project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-11-24, 09:08   #51
DogACTUAL

Default Re: State of AA

Seeing as no DEV for the time being is willing to step up and fix AA/flares (which is totally fine because they are not being payed for their efforts), i think what many suggested, a rollback to a previous system, is really justified.
I mean the improvements in missile 'tick rate' that led to this, is from a technical standpoint a step in the right direction, but only if the rest of the system gets adjusted as well to fix the current issue. So long as that is not the case, the AA/flare system will remain utterly broken.

Like a previous poster said, if this was an issue that affected infantry or ground asset gameplay, the issue would have been dealt with a long time ago, like was the case with the slip and slide turrets and infantry weapon damage changes. But since CAS is such a small niche, there isn't that much noise generated when compared to those other issues.

Even though from an objective standpoint the current flare/AA issue is much worse than any of the other more public issues ever were. It is really funny to see so many people that only play ground combat complain about so many small things that seem laughable in comparison to AA/flare issue. But then the same people, that barely or never touch CAS start lecturing CAS players about how entitled we are.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 10:43   #52
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
But since CAS is such a small niche, there isn't that much noise generated when compared to those other issues.
The only issue that generated more noise was new weapon damage system by Zwilling.

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 11:35   #53
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
The only issue that generated more noise was new weapon damage system by Zwilling.
Yeah but things were better in a previous system in a previous version that I've never played.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 13:54   #54
DogACTUAL

My friend, i am not even talking about pre 1.0 (even though technically i played the game in that era for a few days on my shitty laptop). Even the AA system 0.2 versions ago was far more balanced for both sides than this mess. Stop derailing with your strawman crap please.
Old 2018-11-24, 17:15   #55
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
Or the turret intertia thread that reached 10 pages in a couple days.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 09:19   #56
DogACTUAL

Which i already mentioned in my original post as well, but these bots are too lazy to read it properly.
Old 2018-11-25, 14:47   #57
DogACTUAL

Guess apart from some jabs nobody here has the answers we are looking for.
Old 2018-11-25, 16:12   #58
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

DogACTUAL your so doing my head in... One minute you're saying you love the new AA system because you can exploit it, the next minute your complaining about the same things over and over again even thou we have given you many answers in many different topics, like this one back in September which again, was in direct response to you even:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho....php?p=2191939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
I won't say much on this issue now but what I will say is that in basic principle, we agree with you that the "higher tick rate" has made things overall worse for the missiles than before but that isn't to say that we should just totally revert it. I think that there might be some happy medium between what we have now and before. Post v1.6 I hope we can try to address this and some other issues in PR but now is simply not the time.
And to expand on that a little more on that just to make you happy, this is not a simple issue to fix overnight by just hitting a "revert" button, this is something that will need a lot of work put into it and require a lot of code to be changed and updated from its current state, since doing a "revert" as you keep on suggesting would break more things than it would fix and would cost more time overall, although at least then your anger would go towards the testers for "not doing their job" as you love to say and not us
Right now the focus is PR:WW2 and that is what our coders are tied up with. Once that is out of the way then we can look at fixing this issue properly and until then, you should maybe try playing other roles in the game and you may find you like them even.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 21:37   #59
DogACTUAL

1. Did you ever hear about sarcasm? Why do i have to spell it out, it is so sad. I mean it is true that the AA system can be exploited, but doing that is not really the gameplay i play for (although right now it is the only action left once a missle is incoming) and i'd rather have a more reasonable system that is fair for both sides.

2. Your response from way back then was really appreciated by me, for whatever my opinion is worth.

3. Ok, nice that someone officially explained why a revert isn't feasable. Until now it was more like, 'yeah sorry guys we won't revert but we also won't fix it anytime soon'.

If i had to choose between either reverting or fixing the current system, i would also decide to fix the current system, since with all the 'improvements' that were done with the missile code that led to the issue, i also see a lot of potential for a new AA system that will be better than any other one we had before. Because technically the missile code thing was a step in the right direction when coupled with additional tweaks or additions of course.

Thanks, this are the kind of answers me and other CAS players have been looking for. Just some insight into what is going on, what the plans are and clarifications why certain things are done.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Old 2018-12-04, 16:42   #60
lakinen

greeting

There's no real flame on your screen, it's just magic

Last edited by lakinen; 2019-07-04 at 15:10.. Reason: Deleting

Tags
state