project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
22 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2016-10-12, 12:03   #51
Pronck
Supporting Member

Pronck's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

I am honored to read that I participated in campaign 8.5 . However this is not correct. I only participated in campaign C10 for a part.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-12, 12:25   #52
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Lol, omg, one of those, well, I am so sorry Pronck, hope you will accept my apology.

Now I know what went wrong. Sometimes in the heat of searching for players having 1) played in a specific campaign and 2) still being active, tunnel vision sets in.

Quote:
Pronck
September 16th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Hello my name is Pronk...I am playing Project Reality since .85 (Karbala release)...
My eyes simply found a 85 and then my old brain concluded Bonus! someone I can ask. PM send.

So sorry again.

Cheers

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 07:10   #53
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I'm not saying anything because I do not know/remember.

Here's a thought for you though: If a CO is LOA for the last 2-3 battles (1.5 month) does that count as he completed it?
Okay, I went through this one, once again, in order to find public validation, and I forgot I already found it, here:

PRT Campaign 10 - Final Sitrep #13 - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT - Project Reality Tournament Forums

When the administration mention no other than the CO in question, it means he was the appointed commander from start to end. Conclusively, unless the administration forgot to mention another appointed CO, then this commander completed the full campaign.

Should there had been an internal deal with an XO/2iC/HCO or similar, while the CO in question, may have been LOA, then this has to do with style of commanding.

If anyone disagree, then please post accordingly.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 23:38   #54
H1tman

H1tman's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to H1tman
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Hmmmmm.. Let me go through some of my old stuff and try and dig up info for you. I played from C1 through part way through C7 when the team was banned. My self and Kravixon took over for Mavrick in the middle of C3 or C4 cant remember. I Commanded both C5 and C6 and into C7 until Cata 1 was banned. I need to talk to a couple guys and see about dates and if they have more info then me. As i find more info ill update this post.
H1tman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 23:13   #55
PFunk

PFunk's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

I'm answering your PM here Michael so that any errors I make can be corrected by someone who knows better.

My time as CO began with C8. I was originally going to only be an HCO but was made CO before C8 began. I directly commanded NATO Bravo in C8 and Charlie in C9. Eddiereyes started out C8 as the SCO of NATO but partway through if I recall correctly Colonelcool ended up being promoted briefly to this post when Eddie made his departure and then I'm pretty sure I ended up taking the role of SCO for the remainder of C8 as well. Jiggy left at some point from Alpha command.

For C9 I was SCO of NATO and CO for Charlie throughout. Eddiereyes created the SCO/CO structure for NATO in C8 specifically so he could remain in the tournament despite his busy schedule but his tenure during C8 didn't last long. I'm not sure, maybe this was the first SCO who wasn't a battle commander. By C9 he was an admin but didn't remain in that role past that campaign.

I also recall that Smeg a few times commanded battles in C7 instead of Eddie but this was a strategic decision, not because of absence if I recall correctly. That was a long time ago though so my memory could be tricking me. In terms of rosters and stuff I had all my files lost to a dead hard drive but I still have it somewhere so maybe the files can be recovered. I tended to do all the personnel crap so I had way too much familiarity with the names under me, even across two teams.

Maybe I can recover some nice files one day for this project. I must admit I didn't even remember we changed our name to NATO Charlie from Bravo until I started reading this thread. Then I realized how long its been. 6 years since those crazy days. I could be convinced of facts that aren't facts.

I also think Casualty was the SCO during C7 for NATO (THINK) or he was the senior commander to Eddie or something. He was definitely commander for C7 to NATO 1 and he was an SL during one of my campaigns and commanded for me on a round of Archer when I had to leave early. He did a splendid job btw for a guy who hadn't been in the hot seat for a while. I could probably start pulling a list of names out of a hat but can't be sure when they were involved.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline
Last edited by PFunk; 2016-10-15 at 23:25..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 08:47   #56
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tman View Post
Hmmmmm.. Let me go through some of my old stuff and try and dig up info for you. I played from C1 through part way through C7 when the team was banned. My self and Kravixon took over for Mavrick in the middle of C3 or C4 cant remember. I Commanded both C5 and C6 and into C7 until Cata 1 was banned. I need to talk to a couple guys and see about dates and if they have more info then me. As i find more info ill update this post.
Hi H1tman

Thank you for responding. So few CO players left from the start of the tournament.

I deploy all draft information in post 8. Anything not correct, please let me know.

Okay, I have a lot of questions still.

Campaign 7
The starting CATA 1 SCO was you?

Campaign 6
You was the CATA SCO for both CATA teams right? Because I found a PM about a meeting between you and me and an admin on that topic, it says you are to become the SCO for both CATA teams, that I according to the PM had some issues with?

Campaign 5
Do you recall who commanded the NATO teams?

Campaign 3
MAVRICK seem to have been the starting PELA CO, because both you and PM sources talk about him in that position. At some point around mid campaign he gets replaced with either you or Kravixon as CO and 2iC or did one of you replace the other too?

Campaign 2
Do you recall who commanded the ASOG team? it seems Wraith was the starting ASOG CO, replaced by MAVRICK?

Campaign 1
Who commanded the EJOD team? it seems MAVRICK replaced another CO player, who was perceived as a great tactical player by the community, just dont have his name yet?

In regard to the campaigns from 1 to 4, how many battles did they include?

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-16 at 15:08..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 23:02   #57
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Web_cole's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Web_cole
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Campaign 8.5: 6 to 8 battles? basically a very compressed two month campaign in the spring of 2010 (sounds stressful)
Why are there almost no data on campaign 8.5? Was it run without selected teams in advance?
So here is what I remember about C8.5

It should have started roughly in May of 2010. The reason I have inferred that is because there was some kind of forum glitch/screw up where a number of people (including myself) had their accounts deleted and had to recreate them for the start of C8.5. For instance: Murkey, Soban and myself all have forum account creation dates of May 10th 2010, but definitely participated in the tournament prior to that.

I believe it was scaled down in the case of the team numbers, essentially it should have been halfed as I think there was only one NATO team and one CATA team. P*Funk remained as the SCO of NATO, I believe Orthas took over as the SCO of CATA at this time. A number of clan players and CATA players from C8 switched for balancing, including AgentMongoose and L4gi (as I think we've established elsewhere in this thread).

The admin team at the time picked the maps to be played, which was the source of a great deal of e-drama.

I recall playing Yamalia, where CATA rushed and set up on our 2nd capable flag in choppers while NATO was still waiting to spawn in via the paraspawn, as it was then.

I also remember playing Beirut, which was the closest NATO came to winning a match in C8.5 when we grayed CATAs last flag but failed to capture it and thus lost.

We also played Siege at Ochamchira, and from Murkey's C8.5 montage Qwai, Muttrah and Quinling for a presumed total of 6 battles.

C8.5 was plagued by a considerable amount of e-drama (even by PRT standards) and as I recall cut short.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 06:44   #58
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk View Post
I'm answering your PM here Michael so that any errors I make can be corrected by someone who knows better.

My time as CO began with C8. I was originally going to only be an HCO but was made CO before C8 began. I directly commanded NATO Bravo in C8 and Charlie in C9. Eddiereyes started out C8 as the SCO of NATO but partway through if I recall correctly Colonelcool ended up being promoted briefly to this post when Eddie made his departure and then I'm pretty sure I ended up taking the role of SCO for the remainder of C8 as well. Jiggy left at some point from Alpha command.

For C9 I was SCO of NATO and CO for Charlie throughout. Eddiereyes created the SCO/CO structure for NATO in C8 specifically so he could remain in the tournament despite his busy schedule but his tenure during C8 didn't last long. I'm not sure, maybe this was the first SCO who wasn't a battle commander. By C9 he was an admin but didn't remain in that role past that campaign.

I also recall that Smeg a few times commanded battles in C7 instead of Eddie but this was a strategic decision, not because of absence if I recall correctly. That was a long time ago though so my memory could be tricking me. In terms of rosters and stuff I had all my files lost to a dead hard drive but I still have it somewhere so maybe the files can be recovered. I tended to do all the personnel crap so I had way too much familiarity with the names under me, even across two teams.

Maybe I can recover some nice files one day for this project. I must admit I didn't even remember we changed our name to NATO Charlie from Bravo until I started reading this thread. Then I realized how long its been. 6 years since those crazy days. I could be convinced of facts that aren't facts.

I also think Casualty was the SCO during C7 for NATO (THINK) or he was the senior commander to Eddie or something. He was definitely commander for C7 to NATO 1 and he was an SL during one of my campaigns and commanded for me on a round of Archer when I had to leave early. He did a splendid job btw for a guy who hadn't been in the hot seat for a while. I could probably start pulling a list of names out of a hat but can't be sure when they were involved.
Why was that by the way, the change from NATO Bravo to NATO Charlie, if you recall?

Anyhow, thank you PFunk, this is great stuff for both C8 and C9, clear up some of the confusion, and maybe others will get a memory boost out of reading your account? Thanks for posting here too, instead of sending a PM, those PMs are starting to be difficult to remember.

In regard to Casualty, yes, he became NATO SCO in C7, after Alex L. promoted Grayknight to Tournament Lead. Questions are:

1. did Casualty stay as NATO SCO for the remainder of campaign 7?
2. was Grayknight not the tactical NATO CO in C7, before he went NATO SCO?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
So here is what I remember about C8.5

It should have started roughly in May of 2010. The reason I have inferred that is because there was some kind of forum glitch/screw up where a number of people (including myself) had their accounts deleted and had to recreate them for the start of C8.5. For instance: Murkey, Soban and myself all have forum account creation dates of May 10th 2010, but definitely participated in the tournament prior to that.

I believe it was scaled down in the case of the team numbers, essentially it should have been halfed as I think there was only one NATO team and one CATA team. P*Funk remained as the SCO of NATO, I believe Orthas took over as the SCO of CATA at this time. A number of clan players and CATA players from C8 switched for balancing, including AgentMongoose and L4gi (as I think we've established elsewhere in this thread).

The admin team at the time picked the maps to be played, which was the source of a great deal of e-drama.

I recall playing Yamalia, where CATA rushed and set up on our 2nd capable flag in choppers while NATO was still waiting to spawn in via the paraspawn, as it was then.

I also remember playing Beirut, which was the closest NATO came to winning a match in C8.5 when we grayed CATAs last flag but failed to capture it and thus lost.

We also played Siege at Ochamchira, and from Murkey's C8.5 montage Qwai, Muttrah and Quinling for a presumed total of 6 battles.

C8.5 was plagued by a considerable amount of e-drama (even by PRT standards) and as I recall cut short.
Yep, something clearly happened with the T forum at some point. Also the emotional drama, I got that message from another old source, back in 2008 too, about really bad chemistry between NATO and CATA, NATO and the admins and CATA and the admins, so yeah, probably why so few wanna talk about that campaign, or might even have decided to forget all about it?

Anyhow, listing names:
  • P*Funk remained as the SCO of NATO in C8.5
  • Orthas SCO for CATA in C8.5
  • AgentMongoose and L4gi switching teams in C8.5

Yes, it more and more seems as C6, C7 and C8 + C8.5 have been pretty loaded with emotional drama. Because those are the campaigns where we see this long list of names, indicating a chaotic situation, loaded with replacements and frustrations.

Question: Why would the tournament administration not provide a ribbon for Campaign 8.5?, or at least mention it on the history page?

Grayknight was in charge of the tournament at the point of 8.5?

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-17 at 07:14..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 13:11   #59
Woolfson

Woolfson's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Woolfson
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

I'm really pleased to see some old fellow soldiers once again. Thanks Michael for awakening us from carbon chamber!

