project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
28 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2010-07-22, 00:05   #91
Moonlight
Default Re: Training Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlumberg26 View Post
If you wanted to teach a friend how to play it was perfect, and if you didn't want to get pwned you could still join a server with only a few people in it and practice.
I originally wanted to write something but all I need is to quote.

Also, can we get any clue if DEVs are considering re-introducing training mode? I know before .9 implementing co-op was advertised by pretty much anyone as a new training mode but apparently that just didn't work...
Moonlight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 01:18   #92
FunkDoctorSpot
Default Re: Training Mode v0.9

The thing with the training-servers was, that you could get used to vehicles and weapons

You could crash one jet after the other and they just respawn after one is away from the spawnplace

Now you have to wait 20min like on a normal server, or waste tickets AND wait 20min for the jet on a public game
FunkDoctorSpot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 12:37   #93
oxYris

Would be great to get training servers back up.

Firstly it was very good to learn how to fly choppers / jets or to drive vehicles like tanks etc. which you normally can't even get to use on a normal server (e.g. some people instantly creating a HELO-squad grabbing all the assets) and when you would get one you would only crash because you've only flown some BF2 vanilla choppers. Secondly it was also a great deal of fun when not wanting to go on a "serious" round to just fly / drive around a bit, trying to hit some houses etc.

I can't really understand why this option was removed. The argument that training server where a "haven" for people who just wanted to fool around or something isn't really valid. A part of these people probably hang around on normal servers now and I can't see the point anyway of forbidding people to do what they like on a training server because after all it is a training server!
oxYris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 13:23   #94
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

Fly in Deployment Local Mode or with some of the normal air assets in Co-op, is my advice. Bring your friends if you need help or want company. (go on Hamachi)

Kashan Training was nothing but a rapefest all over and not an effective place for learning.
I do agree that there should be a new kind of Training mode, albeit different from the former Kashan and Qinling Training.
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 13:54   #95
oxYris

Was this a new phenomenon with v0.9? I last played training mode in the (probably earlier) v0.8 days and I can't remember it beeing a "rapefest". Ok, I got shot down a few times by AA but hey that happens in actual games too and I got to learn how to cope with it. And when you didn't want to be shot down you could just fly around some other part of the map. I just don't understand why something is removed from the game when each person can decide if they want to play it or not. Just getting rid of it with no proper alternative (Co-op, empty servers with insame spawn times, etc.) because some people didn't like it isn't really a solution IMHO.
oxYris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:51   #96
Indistinct0

Didn't know that was available in previous versions but I wish it was now. Would've helped me very much, and others as well. Has me thinking about Americas Army with all the training crap you have available to do, target practice, sniper training, weapon introduction, individual weapon training, airborne training, the stuff was unbelieveable.
Indistinct0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 03:48   #97
Maniac302

Here's a thought. Why not bring back Practice mode, but hardcode it so that it can only be run offline, on a persons computer. Noobing isn't fun when there is no one else around, and you can still get in your flying practice.

Using Co-op for flying practice is great if you're practicing choppers, but jets don't handle the same in Co-op, and I don't know many players who are going to start a normal match, just to wait 20 minutes for the jets to spawn.

Not everyone has easy access to a clan that runs dedicated training programs. Those people are SOL.

The beatings will continue untill morale improves.
Maniac302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 10:41   #98
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxYris View Post
Would be great to get training servers back up.

Firstly it was very good to learn how to fly choppers / jets or to drive vehicles like tanks etc. which you normally can't even get to use on a normal server (e.g. some people instantly creating a HELO-squad grabbing all the assets) and when you would get one you would only crash because you've only flown some BF2 vanilla choppers. Secondly it was also a great deal of fun when not wanting to go on a "serious" round to just fly / drive around a bit, trying to hit some houses etc.

I can't really understand why this option was removed. The argument that training server where a "haven" for people who just wanted to fool around or something isn't really valid. A part of these people probably hang around on normal servers now and I can't see the point anyway of forbidding people to do what they like on a training server because after all it is a training server!
Uh, I'm pretty sure that training attracts people that run counter to what PR should be.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 10:52   #99
Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
Uh, I'm pretty sure that training attracts people that run counter to what PR should be.
Thing is, at this very moment they are baseraping on some co-op server at kashan desert laughing demoniacally.
So.. problem solved, huh? Players are hardcoded, if he's an ass, he will be, no matter what.
Moonlight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 17:38   #100
Furst

Send a message via MSN to Furst

arent there enough people longing to get the training mode back now? id love it! there is no similar possibility to get into many of the games features or for simple practice!

coop? cant work with that and i dont really see the coherence between the main game and this curious mode.
Furst is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mode, training, v09