget when you hid in the back of the truck on Nuijama and caused a great ruckus for my squad Grump. That was very epic stuff.

Dont listen to Transpilot, he is a hater and a nobody. Do your thing.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 21:28   #28
rogdozz

good content, make more videos grump. way better for learning than your playlist
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 04:30   #29
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Discussion on playing dead in Project Reality(methods, tactics, teamwork, lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
good content, make more videos grump. way better for learning than your playlist
Its going in the playlist. Sit back and enjoy the entertainment. I take time to think about the order of every video and which subject comes first as much as i take time to teach. Its entertaining and each video leads into another usually referencing or humorizing a skills, i try to mark new subjects with introduction videos. I re-formatted the playlist so its all the brief skills up to about video 70, then comes more advanced in depth stuff. I even put MK ultra videos at bottom for programming the skills in, learn the skills first before you MK Ultra yourself like Mason from Black Ops with the numbers. Survivors guilt video and epic documentary called "Soldiers in hiding". The playlist is a work of art.

Like the trap door spider video in camouflage section, its same concept as using bush camouflage. Individual movement techniques are first, cause anyone can run but you need to know the use of the other movements. Then individual fieldcraft demonstrates this in the video, it also demonstrates a textbook knife kill, that depiction waited for the firefight distraction to start before knifing. Little details like that to pick up on and learn from, just copy or try anything effective you see. But observe the fullest detail or definition of what is said or done on the screen. Mimic it.

Back to the spider holes, see in real life with infantry crossing the open desert with tanks. The infantry needs their bayonets fixed cause of spider holes in desert, might fall into one with enemy inside. You want every weapon available to you. That should be put into PR or BF3:PR.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote