project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
11 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-05-29, 06:34   #151
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Really? It seems like it already has several features (not sure if they are in squad) that seem to make it much better than pr. Off the top of my head nearest medic thing is really nice to have.
Yeah the medic system is basically the only thing I have found enjoyable about PS so far. I was impressed with the gameplay decisions that they made there... it's rather accessible!
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 18:45   #152
Murphy

That is indeed a really nice touch, it helps you figure your odds for revival but it isn't much different than opening my map and calling out to find the nearest medic. It's still a nice QoL feature, but I would really like to see a way to revive a downed medic. Playing medic is still extremely frustrating and fairly unforgiving, ever notice how people tend to avoid playing medic in both this game and Squad? There are always exceptions but that role is generally viewed as a boring, difficult job and is often last picked in a pub squad.

Don't get me starting on being the only medic in a full squad, it's demanding and even more unforgiving. As soon as a lone medic goes down he is giving up and waiting for respawn, feels bad man. I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to implement drop kits, but allowing players to revive downed medics in one fashion or another would go a long way to help alleviate the difficulties.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 19:08   #153
PatrickLA_CA

Well, it is similar in PR. Every time I lead a squad or in other squads, as soon as the squad leader asks who wants to be a medic, the voice channels are quiet. Although, in PR, the fact that you can pick a medic kit from the ground and revive is something that should find its way in Squad and PS in some similar form.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 20:33   #154
Psyko

for those of us that didnt play this week, can you explain the medic system please?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 22:05   #155
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

Post Scriptum
All player's bandages stop bleeding and heal to 70%
Only medic's bandages heal to a full 100%
Medics use a syringe to revive and need to bandage the player afterwards.

Squad
Player's bandages just stop bleeding.
Requires a medic to bandage first and use the medic bag to revive and fully heal.

I actually saw plenty of revives without bandaging because a revive is an instant 70% health. With bolt actions one shot downing 100% players in the chest, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to spend the extra few seconds to heal to 100% especially if the animation bugged out. It led to fairly fast gameplay. Stick them with the needle and keep the push going.

It's definitely WIP. The part I enjoyed is as a non-medic, I could bandage myself during any time while bleeding and get healed to 70% and actually see things afterwards. If you bandage late in the bleeding of Squad, you're left with a fairly dark screen. Both ways have their pros and cons.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 08:59   #156
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

The thing I liked the most about the medic in PS was that the revives are not limited in any way. I think they should just do away with the 15 patch limit on the medic as well, and just give them infinite revives & heals. It's a painful enough job without worrying about which people to prioritize because you're running out of bandages/field dressings like in Squad
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 09:11   #157
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza

New weekend test!

Rezza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 11:32   #158
robert357

I wonder how tank damage model is done. Is it like in typical game - hit several times to lower HP or more realistic like hit with penetration in ammunition is instakill,, hit and kill crewman inside. No penetrations do nothing or only stun crew for a moment. Is it possible to damage vital components like engine, turret controls, visors or damage tracks? I really like damage model in Red Orchestra: Darkest Hours mod.

Also any plans to improve guns sounds? I mean sounds that source is close to player are little too quiet, dull, without power.

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 15:17   #159
Rabbit

When is this going on sale so I can buy it.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 17:18   #160
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, post, scriptum, seventh