project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
16 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2008-11-13, 21:23   #1
Dude388

Dude388's Avatar
Default Picture Editing

Starting this thread to prevent the screenshot thread from being gimped

Please put original pictures you want edited, discussions about them etc. here. If a large amount of win is detected in a picture, it may be posted in the screenshot thread too for great justice.

Dunehunter


I enjoyed doing the first Project Reality Rain picture so much, I decided to do another using a Al BASRAH map pick (an older one too). Tell me what you think.



P.S. It's not final, I'm still tweaking it.

Dude388 is offline
Last edited by Dunehunter; 2008-11-15 at 11:46..
Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 21:48   #2
Celestial1
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude388 View Post
I enjoyed doing the first Project Reality Rain picture so much, I decided to do another using a Al BASRAH map pick (an older one too). Tell me what you think.



P.S. It's not final, I'm still tweaking it.
The amount of 'white splash' is just a lick too high, and you should reduce the opacity of them as well.

Another thing you should do is tweak the color balances, give it a bluish-grey hue.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 22:53   #3
Dude388

Dude388's Avatar
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
The amount of 'white splash' is just a lick too high, and you should reduce the opacity of them as well.

Another thing you should do is tweak the color balances, give it a bluish-grey hue.
Once I looked it over, I saw what you meant. Here's my re-attempt:



This version looks a little more pleasing/easier on the eye.

Dude388 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:12   #4
Scot
Supporting Member

Scot's Avatar
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Still is a bit too much white blur around the people IMO.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:25   #5
Dude388

Dude388's Avatar
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]TheScot666 View Post
Still is a bit too much white blur around the people IMO.
OK I guess it's still a bit "white". I lowered it a bit more, but not too much as to loose the effect of rain bouncing off the soldiers. It may not SEEM noticeable at first, bu there is a drop in white blur.


Dude388 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 06:48   #6
Scot
Supporting Member

Scot's Avatar
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude388 View Post
OK I guess it's still a bit "white". I lowered it a bit more, but not too much as to loose the effect of rain bouncing off the soldiers. It may not SEEM noticeable at first, bu there is a drop in white blur.

that is very nice

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 15:25   #7
Celestial1
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Extra touchups:
1) Duplicate of bottom layer with high-pass filter on overlay with halved opacity and fills to sharpen game details
2) Cloud layer + angled strokes filter set on one of the overlay settings to add multi-directional rain and shadows.
3) Refined splash areas.
Attached Thumbnails
prrain4tl0 copy.jpg  
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 15:32   #8
Dude388

Dude388's Avatar
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
Extra touchups:
1) Duplicate of bottom layer with high-pass filter on overlay with halved opacity and fills to sharpen game details
2) Cloud layer + angled strokes filter set on one of the overlay settings to add multi-directional rain and shadows.
3) Refined splash areas.
1) It looks good, but I mainly used the blur effect to get the feeling of wind and reduced visibility.
2) I tried cloud layers multiple times, but I never got it to look the way I wanted (still learning ). However you got it perfect .
3) I like the improved splash additions...but they make some of the rain look a bit too white before they impact on some of the soldiers (ie. the point man), it almost seems as the though the wind is blow the opposite direction cause a larger splash impact. If you can bring the total white blur a tiny bit closer to the body, it will look perfect.

All in all, a big improvement over mine. I see I have a ways to go to using GIMP to it's fullest .

P.S. For those of you who are curious, here's the original pic unaltered.


Dude388 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 20:01   #9
cfschris
Banned
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots



An edit of Recon squad working it's magic on Muttrah....
cfschris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 20:21   #10
NickO
Default Re: PR v0.8 Screenshots

Edit
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
editing, picture, poxo is ghey
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:32.