project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
14 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2019-07-24, 08:36   #81
username1212
Default Re: are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
SQUAD game design in a nutshell:

Btw can you give me a link to that post you are referring to?
https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/c...ome_a/eu6orcc/
username1212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 09:22   #82
DogACTUAL

Thanks, very good thread. Typical murky public relations style response by the DEV.

Catering to the 'competitive' scene is foolish and will only get you short term benefits at best. They have no loyalty and will abandon you for the next fresh thing that comes along, just look at all the battle royale games. It would be best if the devs draw a clear line in the sand that they will not cross into casual territory.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 11:17   #83
Germanius_GER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
It would be best if the devs draw a clear line in the sand that they will not cross into casual territory.
It been already asked many times, to clearly say were the SQ Devs want to go with their game. But until now I only heard wonky answers.

But from what wee saw in the last patches and the last 2 Squad Chats I saw, they keep going down the road of making the game simpler and easier.

Witch is said, because I believe the game is massively lacking on the teamplay department and is more and more shifting towards rewarding, fast individual gameplay.
Germanius_GER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 04:50   #84
dolmaface

Alright, so I have begun making a Project Reality mod for Squad. I am a complete nooby, so learning how to mod and use UE4 is taking me some time. I am almost done for the first release of the mod which will include
  • Increase HAB overrun radius to 100m w/4 enemies
  • Destroy Rally in 60s unless within 150m of friendly HAB
  • Remove Buddy Rally
  • Re-enable instadeath mechanics

I chose these items for the first release since I believe the spawning mechanics are the biggest differences between Squad and PR. These updates, although seem minor on paper, should massively change the way the game is played. IMO, these updates alone should almost bring the game to a PR level; I mean the game itself is pretty damn similar except for a few minor things.

Future goals/thoughts are to
  • Include friendly Flags/APCs in Rally 150m radius.
  • Make HABs smaller so they are easier to hide
  • Make HAB and FOB one in the same (just like in PR)
  • Make weapon sway and fatigue a bit more intense (so that it is harder to shoot)
  • Modify PR ticket costs, get rid of ticket bleed
  • Make Squads 8 man instead of 9?
  • Dedicated Vehicle Squads built in feature
  • Thermals for vehicles (probably very hard to accomplish)

I think with these improvements the game will be a true successor to PR. I know some of you want super realistic features, like movement/damage/health, but I don't want the game to become too realistic like ARMA. It should still have some arcade elements to it. The main goal though is to make it teamwork oriented, and have tactical value. I thinks these updates should do it.
Last edited by dolmaface; 2019-07-28 at 15:34..
Old 2019-07-28, 07:11   #85
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

So you're making a PR mod by not sticking to PR mechanics?

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 10:12   #86
Germanius_GER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolmaface View Post
Alright, so I have begun making a Project Reality mod for Squad.
Hey I like what you are doing and I hope many people will join your project. But you maybe not wanna call your Mod, PR Mod and use the PR logo.
Old 2019-07-28, 15:30   #87
dolmaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
So you're making a PR mod by not sticking to PR mechanics?
? In PR a FOB becomes unspawnable for 30s if 1 enemy is within 10m, 2/50m, 4/100m,8/150m. For in Squad, since I am not very good yet at making blueprints, I simply made it so that if 4 enemy are within 100m disable spawning indefinitely. I think this for the most part produces similar gameplay (the point is that it forces players to hide FOBs and not put them on caps)

In PR Rally points get disabled in 60s unless within 2 grids away from friendly FOB/Flag/APC, so in Squad I want to make it 150m.

When I get better at making blueprints I can modify these to emulate PR even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanius_GER View Post
Hey I like what you are doing and I hope many people will join your project. But you maybe not wanna call your Mod, PR Mod and use the PR logo.
That mod is not mine, I haven't even released mine yet. I haven't come up with a name for it yet, maybe Dolmas Reality
dolmaface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 19:59   #88
Germanius_GER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolmaface View Post
That mod is not mine, I haven't even released mine yet. I haven't come up with a name for it yet, maybe Dolmas Reality

Oh, so you are making a PR Mod, but it is still WIP. Sorry I got confused, because of the one already out.

A reason more to give it a more distinctive name.
Old 2019-07-28, 22:54   #89
dolmaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanius_GER View Post
Oh, so you are making a PR Mod, but it is still WIP. Sorry I got confused, because of the one already out.

A reason more to give it a more distinctive name.
No worries. It will take me some time to get to first release since in order to make these modifications I have to change a lot. The insta-death changes means that I need to mod every single class of every single faction. Rally/FOB features means I need to modify all the gamemodes and all the map layers. I am thinking for first release I am just going to do it for Fools Road.

I think Fools Road would be a good test map since it is so similar to PR, and would allow for a good gameplay comparison. I think the big challenge though would get a full server of people to play it!

I also might not completely mod the game for V15, since I think V16 will have so major changes which means I'll have to redo everything.
Last edited by dolmaface; 2019-07-28 at 23:01..
Old 2019-07-29, 01:32   #90
UncleSmek

Its not really about that either.. if we want to play fools road we can just play pr...

All the leaning and free look crap, its what makes squad bad. Its just a really bad first person shooter experience where you cant drop kits, swim or do nuffin
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
devs, gonna, mod, prsquad, squad