project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
14 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2017-07-06, 12:35   #21
CaptMiller

Default Re: [CONCEPT] Northern Al Barka(2KM)

plot:

Islamists have taken the piece of Philipines. Duterte ask for help foreign countries. China sends a small contingent to stabilize the situation
xD
CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 00:48   #22
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Exclamation Re: [CONCEPT] Northern Al Barka(2KM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMiller View Post
plot:

Islamists have taken the piece of Philipines. Duterte ask for help foreign countries. China sends a small contingent to stabilize the situation
xD
did you guys think CN is fit for this map vs INS? hmmmmm...

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 04:41   #23
ALADE3N

guys , i need help with the ambient sounds on how to place them properly because im bad at it

Old 2017-07-16, 10:51   #24
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...map-video.html

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 16:21   #25
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
ohh...how clumsy am i , thanks

Old 2017-07-25, 10:54   #26
ALADE3N

So, guys i finished the map.. I think it is all for now.

Old 2017-08-09, 16:01   #27
ALADE3N

how can i know that this map passes the PR standards? i would like to know ^_^

Old 2017-08-09, 16:26   #28
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

First start would be to show minimap, screenshots, videos,download link to the map.

Second would be to set your own standard a bit higher. From what I can see from the screenshot no attention was really put towards a realistic and proper map setup. It's just a bunch of items thrown together. Ground textures don't blend or look like they belong. Overgrowth has no under grown bushes.

Again this is all based on very few screenshots posted in this thread so I might be off. But a map needs much more love and attention before it's ready for playtesting.

Not to be mean to you, just trying to give you a realistic answer. What you have made was a great test to get to know the tools of BF2 mapping. And you clearly have gotten to know most of them. But I think as a concept this map isn't useful at all to go further with.
If I have to be totally honest I would go for a refresh of the map. Take a real location and try to stick as close as possible to it as you can. That will always give you a good realistic setup to begin with. And really try to pay attention to detail towards the end.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2017-08-09 at 16:32..
Old 2017-08-09, 17:36   #29
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
First start would be to show minimap, screenshots, videos,download link to the map.

Second would be to set your own standard a bit higher. From what I can see from the screenshot no attention was really put towards a realistic and proper map setup. It's just a bunch of items thrown together. Ground textures don't blend or look like they belong. Overgrowth has no under grown bushes.

Again this is all based on very few screenshots posted in this thread so I might be off. But a map needs much more love and attention before it's ready for playtesting.

Not to be mean to you, just trying to give you a realistic answer. What you have made was a great test to get to know the tools of BF2 mapping. And you clearly have gotten to know most of them. But I think as a concept this map isn't useful at all to go further with.
If I have to be totally honest I would go for a refresh of the map. Take a real location and try to stick as close as possible to it as you can. That will always give you a good realistic setup to begin with. And really try to pay attention to detail towards the end.
Well , i thought of scrapping this map as soon as i finished it's lightmap. I only made this map to get a hold of the bf2 mapping tools , how to use them and how to control them to make a fabulous map. Now i can make a move to make a more realistic map

Old 2017-08-09, 17:53   #30
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That's good to hear. Good luck! Make sure to make a new thread so we can follow your progress.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
barka2km, concept, northern