project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
16 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2017-03-27, 17:09   #1
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Default [RELEASE] Northern Al-Barka(2KM)[RELEASE]

Map Information
Name: Northern Al-Barka(or Al-Barka North)
Location: North of Al-Barka , Basilan Located in the ARMM(Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao) of the Philippines.
Size: 2KM
Factions : US Army/USMC , Insurgents
Game mode(s): INS
Game Play Type : Infantry supported by medium/heavy vehicle assets(probably couple of APCs and CAS)

DOWNLOAD LINK AVAILABLE

Download Link: OFFICIAL RELEASE(Please tell me if the link is not working and I will move it to another link)

This northern town in Basilan located in the Philippines(my country) is also known to be camped with Insurgents and is also a battlefield of the Armed Forces of the Philippines/Philippine Marines against Insurgents in a mission to maintain peace all throughout the nation. Inspired by many INS maps that are currently existing on PR, this insurgency jungle map concept aims to bring a challenging gameplay to defenders/attackers all through the round, making the attackers also to be aware of the environment and for the safety of their vehicle assets.

Minimap

Vehicle Layout

US

Start of round

2 Logis (5 min )
2 Blackhawks (5min)
4 Trans Trucks (5 min )
2 HMVEEs (10min )
1 AH-6 ( 15min )
1 Stryker and LAV-25(10mins)

*Delayed

1 Stryker & LAV-25 (10min delay)
2 Bradleys (15min delay)

Insurgents

Start of round

2 Support Vehicles (5 min )
4 Civilian Cars (5 min )
2 SPG Techies ( 5 min )
4 .50 Cal Techies (10 min)

Delayed

2 Rocket Techies ( 10min delay)
2 Bomb Cars ( 10min delay)
1 Gary(15min delay)

Map Sketch Concept i made using Google Maps

PS: You can make suggestions or anything else you want to say to the map , it is my first time by the way and I really want to improve my skills in mapping to contribute to the PR Community

Cheers,
R0TTEN

Last edited by ALADE3N; 2018-05-24 at 15:15..
Old 2017-03-27, 17:18   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: [CONCEPT] Northern Al Barka(2KM)

How does the undergrowth look like there?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 20:15   #3
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

US vs Insurgents? Really?

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 20:57   #4
SShadowFox

Maybe have China vs INS? Would be nice to add some variety, there aren't many Insurgency maps with China (I think that Black Gold INS is the only one), plus Duterte is getting the Philippines closer to China these days, so that would also reflect the current political situation in the country.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 21:18   #5
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Maybe have China vs INS? Would be nice to add some variety, there aren't many Insurgency maps with China (I think that Black Gold INS is the only one), plus Duterte is getting the Philippines closer to China these days, so that would also reflect the current political situation in the country.
Duterte is a bit bi-polar because he's been "threatening" China with blood about the territorial disputes...

I could see US vs China AAS/CnC or sure China vs INS where the INS would be like the Filipino insurgents/militia.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 21:29   #6
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
How does the undergrowth look like there?
bushes , and like mostly of the OG are coconut trees

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 21:37   #7
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
US vs Insurgents? Really?
well , the PR's Insurgents look kinda similar to/ressembles the insurgents(Except for the fact that there will be slight modification/addition of kit geoms) of the Philippines so we will just use that as a placeholder. And the famous Islamic groups like ISIS' influence has entered PH Archipelago. And usin the US for the attackers for the reason that there are "Balikatan Excercises" or annual military exercises between the Philippines and the United States, and US deployment here in the Philippines. Besides,I am from this country ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Yeah Digong is kind of close to China now but China hasn't experienced fighting insurgents in the PH yet , i might think about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
Duterte is a bit bi-polar because he's been "threatening" China with blood about the territorial disputes...

I could see US vs China AAS/CnC or sure China vs INS where the INS would be like the Filipino insurgents/militia.
USvsChina on AAS maybe..i would stick to USvsInsurgents on INS. I've got plenty of plans for USvCH on places like "Palawan" which is much closer to the South China Sea,but for now i will just focus on this one.

Last edited by ALADE3N; 2017-03-27 at 21:57..
Old 2017-03-28, 00:00   #8
Rabbit

Might be worth looking into making some sort of palm cluster as the only 2 clusters in pr that I can remember are pretty "meh". I tried to get CTRifle to make me a cluster way back when, when I had a pacific island map concept but hes a lazy sob.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-28, 02:35   #9
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Might be worth looking into making some sort of palm cluster as the only 2 clusters in pr that I can remember are pretty "meh". I tried to get CTRifle to make me a cluster way back when, when I had a pacific island map concept but hes a lazy sob.

pretty nice group of palm trees , i wish i could make OGs like that

Last edited by ALADE3N; 2017-03-28 at 02:43..
Old 2017-03-28, 16:15   #10
ALADE3N

Update

Palm Treeeees! <3

I have expanded the map which now includes a seaside town east of the US Main base . I was about to use the mangroves but it does not fit for the usual look of the mangroves in the philippines which are like afros so i used this instead as a placeholder.

At the space between the two neighboring mangs, is a seaside town i am about to put after i sculp all the remaining part of the map's terrain.

Jungle Trees , just right beside the mangs., maybe a bit too close , i'll re-sculp the terrain so there will be a cliff before reaching the mangroves.

That's all for now , you can send out some suggestions and opinions

Last edited by ALADE3N; 2017-03-28 at 19:36..

Tags
barka2km, concept, northern