project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Feb 2023, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-09-28, 05:22   #1
Snazz
Supporting Member

Default Games.on.net PR Review

This review was posted a few days ago over at Games.on.net, some of the devs have already responded to it but I thought better late than never to show everyone else.

Quote:
Welcome to Mod Squad, where we help you discover new and brilliant gaming experiences that won't cost you a dime. This week we've locked our sights on a behemoth of a mod, Project Reality for BF2. Turning the run and gun gameplay of BF2 into a hardcore simulation that makes ARMA2 look easy, Project Reality is a must-have for any serious shooter fan or modern military nut. Just be warned - Johnny Rambos aren't welcome around here...
Full review: Games On Net :: Reviews: The Mod Squad - Project Reality Review

They also did a review on FH2: Games On Net :: Reviews: The Mod Squad - Forgotten Hope 2 Review
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 06:00   #2
FuzzySquirrel

Default Re: Games.on.net PR Review

Nice

Quote:
Just when you’re within a grenade’s throw of the objective, the crack of an unseen sniper’s bullet sends you hurtling back to the spawn screen, where you’ll stare at a black screen for another thirty seconds. It’s very frustrating if you’re not accustomed to it, and definitely not recommended for those with the attention span of a goldfish.
Lol

Quote:
Some might argue that they’ve gone a little too far though, making the learning curve for PR feel more like a learning cliff. To this we answer, RTFM... all 38 pages of it. This game is not Call of Duty. You can’t just jump in and figure it out on your own. It’s much more like ARMA2..
That review is really well composed.

FuzzySquirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:25   #3
NyteMyre

Quote:
As the version number of the existing mod indicates (0.87), this mod hasn’t reached a state where the developers are comfortable to call it a final release. While it’s definitely extremely playable, there are still a few areas that need some TLC; some weapons are missing animations, while glitches in some of the new gameplay mechanics rear their ugly head on the odd occasion. Don’t let these put you off trying the mod though, and we’re very confident these kinks will be ironed out by the time it hits v1.0.
orly?
Which weapons? And i thought the release was just a number?
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:35   #4
Viki

I find that to be a very good review.

All the best,
Viki

Viki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:20   #5
Rissien
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
orly?
1.0 would be final release.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:29   #6
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
And i thought the release was just a number?
it is just a number but many people think v1 will for some reason be our "final version", when we will most likley go to v1.1 and above unless we have a good reason to stop working on PR.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 20:56   #7
LittleFoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
it is just a number but many people think v1 will for some reason be our "final version", when we will most likley go to v1.1 and above unless we have a good reason to stop working on PR.
Now that's what we like to hear!

great review
btw, I discoverd PR in a PC games magezine (the PC gameplay) They had written a short review in there mod section about 2 years ago.
LittleFoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 21:14   #8
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFoX View Post
Now that's what we like to hear!

great review
btw, I discoverd PR in a PC games magezine (the PC gameplay) They had written a short review in there mod section about 2 years ago.
i think that was already posted somewhere ^_^

This is an EPIC review. ^_^

[url="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 22:16   #9
Mad-Mike

v.good review nice to see pr posted everywhere thses days

Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 12:18   #10
Nimise

Quote:
orly?
They might consider vehicle mounted MGs as missing animations.
Nimise is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gamesonnet, review