project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
07 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2014-01-11, 21:17   #31
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ason's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Well, I say make at lease one layer where its just like a normal deployment and not a huge operation.

US Army

2 MK19 hmmwvs
6 regular hmmwvs
2 crow hmmwvs
2 logis
2 f-16s or 1 or 2 Apaches.

Taliban

suicide cars
regular civi cars
MG cars.

I also have a video/ pictures of our new CLOSED COP, which was against really all regulations, heh.
By normal deployment do you mean mostly light ground vehicles and no cas, or is it the vehicle setup you wrote?
COP = common operational picture?
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 21:34   #32
Rabbit

Rabbit's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrslobodan View Post
By normal deployment do you mean mostly light ground vehicles and no cas, or is it the vehicle setup you wrote?
COP = common operational picture?
What I wrote. Countries tend to color coordinate colors based on danger areas, anytime we would go in red/ black or after an event, we would roll with cas.

COP= Combat Outpost.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 21:46   #33
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ason's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
COP= Combat Outpost.
You got a link to them?
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:45   #34
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Pvt.LHeureux's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Damn Mrslobodan, that's really good! How long have you been working on this on the side of Grozny?

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:01   #35
ElshanF

ElshanF's Avatar
Default

Map looks awesome man !
ElshanF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:14   #36
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ason's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Thanks guys, been working on this for 2-3 days
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:33   #37
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

You first posted the Grozny thread on 24 January, 2013.
In one year you've gotten to the point you can spit out new terrain maps in 3 days work.

I hope you can finish Grozny before you dive head first into this new map.

This Taki map has potential, but consider this question before you go forward: 'How you will differentiate it from Operation Archer in regards to gameplay? When you can answer that question to your satisfaction, you'll be ready to make a unique map for the game. And hopefully the new statics will be done by then.

On a important note, you should change the name of the map now. It's quite possible 'Takistan' is a registered trademark or is copyrighted by the original creator(s) of the map in some manner. This is due to the fact that it is indeed a fictional location, which means all commercial content , such as "fan fiction novels" need to have legal authorization to use the names of fictional locations and characters in this fictional universe.

So, pick a new fictional name. Name your new baby, and own it.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 02:18   #38
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ason's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
You first posted the Grozny thread on 24 January, 2013.
In one year you've gotten to the point you can spit out new terrain maps in 3 days work.

I hope you can finish Grozny before you dive head first into this new map.

This Taki map has potential, but consider this question before you go forward: 'How you will differentiate it from Operation Archer in regards to gameplay? When you can answer that question to your satisfaction, you'll be ready to make a unique map for the game. And hopefully the new statics will be done by then.

On a important note, you should change the name of the map now. It's quite possible 'Takistan' is a registered trademark or is copyrighted by the original creator(s) of the map in some manner. This is due to the fact that it is indeed a fictional location, which means all commercial content , such as "fan fiction novels" need to have legal authorization to use the names of fictional locations and characters in this fictional universe.

So, pick a new fictional name. Name your new baby, and own it.
Damn, have I wasted that much of my time on this? xd

Quote:
but consider this question before you go forward: 'How you will differentiate it from Operation Archer in regards to gameplay?
Good question. What I don't like about Op. Archer will be fixed in my map :P
-More and higher mountains
-rocks on mountains
-bushes on mountains
-4km map
-jets and ah

I hope these things will make a bit of difference between the two. But I will finish Grozny first of course, and like you say hopefully the afghan statics will be available when Grozny is done

Could someone change the map name to "Operation Razor"? (temp name) Or if you know a better name change it to that And also [WIP] instead of [concept]
Ason is offline
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2014-01-12 at 02:34..
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 06:07   #39
Rabbit

Rabbit's Avatar
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrslobodan View Post
Could someone change the map name to "Operation Razor"? (temp name) Or if you know a better name change it to that And also [WIP] instead of [concept]
How about a real life location, Shok Valley comes into mind for me, doesn't have to be based on it, but you could still use the name which I think sounds dangerous, which it was.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 07:30   #40
Element-X_IV

Element-X_IV's Avatar
Send a message via Yahoo to Element-X_IV
Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Looks very interesting, got a minimap?

I can see combat on this being similar to that of archer's, just add more villages, compounds and afghan houses around, maybe some caves too. Keep the assets light so Taliban doesn't get their asses kicked with Blufor optics and armor, even something like light CAS, helicopter transports + humvees but no APCs or any armor would be interesting too, I don't think any PR maps have that kind of combination yet, so it could be interesting to try out.

Keep it up, hope you finish Grozny as well though. :P
Element-X_IV is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
4km, 4kmwip, bamyan, concept, map, released, ridge, shok, takistan, wip
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:38.