project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-08-22, 01:52   #281
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson
Default Re: [Proposal] PLAN Marines

Right, It seems I'll be taking the Regins on this horse. Try to get all assets we can and get the ball rolling. Texture wise I'll see who we can contact. Right now I am working on making the IFV with adding the 105 mm Cannon. So at least we will have 1 APC good to go.

Textures is the only issue. But I need to get a working concept and get the Good to go by DEVs. Then we can Really Get the moving

Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 14:00   #282
Jonny

Any chance of us getting a texture artist around here?

We have a lot of work for any volunteers, we have to reskin pretty much every ME building to make them all fit into Hughjass's Hainan map, we might eventually have a load of vehicles to skin if motherdear starts work on them, and I could also do with a texture atrist's help.

Any volunteers?
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 15:17   #283
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Reskin statics?

If so that would mean that you have to reexport every one of these statics as they have new UVs, which is quite a lot if nearly every static has to be 'dublicated', in that case new statics would be prefered as the dublicated ones take up hdd and mem space anyway...
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 15:37   #284
Jonny

I dont mean use different pallets for them, I mean re-make the pallets they already have, changing arabic writing to chinese characters for example. Maybe re-texture is the right term for it?
Old 2009-09-06, 15:53   #285
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

I see, nevermind then
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 12:49   #286
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I dont mean use different pallets for them, I mean re-make the pallets they already have, changing arabic writing to chinese characters for example. Maybe re-texture is the right term for it?
there is already "_woodland" versions of the ME city textures which where made for sunset city that have turned the ME text to chinese, changed the colours a little etc. In the editor go "Render>Custom Texture Mode>Woodland" and you will see the difference.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 13:03   #287
Jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
there is already "_woodland" versions of the ME city textures which where made for sunset city that have turned the ME text to chinese, changed the colours a little etc. In the editor go "Render>Custom Texture Mode>Woodland" and you will see the difference.
We also need to make the colours a lot brighter. We want a texture artist to make sure it looks right, and to change the crack and detail layers if they need to be changed.
Old 2009-09-07, 13:36   #288
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
We also need to make the colours a lot brighter. We want a texture artist to make sure it looks right, and to change the crack and detail layers if they need to be changed.
changing colours etc can have a huge knock on effect to many buildings. Say there is a yellowish texture in there for example, and on some statics that yellowish texture is maybe used for a yellow and black stripe warning tape or w/e, like so: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_2...6720oaU0EP.jpg

If you then change that to green then that would be green and black which would look silly

Thou most of the time you should be ok with small changes thou watch what the changes are on all the buildings and there LODs since DICE didn't always use the same textures for there LODs as there main mesh for some very odd reason so you could have a building looking green up close but then might have it going yellow when it switches to its LOD

But to change a colour and make them brighter, any one with even a tiny little bit of experience with photoshop can do that pretty well. All you need to do is select the area of texture you want to edit (probably best to crate a new layer off of it too) then use the colour balance, brightness and contrast tools etc to change it a little.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 14:13   #289
Jonny

Which is why we need a texture artist, or someone who isn't busy with other things.

ATM, Hugh is mapping, Motherdear is modeling vehicles, Wilkinson is trying to get everything together, and I am helping hugh out with the map.

We dont really have anyone with the time to retexture all the buildings.

Tags
faction, marines, plan, proposal