project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
03 Feb 2023, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2009-07-30, 08:09   #1
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Cool Quinling's runway

Well, there is a interecsting fact about Quinling's runway - when you in aircraft and by mistake or some lag drive off of the runway, you can not return back. I just tried several times return back to the runway from the ground in different places and always got a result that aircraft jumping upward, hanging around and then crashes to the ground.

If you have any information what is it strange behaviour of craft or know the way how to safety return to runway, please respond!
Old 2009-07-31, 05:50   #2
Lazzazin
Default Re: Quinling's runway

I can honestly say I agree with this statement. I have a number of times accidentially got one of the wheels of the runway and therefore fail to get back to the runway.

I honestly think the runway should be lowered a bit, atm I think its to high upp from the ground level
Old 2009-08-01, 02:51   #3
Maverick

if you do happen to fall off the runway(Lag, weird) just have a Land Rover push you back, always works if done correctly.

Old 2009-08-01, 04:03   #4
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

I'm such a loser. It is six o'clock in the morning, and I start up a LAN server with a map that takes me like 15 minutes to load just to test something for a little thread in an online forum...

Anyway: The grass around the main runways is long enough to start. Not between the taxiway-parts of course. But if you slip off the main runway or off the taxiway-part right next to it, you can still start even if you don't get up there again.
Old 2009-08-01, 04:32   #5
Kapt. Kroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
I'm such a loser. It is six o'clock in the morning, and I start up a LAN server with a map that takes me like 15 minutes to load just to test something for a little thread in an online forum...

Anyway: The grass around the main runways is long enough to start. Not between the taxiway-parts of course. But if you slip off the main runway or off the taxiway-part right next to it, you can still start even if you don't get up there again.
15 Minutes? LOL! Computer Sales, Service and Repair In Stow, Ohio!
Old 2009-08-01, 04:34   #6
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapt. Kroon View Post
I know. I don't even play anymore. I will buy one soon.
Old 2009-08-01, 04:32   #7
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

This has been brought up before.

They cant make it lower.

BF2 engine makes the runway dissapear when ur coming in for a landing. Its something to do with rendering i think. In anycase, if they DID lower it, ud be coming in for a landing without knowing where the heck the airstrip actually is untill ur actually ontop of it.

Suggestion; dont fall off the runway

Just be careful, and youll be allright.

Old 2009-08-13, 04:57   #8
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

can the devs atleast remodel the runway so the edges are tapered?

i dont fly in PR but this is something alot of people have complained about, that might help.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:31   #9
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The ideal solution is to lower the runway, or the workaround is making edges more fluent. In real life the constructor of such runway should be executed by a firing squad and buried under that runway .
Old 2009-08-13, 06:45   #10
master of the templars

Maybe add static grass in the low bits

Make nukes, Not war

Tags
quinling, runway