project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2015-09-26, 16:33   #1
Spectrium

Default Zhi-9b fps spikes

Chinese tranport chopper (Zhi-9b) has fps problem. It has FPS spikes every 3 seconds which screen is freezing for 0.2 sec in Qwai River map and some other maps(i don't know every map)

Not sure if the problem is about me or everyone have it.

Spectrium is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 07:57   #2
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Zhi-9b fps spikes

This is a bug probably rather than feedback but yes, this is a problem for many people.

If the map has the big transheli like black gold or wanda shan, getting into one of those for 5-15 seconds will fix the FPS problem. For qwai, no help.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 08:41   #3
Spectrium

Sorry about topic channel. Just put it here while i was flying with zhi-9b. I forgot to open topics about problems after leaving the game(Actually i hang about it )

Actually if i don't remember wrong this started with the 1.2 patch. Before that patch Zhi-9b was a lovely chopper(it still is without that bug) And I think it is because of the dust effect of helicopter. I am not sure about it.

Spectrium is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:22   #4
Jagira

YES. Thank you for finding the vehicle name. It spikes because of the lights that flash on it every 3 second, and it makes it unflyable. I can not do CAS on black gold insurgency because of this bug.
Jagira is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 14:30   #5
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Yea we know about this, but have no idea what causes it. It also seems to happen on the french Panther helicopter. That one is pretty much same as the Z9. If anyone has a clue what could cause this, please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
This is a bug probably rather than feedback but yes, this is a problem for many people.

If the map has the big transheli like black gold or wanda shan, getting into one of those for 5-15 seconds will fix the FPS problem. For qwai, no help.
That makes this bug even more mysterious

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 01:18   #6
Jagira

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Yea we know about this, but have no idea what causes it. It also seems to happen on the french Panther helicopter. That one is pretty much same as the Z9. If anyone has a clue what could cause this, please let us know.
I believe the helicopters have navigation lights that flash every 3 seconds, causing a lag spike. This may be the problem.
Jagira is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 12:13   #7
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

This bug, also known as the "Merlin Lag" since it happened on the Merlin helicopter waay before the Zhi-9B, has no known cause and only happens for a few select players, and sometimes only on certain maps and not always all the time. What is even stranger is it dose not seem to affect the Zhi-9WA versions (the attack versions with weapons and if anyone dose have it on them please say) which are exactly the same as the Zhi-9B, other than they have more polies and load more textures, + have weapons and no/fewer passenger seats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagira View Post
I believe the helicopters have navigation lights that flash every 3 seconds, causing a lag spike. This may be the problem.
Nope, they where never in fact on the Zhi-9 series of choppers as I lead a small crusade with their implementation to have them removed from all aircraft in PR since aircraft in a warzone would never have their navigation lights turned on, for obvious reasons

The only effects on the chopper, other than its destruction effects are the e_exhaust_startup and the e_exhaust effects which it has two of each of them for the two exhausts. But saying that, after looking though a bunch of other choppers they don't seem to have this affect added to them so it might be that and possibly worth removing to see it helps, but nor dose the Merlin thou and the Zhi-9WA series also has it so ye, probably not

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 19:58   #8
FFG
PR Server License Moderator

Clearing shaders fix's this bug. Maybe put an option in the launcher to automatically clear shaders on launch?

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 14:42   #9
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
it does not seem to affect the Zhi-9WA versions (the attack versions with weapons and if anyone dose have it on them please say)
Have had it happen on Xiangshan AAS STD with Zhi-9WA with LGs.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 08:32   #10
Jacksonez__

Can't reproduce. Tried on Qwai, I was able to fly without lag spikes with Haitun. I've had this bug only once in Blackhawk, like 1.0? It was fixed in hotfix or something, iirc.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, spikes, zhi9b