Last night I look through the old data I have saved from that time and regarding PRT 8 ~ PRT 8.5. To my knowledge C8.5 was the only one tournament which didn't finished?!? Right?, I can't remember now the exact reason, although I can confirm that there was some/huge drama regarding long years of clans playing in same teams which result in uneven sides of players. CATA 1 was banned durin C7 (and the name of team also), because of fight with T-ADM in that time. On the other hand, creating mini tournament (C8.5) it could be something related with release of PR v0.9 in that time also? That is why, Michael, you can?t find separate data for those two campaign.

I also used Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) for digging data and these are the facts:
PRTC 8.5 last 8 weeks, 8 battles, with 2 teams only. Just quick tourney, every Saturday we had a battle, less trainings just fun, maybe that was the reason that we didn't got distinct tournament ribbons.

Back at C8

Aug 08, 2009 - NATO started with Eddiereyes909 as their SCO and CATA had that honor to have Aquiller in SCO boots once again.


Afvalbak - CATA2 CO, CATA SCO later on
Orthas - started as CATA 2 GSO, than CATA 2 CO (later in miniC 8.5 he was CATA2 SCO)
L4gi - (from NATO in C7, then CATA 3 CO) - from Dec 02, 2009 CATA SCO


These are for sure since in that time I was making signatures for guys above, and I have saved in chronology time? I?ll double check tonight and post the exact dates of them?

Regarding NATO. With waybackmachines I got this pictures from members present:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st22082009.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st27082009.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st28082009.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st09092009.png

That means:
casualtyUR - NATO Alpha/Bravo HCO
Scot (aka Col.Scot) - NATO2 HCO (on Aug 27, 2009, was in role of NATO CO ?!? 2nd link
P*Funk - NATO Bravo CO C8, later in campaign NATO SCO
Jigsaw - NATO Alpha CO C8
cfschris - NATO Alpha/Bravo CO C8
Swordfish - NATO2 HCO C8?



Woolfson is offline
Last edited by Woolfson; 2016-10-18 at 13:37..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 15:50   #60
Michael_Denmark

Michael_Denmark's Avatar
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolfson View Post
I'm really pleased to see some old fellow soldiers once again. Thanks Michael for awakening us from carbon chamber!

Last night I look through the old data I have saved from that time and regarding PRT 8 ~ PRT 8.5. To my knowledge C8.5 was the only one tournament which didn't finished?!? Right?, I can't remember now the exact reason, although I can confirm that there was some/huge drama regarding long years of clans playing in same teams which result in uneven sides of players. CATA 1 was banned durin C7 (and the name of team also), because of fight with T-ADM in that time. On the other hand, creating mini tournament (C8.5) it could be something related with release of PR v0.9 in that time also? That is why, Michael, you can?t find separate data for those two campaign.
It could very well be it did not finish, since there is no battle result posted from battle 7? Web_coles statement may proof correct when he says it was 6 battles, meaning something happened here too perhaps? Or maybe one team won too many battles? Could be so also, the other side loosing the fun factor?

Quote:
I also used Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) for digging data and these are the factsPRTC 8.5 last 8 weeks, 8 battles, with 2 teams only. Just quick tourney, every Saturday we had a battle, less trainings just fun, maybe that was the reason that we didn't got distinct tournament ribbons.
Both Orthas and Pfunk are highlighted in the usual CATA/NATO colors, in the player list, on the right side of the screen. This support the information of them playing as SCO players in C8.5. So the structure with SCO and CO was used here too, or was it also those two who filled out the function as CO players as well?

Quote:
Back at C8

Aug 08, 2009 - NATO started with Eddiereyes909 as their SCO and CATA had that honor to have Aquiller in SCO boots once again.
Both Eddie and Aquiller as starting SCOs, right, got that covered now.

