project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2010-05-18, 14:31   #31
gazzthompson

Default Re: PR guns are too hard to hit anything with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporazor View Post
I don't think that armies all over the world train their soldiers like this: ''Hey Private xxxxxx, remember to hold your weapon for 5 seconds before shooting, because otherwise you can't hit anything''.

IRL, I can pull up weapon and take quick aimed shots at distances way above 25 metres.
They dont, but they do teach you to wait for the aiming device your using to settle on the target.

Also, define "way over 25" ? how far exactly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Can this be removed, the unrealistic inaccuracy of proning then firing?
no thanks, im glad prone diving (which is highly unrealistic) has been eliminated.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 15:24   #32
iwillkillyouhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
I can hit all my targets fine, the further away they are the less chance I can COD4 WTF headshot, but if I'm patient I still have a good chance.

the .9 accuracy is perfect, for a balance of both realism and gameplay imo.
COD 4 WTF HEADSHOT XD XD XD lol

As my name shows....... I will kill y'all if you are screwing with me

PLAYING SINCE Project Reality v0.5 :P
iwillkillyouhun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 15:51   #33
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

The other day I was playing on Muttrah. On top of a building reloading my rifle when an AR comes up at me. Must have been only a few meters away and he opened up for 2 seconds on me while I finished reloading. and I killed with with one burst....

I should have died there. I think the "weapons are crap" complaint may be alot of the BF2 hitbox issues.
Last edited by SnipeHunt; 2010-05-18 at 15:57.. Reason: spell checker
Old 2010-05-19, 11:15   #34
Herbiie

Quote:
Read before you post.
I did read. I came to the conclusion that you were exaggerating because if you did wait 3 seconds between shots you would of hit your target - you were probably aiming off. So the simple conclusion is - you're a bad shot in PR. I was giving you some credit by thinking you were exaggerating rather than just being bad.

VaporRazor - not in a battle, with all of your equipment, you can't. Do you know what March and Shoot is? It's a kind of shooting, if you do it then you will understand PR's deviation more.

Get 21Lb of Equipment on, with your rifle (You can probably ignore the rifle if you're doing this in civvi street!), run for 2 miles, and then get down on the range and fire at the target. If you don't wait to control your breathing and get into a nice natural position, you will miss. Or, if you're me, forget to take your safety off D:

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:35   #35
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
I did read. I came to the conclusion that you were exaggerating because if you did wait 3 seconds between shots you would of hit your target - you were probably aiming off. So the simple conclusion is - you're a bad shot in PR. I was giving you some credit by thinking you were exaggerating rather than just being bad.
No I'm not exaggerating at all. There is something seriously wrong with the way weapons are handled in the game.

And if I'm bad, why did I get a instant headshot on a guy at 50m? Luck? Why is luck a factor in this game? Should I be able to sprint and headshot you with a sniper, a lucky shot of course, and be rewarded by you dying? I think not.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 16:20   #36
Dev1200

Quote:
If you want some kinda devitation caused by running, then add weapon sway and hold breath function.

Weapon sway is impossible.

Now, a hold breath function would be epic. Have it rely on your sprint meter for "Stamina" or something. Then you would "hold your breath" and deviation would be zeroed. Otherwise, accuracy would be reduced by 10%-20%. This way you still get precise shots, but you have to control breathing, like in real life.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 17:07   #37
gazzthompson

Quote:
If you want some kinda devitation caused by running, then add weapon sway and hold breath function.
The hole reason we have deviation is because sway (and most likely holding your breath) are not possible. Also 50m "quick" shooting in PR is possible if you wait about, 1 second.

Last edited by gazzthompson; 2010-05-19 at 17:13..
Old 2010-05-19, 17:14   #38
Herbiie

Quote:
And if I'm bad, why did I get a instant headshot on a guy at 50m? Luck? Why is luck a factor in this game? Should I be able to sprint and headshot you with a sniper, a lucky shot of course, and be rewarded by you dying? I think not.

So you can't hit anything but you get an instant headshot at 50m?

Also yes, if you are sprinting and you let off a random shot it should be able to hit something, the bullet goes somewhere, it would just be luck.

Luck takes a big part in real Warfare. It was luck when a Ghurka Rifleman's weapon jammed, and the Taliban terrorist about 10 foot away from him's AK-47 also jammed. True story, it happened on Operation: Mutay in 2006.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 14:15   #39
C. Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggger30-06 View Post
I was playing PR today a i relised that the guns are crap and you cant hit bad guys at all i wait 4sec between each shot and aim and the chest and no rounds hit them they go left,right,up or down. Its not that i a bad player i've play PR for 3 years and it only been this bad in 0.9 please fix the prob in 0.91 its unbearable.

Trigger
I haven't read this thread yet, but I saw it and it angered me. Project Reality has deviation, you adopt to the prone position you must wait a few seconds before accurately hitting your desired target. I can throw my self behind some cover, peak out take out my target with three rounds, its all about settling your self, I personally dont know the timings for deviation, I did see it in another thread though, I just shoot in their general direction until i can take an accurate shot within 3-8 seconds :P I've never counted.

C. Jones is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:16   #40
GeorgRavioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Jones View Post
Project Reality has deviation, you adopt to the prone position you must wait a few seconds before accurately hitting your desired target. I can throw my self behind some cover, peak out take out my target with three rounds, its all about settling your self, I personally dont know the timings for deviation, I did see it in another thread though, I just shoot in their general direction until i can take an accurate shot within 3-8 seconds :P I've never counted.
I completely agree. You can't just stop sprinting with 30 kilograms of equipment and expect to hit a target on the first shot unless you take about 2-4 seconds to let yourself concentrate. I do think (this is going back to another thread in suggestions i believe) that a small meter on the bottom of your screen that lets you know the deviation of your weapon would help a lot. I just got done playing a round in Operation Archer and I got into a firefight with a taliban at about 50 meters. I kept firing Auto at him, popping in and out of cover, until i realized it wouldnt work. I stayed in cover for about 3 seconds then hit the guy twice in the chest on semi.

GeorgRavioli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guns, hard, hit