project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
27 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-12-24, 17:44   #3091
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

[MENTION=4326]dbzao[/MENTION] posted his new video - a 10 person perspective from the recent, and first, Tactical Gamer internal scrim at the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZ6RQe_g6w

R-MOD Jeepo
Jeepo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 17:44   #3092
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

[MENTION=4326]dbzao[/MENTION] posted his new video - a 10 person perspective from the recent, and first, Tactical Gamer internal scrim at the weekend.

R-MOD Jeepo
Last edited by Jeepo; 2018-12-24 at 18:06..
Old 2018-12-25, 07:50   #3093
PatrickLA_CA

This video should be used to advertise Squad, it perfectly recaps a good teamplay example without being 2 hours long and Talil, well, Talil is just a treat to look at.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 14:49   #3094
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

Looks like some of the guys haven't updated their PCs since the last time they played PR.
Squad, just like any other game, is easier to enjoy with a decent framerate.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 15:29   #3095
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
Looks like some of the guys haven't updated their PCs since the last time they played PR.
Squad, just like any other game, is easier to enjoy with a decent framerate.
Absolutely agree - funny though the worst looking PC is one of the highest spec - he just used OBS instead of Shadowplay....

Lesson learned!

Good to see you back BTW

R-MOD Jeepo
Jeepo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 07:41   #3096
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

Optimizing the game also helps

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 19:53   #3097
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Mutlicore processor support has helped alot, not just PR but the whole gaming sphere IMO.
Eventually octo core pcs wont even need uber graphics. The only thing driving graphics today I feel is crazy stupid monitor reoslutions, triple screen set ups etc.

Smoke effects in Squad look wholesome as does that map in the previous video.

PC FPS SINCE 1998 - PR Til I Die
Cheap / fast track upgrade for slow PR computer > Guide
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-23, 02:22   #3098
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post
Mutlicore processor support has helped alot, not just PR but the whole gaming sphere IMO.
Eventually octo core pcs wont even need uber graphics. The only thing driving graphics today I feel is crazy stupid monitor reoslutions, triple screen set ups etc.

Smoke effects in Squad look wholesome as does that map in the previous video.
Indeed, but to correct you: PR/BF2 doesn't do multi-core processing. The BF2 Engine is hardcoded to use only one core.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 00:09   #3099
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Youre right.

I wasn't clear, the PERF BETA option brought improvment but not in the same way.

PC FPS SINCE 1998 - PR Til I Die
Cheap / fast track upgrade for slow PR computer > Guide
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 00:25   #3100
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post
Youre right.

I wasn't clear, the PERF BETA option brought improvment but not in the same way.
Had a feeling that's what you meant That's alright.
Yeah the PERF Option, which was taken out of beta after very positive feedback was changed to be integrated automatically in the launcher.
This saved on resources from the 1 core that the main game was running on since [R-DEV]Mats391's excellent work to move the BUIS/TIS, Scope Shader and HUD Logic from the main game to the PRLauncher (Running on the 2nd core) made a huge difference in performance and the rest is history.

Anyways, back on topic since I'm being off-topic

Last edited by Arab; 2019-01-24 at 00:38..

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad