project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
26 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-01-13, 01:24   #21
aperson444
Default Re: [Proposal] Korean people's Army Ground Forces

I have several ideas for maps. One of such is a battle on the coast of North Korea.. Of course there will be a battle on the DMZ, but his is different. It is mainly urban warfare, and takes place near a village called Ijin-dong.

It would be a mostly amphibious attack. Possibly USMC vs North Korea, or South Korea vs North Korea. The area itself is very nice. There are 2 nice bays where a carrier or a ship could stand. Across Anna Bay is a North Korean army base. This would mean that the area is more heavily guarded than if there as no base nearby. There is a missile base to the north near a lake called Pon-p'o. There are a few small farm villages.

The Situation: While USMC/South Korean forces are fighting intensely at the DMZ, North Korean Forces have prepared the launch of a tactical nuclear missile. They have threatened to launch the missile if the US and South Korean Forces do not withdraw. The USMC/South Korean Army has prepared an amphibious assault to eliminate military presence in the area so the missile cannot be launched.

North Korea would have some transport helicopters, APCs, MBTs, and Jeeps in the area. USMC would have attack helicopters and transport helicopters (and of course, boats).
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 05:32   #22
STORM-Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfire View Post
Oh... give them T-34s!
That would be epic! Could work as an IFV.
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:09   #23
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

weird i was just thinking about how cool it would be to have nk in pr today. alot of what you can use is already in game. nk has lots i mean lots of older soviet tanks, like t-55 and t-62s. a re-skin of the t62 would probably work great. same for the brdm, just re-skin it, give it to the nks. you might be able to borrow some bmp1 or bmp2 models from the desert conflict or USI mod, and re-skin them. i would give them the AKs that the insurgents and militia use, every pic ive seen of nk soldiers, they seem to just be carrying generic wood stock AKs. also we already have pks, and rpks, rpg7s, sa7s, svds, etc. as far as weapons go, you may not have to create anything.

ive always heard that north korea has a huge numerical advantage in armor, but its very old obsolete stuff. if making maps in pr this should also be the case, nk gets lots of tanks, but they can be easily destroyed by the smaller amount of US tanks.

i think this biggest challenge in making this faction will be the soldier models. i cant think of any models that are already available that would fit. the PLA model cant be used, its too modern with the helmet and body armor. nk soldiers use old soviet style helmets and are too poor for body armor. they have really plain olive uniforms. and finding pics of them isnt easy.

ughh god i wish i could master 3d studio id be the first one to volunteer to help this project

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:27   #24
matty
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to matty

If anyone wants to help me with this or the RoK force PM me

matty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:55   #25
aperson444

I think that T-62s should be for maps that are very large (like US vs. NK). The T-55 should be for smaller scale maps. Basically NK should have a HUGE number of tanks, to counter the advanced technology of the other tanks.
Old 2009-01-14, 00:23   #26
162eRI

Can we get help from BF:Korea ? They do have a T-34!
Old 2009-01-14, 00:30   #27
steve_06-07

There is a BTR-60 and T-62 in PR that you could use, the T-62 is currently used by the Militia and the BTR-60 is being used by the Russian faction until they get the BTR-80. I know a guy in South Korea, if you need a voice I might ask him.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic21893_1.gif
steve_06-07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:49   #28
Panzerfire

Send a message via MSN to Panzerfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 162eRI View Post
Can we get help from BF:Korea ? They do have a T-34!
LOL!!! T-34s VS M1A2 abrams and K2 MBTs
That would be just plain rape. XD

USMCMIDN: KILL EVERYTHING!
gx: KILL! KILL! KILL 'EM ALL!!
[R-DEV]Dunehunter: Great attitude for hearts and minds
Panzerfire is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 01:08   #29
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
i think this biggest challenge in making this faction will be the soldier models. i cant think of any models that are already available that would fit. the PLA model cant be used, its too modern with the helmet and body armor. nk soldiers use old soviet style helmets and are too poor for body armor. they have really plain olive uniforms. and finding pics of them isnt easy.
Reskin the PLA light model, and make new geometries?

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 02:45   #30
aperson444

Perfect. I will also go to BF2 Korea and ask for a T62 tank, and perhaps some models of other NK vehicles. Ask me if you need any (I'm new to community modding, so someone tell me what i do with the models).

Looking at BF2 Korea, it seems like there are A LOT of vehicles and weapons available. Some of you might have go there and get your own, i will try to get a bunch more (Note: Try).

Tags
army, faction, forces, ground, korean, people, proposal