project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2013-03-02, 14:04   #41
Maj.Osama
Supporting Member

Default Re: HAT kits are too powerful and unrealistic

just imagine if the HAT kit make the enemy armor tracked or disabled , it will make more sense ..

IMO the abrams and the challenger shouldn't get killed by one hit ,unlike the T72 which is old and weak armor.
Maj.Osama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:38   #42
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemonster View Post
Everyone keeps mentioning realism without defining which aspect of their wish is the realistic aspect.. Just a note.

PS. Henrique, guided AT missiles are a real threat for attack helicopters, as are the main guns of tanks, and the cannon of APC's. In 'real life' obviously - I'm not necessarily saying the way PR represents this is realistic or intentional.
They may be a threat to helicopters, but when you're able to take down an A-10 using the ATGM from the BMP3 you just know something is wrong. The missiles are way too controllable, you can make 90? turns like you were driving an ice cream truck (But then again, i've never fired one, so i wouldn't know if that is how it is IRL). But aside from that, the damage of these ATGMs is pretty realistic, AFAIK a BGM-71E can penetrate almost 1 meter of RHA behind ERA thus making the tank's armor something that shouldn't even be taken into account when choosing a firing angle, as it would penetrate even the front armor of any modern tank.
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:48   #43
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Two is the inability for tank shells to penetrate most surfaces and hit back at threats behind cover.
Yeah, this is really annoying. Hmm, 125mm main gun shooting at you? No problem, hide behind this tiny wall that shouldn't even stop 7.62mm and you're fine.

Should make HE shells like in FH2 where they have a blast radius that kills through walls. Tanks would become a serious threat then instead of a minor annoyance like they are now.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 17:42   #44
Mikemonster

Henrique, agreed, in that case the maneuverability needs changing.

The ATGM's would be used against anything deemed worthy of deterrent though, but yeah, I can't see someone firing one at a plane doing a loop the loop! They are longer ranged than the main gun so I'd presume if you thought you had a chance of deterring something you'd give it a shot, so to speak (I'm thinking low flying helis and as mentioned a Hog coming head on, which is extremely unlikely all said)

Although anything flying low and within the range of a tank's main gun has committed a likely fatal error if it's for a prolonged period.. Certainly a calculated error.

Stealth, I believe that they couldn't implement your suggestion due to the explosion not taking into account different thicknesses of wall. I *think* the craic is that if the 'shell' exploded on the wall you were crouching behind it would kill you. But with a 10m radius it would also kill people 9m underground, behind another 8m of concrete, etc.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:32   #45
Murphy

If an A10 got ATGMed by a BMP that isn't a reason for rebalancing it's a reason for that pilot to never fly again.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 00:19   #46
40mmrain
Supporting Member

100 player server with 1 HAT/team, they'll have a much less substantial effect on the battlefield by 1.0 even if they still can shoot 1000m+
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 06:42   #47
cyberzomby

That will only apply on the one or two servers that manage to fill it up to a 100 tho
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 14:21   #48
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Reducing the HAT to 1 on each side is a good decision.
But even 1 HAT in the right hands can do such a big damage to vehicles.
For me the important part of the HAT is that it dont loose accuracy form crouch to stand.
So you can search a crouch/stand(shoot) position and you will win everytime because the tank has no chance to react.
And the HAT system hits everytime even not skilled players hit a standing target to 95%.

So wireguided Missles need some skill to hit. The HAT system in PR flys to fast and is pin point accurate.
It need to sway a little bit, and fly slower, so you need to stay still no crouch/standing, aim and fly the rocket in to the target and dont fire and forget.

A simpler way would be, that you only can shoot while you are prone. No other stand.

Here you can clearly see how it sways and how "slow" it flys. Not such a fast speed like in PR yet.

Last edited by ChallengerCC; 2013-03-06 at 14:44..
Old 2013-03-06, 17:01   #49
Mikemonster

You just cannot tell from a video how fast something like that is going, because of the way camera lenses work.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 17:22   #50
izoiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Osama View Post
just imagine if the HAT kit make the enemy armor tracked or disabled , it will make more sense ..

IMO the abrams and the challenger shouldn't get killed by one hit ,unlike the T72 which is old and weak armor.
72 has most equal to Abrams armor. Frontal reactive armor can be mounted on T72(even Suryan army use reactive armor).
So don't believe Discovery Channel, T72 is not easy to kill.
izoiva is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hat, kits, powerful, unrealistic