project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
24 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2011-12-23, 01:47   #1
sr.bambino

Default Loading DDS Map Files

Heyo,

So I'm trying to get the map images. I can open DDS files with Photoshop, but the only thing close to what I'm looking for is the 'HUD' map, which is full of grid lines which convolute the image. I get this image from:

"vadso_city>client.zip>HUD>minimap>ingamemap.d ds"

I'm looking for the clean map, like the loading map. I try to open a PNG file in photoshop, but I get an error message "could no complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file".

File location:

"vadso_city>client.zip>info - any of the PNG's there

Also, where can I find the image files for the Factions' flags?

Anyone have any direction? I think the community would like to see these maps up, but w/out any grids or markers.
Last edited by sr.bambino; 2011-12-23 at 02:04..
Old 2011-12-23, 03:01   #2
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Loading DDS Map Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr.bambino View Post
Heyo,

So I'm trying to get the map images. I can open DDS files with Photoshop, but the only thing close to what I'm looking for is the 'HUD' map, which is full of grid lines which convolute the image. I get this image from:

"vadso_city>client.zip>HUD>minimap>ingamemap.d ds"

I'm looking for the clean map, like the loading map. I try to open a PNG file in photoshop, but I get an error message "could no complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file".

File location:

"vadso_city>client.zip>info - any of the PNG's there

Also, where can I find the image files for the Factions' flags?

Anyone have any direction? I think the community would like to see these maps up, but w/out any grids or markers.
The minimap without grid is only saved in the map's editor folder, which only the mapper will have on his computer. I honestly don't think the community has expressed an interest in seeing the minimaps without a grid. That is how it used to be and everyone wanted them with grids and keypads depicted. lol

What do you need them for anyway?

As for the files in the "info" folder, you can see all them here: http://realitymodfiles.com/ancient/097mapgallery/

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 03:56   #3
sr.bambino

Default Re: Loading DDS Map Files

Any insight on how to get the official image files for each factions' flags?

Well, people lately have been asking the PR devs to put all the maps up w/out the flags and what not. I just converted all of them from DDS to PNG and I'll be putting them up in the near future on the PRTA site.
sr.bambino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dds, files, loading, map