project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-11, 14:09   #41
BroCop

Default Re: [WIP] Syrian Community mod - need help

The only time multi mappers are useful is if ones PC is made mostly out of wood so someone else needs to LM it

Old 2012-09-11, 15:33   #42
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Multiple people working on the same map can work BUT, you first need an svn system setup and both mappers need to be in constant communication on what each other is doing, ie, one working on staticobjects where the other is working on painting down undergrowth or something, in order for there not to be any conflicts in their work and then for the mapper to only upload the files they know they have changed and revert the ones the editor has changed needlessly etc. The system also works well if only one mapper works on the map at a time, in different time zones so while one sleeps, the other works on it to avoid any conflicts, and once the other finishes they commit all their changes and leaves notes of what they have done, ready for the next person to take over.

With the latest tortoisesvn build it dose have a really good merging function for when it confronts conflicts but I'm not sure how well that's going to work for a massive staticobjects.con file if both mappers work on the statics at the same time, and things like terrain conflicts will not be possible for it to deal with.

But tbh this is quite advanced stuff we are talking here and I wouldn't advise it to anyone to do this without first a lot of experience of making maps and know how they work and what part of the editor affects what files etc.

Old 2012-09-11, 18:36   #43
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_MineralWouter View Post
also, spush mentioned that I shouldn't worry about the AKM. Is this a confirmation about the AKM coming to PR in 1.0?
I think you're correct, I must of miss read the file names XD, so you can continue work on your AKM. Was thinking of the AKMS one.

Last edited by Spush; 2012-09-11 at 18:44..
Old 2012-09-11, 19:07   #44
Alek-say

Send a message via ICQ to Alek-say

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
I think you're correct, I must of miss read the file names XD, so you can continue work on your AKM. Was thinking of the AKMS one.
So, will be AKM in PR 1.0? Instead of AK-47? Or what?

Old 2012-09-11, 19:24   #45
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alek-say View Post
So, will be AKM in PR 1.0? Instead of AK-47? Or what?
I think that AK47 don't have external differences,
so there is no need of adding almost same gun into PR,
also original AK47 is quite rare on today battlefield,
except Type 56 which is Chinese copy of original AK47,
everything other which we see on news are probably AKMs and its copies.
Old 2012-09-11, 19:30   #46
Alek-say

AKM is better than AK.
Also, it has compensator:

Old 2012-09-11, 19:31   #47
[R-DEV]​M42 Zwilling
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
I think that AK47 don't have external differences,
so there is no need of adding almost same gun into PR,
also original AK47 is quite rare on today battlefield,
except Type 56 which is Chinese copy of original AK47,
everything other which we see on news are probably AKMs and its copies.
Actually, there are several small differences between the AK-47 and AKM. I think the most noticeable one is the slanted muzzle brake designed to reduce muzzle rise that was fitted to most AKMs.

EDIT: Wow, ninja-ed twice in one day.
Old 2012-09-11, 19:57   #48
simeon5541

That thing is removable so it is not real difference . . .
Old 2012-09-11, 20:04   #49
Alek-say

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
That thing is removable so it is not real difference . . .
Look at this:
Quote:
Compared to the AK-47, the AKM features detail improvements and enhancements that optimized the rifle for mass production; some parts and assemblies were conceived using simplified manufacturing methods. Notably, the AK-47's milled steel receiver was replaced by a U-shaped steel stamping. As a result of these modifications, the AKM?s weight was reduced by approx. 1 kg (2.2 lb), the accuracy during automatic fire was increased and several reliability issues were addressed. The AK-47's chrome-lined barrel was retained, a common feature of Soviet weapons which resists wear and corrosion, particularly under harsh field conditions and near-universal Eastern Bloc use of corrosive primed ammunition.
The AKM?s receiver, compared to the AK-47, has a stamped sheet metal housing to which a rear stock trunnion and forward barrel trunnion are fastened using rivets. The receiver housing also features a rigid tubular cross-section support that adds structural strength. Guide rails that assist the bolt carrier?s movement which also incorporates the ejector are installed inside the receiver through spot welding. As a weight-saving measure, the stamped receiver cover is of thinner gauge metal than that of the AK-47. In order to maintain strength and durability it employs both longitudinal and latitudinal reinforcing ribs.
AKM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 2012-09-11, 20:27   #50
simeon5541

Like I said,no real external differences,so there is no need
for AKM model,much better solution would be model of Type 56,
it is really common in Syrian Army and it have some external differences
comparing to AK-47 or AKM.
Closed Thread

Tags
community, mod, syrian, wip