project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-03-23, 10:19   #1
[R-CON]​Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Default Automatic Rifles OP

because in deployed mode it have awesome accuracy, you can spam 40 bullets almost in point. IMO it should be nerfed cause ARs perform the functions of marksman also. If it would lose accuracy when shooting it may be more interesting.

Reply if it was suggested in DEV-team before
Chuva_RD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 12:07   #2
Jacksonez__

Default Re: Automatic Rifles OP

Add barrel change (PKM and mg3?) and overheating for AR and MG. Overheating should disable the weapon for good time. Some ARs are like automatic marksman rifles. It's ridiculous.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 12:34   #3
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuva_RD View Post
because in deployed mode it have awesome accuracy, you can spam 40 bullets almost in point. IMO it should be nerfed cause ARs perform the functions of marksman also. If it would lose accuracy when shooting it may be more interesting.

Reply if it was suggested in DEV-team before
You have not seen pre-nerfed AR.

It was literally better than sniper rifle.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 17:23   #4
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

I wouldn't mind upward recoil being added to the deployed mode to make long range shots less likely to hit, I don't think it was doable to increase deviation with the amount of shots being fired.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 18:41   #5
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Maybe a little less accuracy but muuuuuch better suppression (like, fire 5 round near window and the guy inside is shaking for solid 3 seconds).

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 22:09   #6
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Keep in mind that (light) machine guns are excellent ranged weapons (in terms of infantry combat) in real life too.

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 23:33   #7
fecht_niko
Banned

agree with Nate. would be an interesting change
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 05:09   #8
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
Maybe a little less accuracy but muuuuuch better suppression (like, fire 5 round near window and the guy inside is shaking for solid 3 seconds).
What's the point of higher artificial suppression on LMG if you can't kill enemies much more effectively than with standard rifles?

Suppression from LMG works because you can see/hear a stream of mostly-accurate bullets; it tells you that you will die if you keep running out in the open.
Not because of some arbitrary amount of time when screen is blurry...

If one round from LMG does much heavier suppression than standard rifle; then how it is balanced with 45(the worst)-200 rounds?
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 10:58   #9
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

don't touch it, it's not broken

it already has huge time to setlle deviation
SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 11:25   #10
Unarmed Civilian

SANGUE-RUIM, as someone who takes the AR and go solo around maps, exploiting the "standing with no place to deploy your AR but still firing in deployed mode", it does not surprise me that you don't want it to change.
(everybody does the deployed standing, but not everybody goes vanilla-solo with an AR)

I liked it more when it took sometime to adjust the sights, when the scope image was blurry and shaky. Better than current 5 seconds (or so) rule.
Unarmed Civilian is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, rifles