project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
27 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2018-04-21, 15:20   #121
DogACTUAL

Default Re: [1.5] Game is laggy/low fps

So what would you say is are minimum RAM requirements in terms of speed (and maybe size) to guarantee that PR performance isn't bottlenecked through the RAM not being able to keep up with the CPU?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:26   #122
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
So what would you say is are minimum RAM requirements in terms of speed (and maybe size) to guarantee that PR performance isn't bottlenecked through the RAM not being able to keep up with the CPU?
I would say around 5.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:29   #123
DogACTUAL

You mean around 5GB size? Can you also plz give a minimum speed? Or are you just pulling my leg?
Old 2018-04-21, 15:52   #124
[R-CON]​TBob
PR:BF2 Contributor

I should say that I still doubt that RAM speed is a big bottleneck for PR, it's just not impossible.
From what I've seen RAM speed has the most effect on minimum framerate in games, so you'd get fewer stutters but average performance would be very similar. If you're running on integrated graphics RAM speed will have a bigger impact since your RAM is also your VRAM.
For amount of RAM, probably 4GB assuming you have nothing else running. Officially 3GB is the minimum.
TBob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 19:49   #125
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

This is not the place to discuss this.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 11:35   #126
TouchMyButt

Got a similar vproblem, game got decent fps 60-70 fps, but fps are dropping pretty far to 30-40 when im looking at player directions.

I hope there is a solution for this Problem, its unplayable depending on the map :/

Graphic settings wont matter, all on high and all on low = same Problem with fps drop when looking at players.
TouchMyButt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 20:17   #127
himond

[1.5.4.1] Outstanding! From what I was able to test so far the improvement is huge. Even without the perf beta on there is a nice difference, but enabling it just boosts the performance immensely.
himond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 01:26   #128
DogACTUAL

Very noticeably performance boost, many maps are playable now. Very nice!
Old 2018-04-27, 01:59   #129
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyButt View Post
Got a similar vproblem, game got decent fps 60-70 fps, but fps are dropping pretty far to 30-40 when im looking at player directions.
I hope there is a solution for this Problem, its unplayable depending on the map :/
Graphic settings wont matter, all on high and all on low = same Problem with fps drop when looking at players.
May I ask what your PC specifications are, and more in particular, your graphics card and processor?

Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 04:55   #130
ohkeyDOHkey

wanted to report that since the latest performance update my fps has tripled from v1.5 and has doubled from v1.4 I can even play on the highest settings flawlessly thank you devs
ohkeyDOHkey is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, game, laggy or low