project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
12 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2015-09-05, 14:20   #151
Confederate

Default Re: [Faction Concept] Ukraine Armed Forces

-Second, about med kits.
By the decision of National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Ukraine goes to the NATO standards. The Ukrainian army medical kits used by NATO standards, as Soviet kits morally and physically obsolete and do not meet modern standards. Soviet kits can be found only in the exercises in the training camps.

PS. Previously, I saw the 3D model ukrainian soldier with soviet first aid kit, have to disagree with the author, it is not actual anymore.
Confederate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 15:14   #152
Confederate

Ok guys, I need to run. But later we'll talk about the Ukrainian army tanks, vehicles and planes.
Btw, Im nooby & I do not have any experience PR:BF2 modding... But I have some experience in modding in ARMA 2 (probably no such person who does not know this game, lol). For this game we released mod of Ukrainian armed forces of the sample 2000 (Until the new reform of the army). I leave here a video and screenshots of mod, that we did a long time ago. If anyone is interested, please see it.

and this screenshot since 06.10.2011. (anyone would have thought that everything would be in reality.) --->
And My video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6fJVc8nQ0
PS. And sorry for My english, friends.
Confederate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 21:31   #153
[R-COM]KSVM_UA_
Ukrainian Faction Lead

Yes, we know about it.
And btw, Dubok was replaced in June-July 2014, not 2013.
But the point is that "Dubok" is already ready. Same with medkits and other stuff.
Also it looks better ingame and has more realism, because PR set somewhere in 2010-2013.

No, it's no probs with photos.

*Also the material on those new camos are not that good...*

"also known as shittiest PR-team signature pic wearer"

KSVM_UA_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 13:17   #154
mehason

Author want to give SKS to some kits, and you talking about new uniform...
mehason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 22:38   #155
Forgotten
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

I don't think that is good idea to do BTR-80 Joker. I saw that only 1 is in use and not in army, but in National Guard, but this information could be old. It'll be good to focus on BTR-4 for example, or Dozor (there is a model, made by PoE2). I've heard that Ukrainians restored some old T-72 and T-80BV, and also is talks with Poland about modernization Ukrainians T-72 to similiar to PT-91 standard. In weapon section, it'll be an interesting thing of putting Tavor in design plan, but Tavors were used by National Guard as I remember.
Forgotten is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 22:57   #156
[R-COM]H.sta
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSVM_UA_ View Post
Yes, we know about it.
And btw, Dubok was replaced in June-July 2014, not 2013.
But the point is that "Dubok" is already ready. Same with medkits and other stuff.
Also it looks better ingame and has more realism, because PR set somewhere in 2010-2013.

No, it's no probs with photos.

*Also the material on those new camos are not that good...*
PR is actually set continuously "slightly in the future" so it is generally best to go with the newest gear

Some maps feature specific battles though

H.sta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 07:33   #157
[R-COM]KSVM_UA_
Ukrainian Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
I don't think that is good idea to do BTR-80 Joker. I saw that only 1 is in use and not in army, but in National Guard, but this information could be old. It'll be good to focus on BTR-4 for example, or Dozor (there is a model, made by PoE2). I've heard that Ukrainians restored some old T-72 and T-80BV, and also is talks with Poland about modernization Ukrainians T-72 to similiar to PT-91 standard. In weapon section, it'll be an interesting thing of putting Tavor in design plan, but Tavors were used by National Guard as I remember.
1) Info is old. It's at least 85 by now, and saw use in army too. Also, it's a very unique vehicle (like for gameplay).
2)We've got a modeller working out on Dozor-B. And dont say about PoE2 here pls, their model is REALLY bad) (also, no permissions and stuff)
3) T-64 and it's modifications is still a main MBT. (2100 of T-64's vs 300 T-72's and 165 T-80's)
4) Tavor is only in NG use AFAIK. But Negev is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]H.sta View Post
PR is actually set continuously "slightly in the future" so it is generally best to go with the newest gear

Some maps feature specific battles though
5)Well, it was set like this, when it started. Nowadays...
If that was true, balance would be dead. Because all new factions (with some exceptions of irregulars and banana armies) would be generally better than older factions.

My problem now is that I'm literally sitting on a bunch of half-made stuff no one wants to work with (vehicles\soldiers). Soldiers were almost done, but modeller has his problems.
Vehicles.... yeah. I'd rather not talk about that in public.

"also known as shittiest PR-team signature pic wearer"

Last edited by [R-COM]KSVM_UA_; 2015-10-24 at 07:39..
Old 2015-10-29, 02:02   #158
sgtsev3n

the point of existence team gave permission to everyone to use theyr stuff and do whatever they want with it.
POE mod has ukraine faction with ukraine stuff, maybe you include them as this would speed up the work.

sgtsev3n is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 08:18   #159
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Did they? Is there's an official statement from POE team?
Cause some stuff that's already ingame from POE, were asked and picked specifically with credits afaik.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 17:08   #160
sgtsev3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
Did they? Is there's an official statement from POE team?
Cause some stuff that's already ingame from POE, were asked and picked specifically with credits afaik.
yes, the guy who works on the P4F conversion has contacted one of the POE guys:
Getting Organized - Battlefield SinglePlayer Forum

Quote:
I got a reply from Hathcock aka Tom Patterson, the PR guy from POE. He said we could do whatever we wanted with POE and that the team had moved on.

sgtsev3n is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armed, concept, faction, forces, ukraine