project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-11, 18:49   #1
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

Arrow V.8 Testing Applications

You MUST read all of this post before applying!

Quote:
We are about to begin testing shortly on v0.8. The testing process carries through the entire v0.8 development cycle, and is often quite 'raw' when the first build is released. Therefore, we are looking only for quality testers who have the patience and persistence to help us sort out the bugs and issues. If all your looking for is a sneak peak at the new features, forget about signing up and just wait for the first public release. We are looking for solid testers in order to maximize testing efficiency so we can get v0.8 out as quickly as possible. As a tester you are not required to know about: coding, texturing, map making or anything like that (though it doesn't hurt to have the experience).

What is required of you as a tester:
- Knowing how to play Project Reality in a teamwork orientated manner.
- Mature attitude, preferably over 18 years of age.
- What tactics currently work very well in PR and what doesn't work. Including exploitable tactics.
- Extensive knowledge of the latest version of PR and how it plays.
- How to exploit the game (prone diving, capturing flags in weird places, etc)
- How to identify a vanilla battlefield 2 bug from a project reality bug.
- Ability to follow commands, and be patient as we test in detail specific bugs, some of which can be very hard to pin point.
- Ability to 'play dumb' and get repeatedly shot while we test certain issues. Sometimes you may have to be shot over and over again and not fire a shot in order to test specific features.

If you feel you cannot do any of these things, you may not be what we are looking for in a tester, please don't bother signing up. Testing is not for everyone, it's okay to admit it's not for you.

If at anytime you feel you cannot/do not wish to participate any longer for testing, please let the Lead or Deputy Lead testers know! We need to keep a high number of ACTIVE testers otherwise overall testing quality will suffer. So if you will be away for an extended time, just don't have time anymore because of work/school, or just are not interested any longer, please PM the lead or a deputy lead testers! This will save a lot of headaches for the PR team.

First Things to do as a tester:

- Sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement before doing anything, anyone who dose not do this in the first 48hrs of becoming a tester will be removed!

- Read all the posts in the New Testers section of the forums.

- Download the latest test release. Be sure to review all the changes in the change log.

- Once you have got the latest test release, I recommend doing a local server test to look at all the cool new stuff on your own. Do NOT do this when your in a testing session.

Testing Times:

The biggest bulk of testing will be done over the weekends mainly in the evening/night so if you are for some reason constantly busy around this time it is most likely better that you do not apply to be a tester. Testing sessions will be posted up with advanced waring for you to clear your time over that weekend, record any movies that are on that you wanted to watch or w/e and you should check the tester forums looking for these posts often. Thou some odd testing will be done over the weekdays if this dose occur, you will be warned in advanced about it but the main point is the weekend testing is the most critical here so again, if you dont have time on the weekends to put towards PR testing, don't bother to apply. Time Zones are a slight issue but since there will be separate testing sessions for both EU and NA that are convenient to thous times, if you cant make say 9pm GMT or 10pm EST for testing since you are in anouther time zone where this dose not agree with you please don't apply.

Key Things to remember:

* You will be on a trial basis, we need you to be very active once new builds come out. If we find your not carrying your weight, you will be removed from testing to make way for more active testers. You'll find new builds will come out slowly at first, but then it will get faster and faster. The last week being a sort of 'crunch time' where we will need VERY active testers to help sort out last minute issues.

* The most important thing to remember is when we are doing a serious testing session, DO NOT KILL ANYONE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ASKED. We will be testing key issues and if you f*ck about, you're gone. This means during testing sessions testers will not hop in vehicles / randomly drive around / fire guns randomly, common sense things. Testers are chosen because we know your not a smacktard who does these sorts of things, but just stating this here again so you get the point.

* When we are done key testing issues we will have opportunity to try out game play and have a little fun. At the end of each test session the lead tester will announce "Fights on" meaning it's free for all time, have some fun. However, if during this fun and games a new bug is discovered the fun stops until we can fully investigate/recreate the issue and document it.

* Do NOT post suggestions until you have become a veteran tester. There is nothing more annoying than seeing brand new testers asking a bunch of suggestions that have been discussed to death. BF2 is a very difficult mod platform and a lot of things take 'hacking' to make it work, so unless you can code it, don't suggest it. Use the regular forums suggestion board for your suggestions until you become a more experienced tester.

So, if you think you can help progress Project Reality and ensure the community gets the quality assurance they have come to expect from the PR team, please submit an application. One final note; Do not use pm's to send your application. Post only in this application system once. We don't need 80+ pm's jamming up my mailbox and if you do this it will only make us think you are not right for testing anyways

Thanks for reading and good luck!

If you wish to become a tester please fill out the relevant information in this format by copy and pasting the following into your post:
PHP Code:
[B][U]Personal Information[/U][/B]
[
B]In-Game Name:[/B]
[
B]Age:[/B]
[
B]Country:[/B]

[
B][U]Contact Information[/U][/B]
[
B]Email Address:[/B]
[
B]Xfire Messenger Handle:[/B]

[
B][U]Testing Information[/U][/B]
[
B]Internet Connection Speed:[/B]
[
B]How long have you played Project Reality?:[/B]
[
B]Previous Testing Experience:[/B]

[
B][U]Why should you be considered for a Tester position?[/U][/B

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Example
Personal Information
In-Game Name: B0btehbui1d3r

Contact Information
Email Address: bobthebuilder@hotmail.com
Xfire Messenger Handle: bobthebuilder

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 1mb
How long have you played Project Reality?: 1 week
Previous Testing Experience: Brick Building BF2 Mod for 1 month

Why should you be considered for a Tester position?
Because I like to build stuff.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
Old 2008-04-11, 19:04   #2
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to MAINERROR Send a message via MSN to MAINERROR

Personal Information
In-Game Name: MAINERROR ([PR]NATO|MAINERROR)

Contact Information
Email Address: elicho@gmx.at
Xfire Messenger Handle: mainerror

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 4096/512
How long have you played Project Reality?: since 0.5
Previous Testing Experience: Yep. I was a tester for the 0.6 patch and for the 0.7 release and patch and other BF2 related software.