Quote:
Afvalbak - CATA2 CO, CATA SCO later on
Orthas - started as CATA 2 GSO, than CATA 2 CO (later in miniC 8.5 he was CATA2 SCO)
L4gi - (from NATO in C7, then CATA 3 CO) - from Dec 02, 2009 CATA SCO


These are for sure since in that time I was making signatures for guys above, and I have saved in chronology time? I?ll double check tonight and post the exact dates of them?
Yep we need the dates too.
Okay, so this is new to me, or perhaps all these names make me a bit confused, but Afvalbak did not complete C8 then, as CATA2 CO.

Quote:
Regarding NATO. With waybackmachines I got this pictures from members present:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st22082009.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st27082009.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st28082009.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...st09092009.png

That means:
casualtyUR - NATO Alpha/Bravo HCO
Scot (aka Col.Scot) - NATO2 HCO (on Aug 27, 2009, was in role of NATO CO ?!? 2nd link
P*Funk - NATO Bravo CO C8, later in campaign NATO SCO
Jigsaw - NATO Alpha CO C8
cfschris - NATO Alpha/Bravo CO C8
Swordfish - NATO2 HCO C8?
Right, and a new name also, cfschris - NATO CO in C8, good stuff, have not heard about him before. Change certainly deployed it self in the tourney dynamic - back in the days.

Thank you again Woolfson, I appreciate it a lot.

The web tool you referred to, just used it and instantly found people from campaign 2; ASOG TEAM Maverick, H1tman and Kravixon. Back then the CO was apparently named the CMDR, check it out, we just got the ASOG CMDR digged out, good stuff too.

So the following snapshots are from 2006
Project Reality Tournament Forums - Powered by vBulletin

omg and another goodie:
http://web.archive.org/web/200603211...ealitymod.com/

The tournament did not highlight officers, forum wise, during campaign 1, but we can read that UK Force was CMDR for the ARRC Team, and that we probably also found the god player having commanded the EJOD team, namely a CMDR. DEADMON5811.

Bingo, we got some of them now - lol! no, not good enough - super lol! finally a break through with the old campaigns...thanks again Woolfson.

And the data keep rolling in; NAFR CMDR campaign 3, is Hitperson while the first PELA CMDR is Solitas, aha!
http://web.archive.org/web/200611042...ealitymod.com/

Then we get Deg.0 as the RFAD CO, in campaign 4, and from now on commanders are no longer named CMDR in the forums.
http://web.archive.org/web/200612101...ealitymod.com/

Still campaign 4, aha!, Hitperson is ARRC commander. Here we both see Deg and Hitperson in the same snapshot
http://web.archive.org/web/200612090...ealitymod.com/

HOLY HANDGRENADE - here we have a snapshoot of ME lol, in campaign 4, I did not know they actually enrolled me onto the team, see I left the team again, pretty fast, after a sense that the tournament was not serious enough for me lol, my god I was arrogant back then, lol, and here I am 10 years after still stuck to it lol
http://web.archive.org/web/200612200...ealitymod.com/

That was what I found from the first skim through of those 2006 snapshots.

February 18th 2007
We see that Hitperson is still in command of the ARRC and campaign is announced, so campaign 4 probably over?
http://web.archive.org/web/200702181...ealitymod.com/

April 3rd 2007
Yours truly as the PELA CO

And then we get the BINGO shot
April 29th 2007
The first four teams ever in the tournament, represented with all the starting commanders, meaning we finally have Casualty nailed as the USEF CO and Nightwolf as the starting BCST CO! Bingo Time!
http://web.archive.org/web/200704292...ealitymod.com/

Woolfson, you have just been promoted to Uber Carbon Chamber Commander! this was very needed data and we also get an impression on how much the tournament as a structure has scaled up. This, I think, could be a reason why we get all the problems later on, a structure not having enough players available, for more than one campaign. But - I fully supported the idea and still do today, because the interest in the tournament was big in those days. Would have been stupid not to enlarge.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-18 at 16:35..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
amount, commander, players, project, reality, tournament
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:26.