project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011-03-09, 04:05   #31
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Remove Or Update The Rifleman Anti-Personnel Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
PS - I agree the player should be able to pick the mines back up, although I don't know if that's actually possible in real life.
After checking a field manual I found online it seems quite possible, albeit more time consuming than placing it. However even if it's not 100% realistic, I think realism can sometimes be put aside for the sake of gameplay.

Last edited by Zrix; 2011-06-10 at 23:34..
Old 2011-03-09, 04:13   #32
Reddeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
PS - I agree the player should be able to pick the mines back up, although I don't know if that's actually possible in real life.
Considering its, generally, a command detonated device it makes no sense that you cant just pick one up, you don't have to pop open a shell and cut a wire or anything, obviously I am no expert in the situation but it makes logical sense that you can simply pick one up and the most you would have to do is deactivate it.

Ingame: # SuperBagel
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:41   #33
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
QFT... all parts.

The most effective AP mines I've placed have been in locations where I expect the enemy to travel... of course this is in insurgency as an insurgent. Otherwise with such an emphasis on the attack AP kits hjust lost their glory...
I've used them on Op Barracuda with some great success. But, that was in a defensive role. Good place on that map to use them is at the control tower at the airbase. Tripflare the doors, plant your claymores, and watch your map with the detenator in hand.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:56   #34
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

^why watch the map? do the trip flares now show up on the map?

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 03:03   #35
tntkid22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
^why watch the map? do the trip flares now show up on the map?
Map = no teamkills when you hear/see the tripflares go off.

tntkid22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 10:43   #36
Teh0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
It makes me wonder...would it be possible to code it similar to the rope so that the person deploying claymores can pick them up by pushing G?
Just like in BF2142. I don't think that soldiers blow their claymores when they are not needed.
Teh0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:11   #37
-CAL ACO-

i don't think the kit needs to be removed if anything i think that the kit needs a broder niche because it's far to narrow as mentioned.
an honestly i can think of many newbie and tactical ways to literally seal off a building or boobie trap a base or area
for example, instead of setting a trap to keep enemies from entering a building, (especially on maps like beriut) instead stop enemies from leaving a building by claymoring door ways so that anyone trying to exit and check the perimeter will find them selves spontaneously-combusting. also this strategy keeps them moving out of an area, and it's actually easier to monitor than for a person inside a building.
-CAL ACO- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 00:54   #38
reozm

I don't think Rifleman AP is that useless.
On Ins today I put a bunch of tripflares and claymores together by entrances. I find that really useful since if I hear something go off I can just blow the claymore.
It's just that besides claymores there's nothing strictly anti-personnel used in the military.
reozm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 23:09   #39
hanadul44

give the AP a wrench for picking the Claymores up while moving. this makes the AP mobile
hanadul44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 16:36   #40
Tarranauha200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Remember that proximity triggered anti-personell mines are forbidden for many militaries. Excluding the US, Russia and China, though, if I recall correctly. But it'd be a bit unbalanced to give these three better equipment than the others for no apparent reason other than having a fancy new toy.

Does that kit have trip flares? If not, add those perhaps. In combination with claymores they'd be a compromise.

Or do something else about the equipment, but not the vBF2 claymores.

Well...if there would be big war like most conventional faction vs conventional faction fights in PR, I doupt if countries would go by these codes if breaking them would gain advantidge.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antipersonnel, kit, remove, rifleman, update