Well I'm disciplined, skilled, active and very interested in helping the DEVs to fix bugs to make PR even better.

Hope to see you again in a testing-session.
Old 2008-04-11, 19:07   #3
Cp

Personal Information
In-Game Name: Cp20000

Contact Information
Email Address: I'd rather not say it here, but you can send me a e-mail through Here or I can PM it later.
Xfire Messenger Handle:Cp20000

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 12 mbits/s
How long have you played Project Reality?: for exacly 2 years in 4 days
Previous Testing Experience: 0.6 Open beta and various testing of self made modifications.

I have been wanting to give something back to the mod that has given so much to me for a while now, my model/coding/texturing skills are lacking so this would be the perfect way. I also have no life.

Old 2008-04-11, 19:07   #4
CodeC.Seven

Send a message via ICQ to CodeC.Seven Send a message via MSN to CodeC.Seven

Personal Information
In-Game Name: CodeC.Seven ([PR]NATO|Code.Seven)

Contact Information
Email Address: digital2k7@googlemail.com
Xfire Messenger Handle: Slays

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 16Mbit down 1,2 Mbit upload
How long have you played Project Reality?: since 0.5
Previous Testing Experience: Yes other games such like Command and Conquer, WoW etc..

im a good teamplayer i think and i really want to help out... I will report everything i notice etc...

-Sig removed-
Old 2008-04-11, 19:09   #5
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC

Personal Information
In-Game Name: [TF21] ReaperMAC

Contact Information
Email Address: ahdinh1@hotmail.com
Xfire Messenger Handle: boltslightsout

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 2565kbps/434kbps
How long have you played Project Reality?: Since v.32
Previous Testing Experience: v.6 Beta testing, v.7 testing, v.75 testing. I also have experience in testing for a Space-sim, twitched based-combat MMO.

Why should you be considered for a Tester position? I enjoy going through the test list and making sure everything works correctly. I often listen to the head hanchos, don't screw around until we are done. I am pretty active and hope to participate in more organized testing sessions. More importantly, I am mature . Hope to be back on the testing team once again.

PR Test Team: Serious Business
[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
Old 2008-04-11, 19:16   #6
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg

Personal Information
In-Game Name: MaxFragg

Contact Information
Email Address: maxfragg@gmail.com
Xfire Messenger Handle: none, create one if wished icq: 201802627

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 1000/256
How long have you played Project Reality?: since v0.4
Previous Testing Experience: TuneUp Utilitys, Windows Vista, created some private bf2 minimods

Because i will have plenty of time after the next month (final exams at school) and I know how basic bf2 modding works, how the filestructure is build and i will obey orders and know how to report bugs and i am a teamplayer.

hope to join your team to kick out all the bugs of PR 0.8

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Old 2008-04-11, 19:26   #7
mammikoura

Personal Information
In-Game Name: PR.FI mammikoura

Contact Information
Email Address: daemon_fin(a)hotmail.com
Xfire Messenger Handle: mammikoura

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 1mb
How long have you played Project Reality?: I've played every public release there has been. Active player since 0.32
Previous Testing Experience: pr 0.6 open beta. tester for pr 0.7 and 0.75. Age Of Conan technical beta

Just trying to do my best to make this awesome mod even better.

It is the soldier, not the priest, who protects freedom of religion; the soldier, not the journalist, who protects freedom of speech.
Old 2008-04-11, 19:28   #8
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Personal Information
In-Game Name: Cheomesh

Contact Information
Email Address: meversbergii@yahoo.com
Xfire Messenger Handle: meversbergii

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: ADSL
How long have you played Project Reality?: First started in .302.
Previous Testing Experience: Helped Fuzzhead a few times, did beta testing for Vanguard.

I play PR a lot, and have a fairly lose schedule. As of May 15th, I will be free every day all day until August. Currently, I only really have classes twice a week.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 2008-04-11, 19:29   #9
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

Personal Information
In-Game Name:Eddiereyes909

Contact Information
Email Address:eddiereyes909@att.net
Xfire Messenger Handle:eddiereyes909

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed:1mb
How long have you played Project Reality?:Since .6 beta's
Previous Testing Experience:.6 beta's, testing with [R-CON]CAS_117 and Zangoo on their private patch.

I love playing this mod. I think that having the opportunity to help you guys would be great. I will try my hardest to be a good tester.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Last edited by Eddiereyes909; 2008-04-11 at 20:09..
Old 2008-04-11, 19:41   #10
FeldwebelSchultz

Personal Information
In-Game Name: NATO.FeldwebelSchultz

Contact Information
Email Address: andreas . Nowotzin ÄT web.de
Xfire Messenger Handle: feldwebelschutz666

Testing Information
Internet Connection Speed: 300 kps
How long have you played Project Reality?:Since .6
Previous Testing Experience: Testing Textbasedgame Menouthis

I love playing this mod. and i will help the community to have a good mod!!!
Last edited by FeldwebelSchultz; 2008-04-11 at 19:54..
Closed Thread

Tags
applications, testing