project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
29 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2018-11-18, 23:46   #11
Hans_Strudel

Hans_Strudel's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

So i have updated a google-doc:
1) added list of building assets
2) updated vehicle list
link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MJo/edit#gid=0

I got a problem with armament for grenadier kit. As you can see, it has only HEAT rifle grenades, and i haven't any information about HE or smoke variations. Type 89+M203 isn't a solution due to fact that M203 is in use only in special forces in Japan. So i am still looking for ideas.
Hans_Strudel is offline
Last edited by Hans_Strudel; 2018-11-19 at 01:08..
Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 01:31   #12
InchPincherToo

InchPincherToo's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Rudel View Post

About honorable mentions:

Type 96 was planned in both variants, AGL and HMG; (will update google-doc)

Type 16 is too young for planned time period;

Type 87 ARV will be added to list, but with low priority (may be outdated, but still in service);

I have doubts about Kawasaki OH-1 due to low knowledge about it's armament. Can it carry AT missiles or rocket containers? If so, OH-1 would be a great japanese version oh OH-58D Kiowa.

I'm agree with these, looks fine if you decided so.

Btw, Kawasaki OH-1 does have 4 hardpoints (2 least on each sides) for ATGM's (Jyu-MAT ATGM, 01 LMAT ?), Gun Pods (12.7mm, 20/30mm cannon), Air-to-Air Missile (Type 91) and Rocket pods too (probably at least a Hydra 70)

But, i believe this chopper should be on low prior, since JSDF already pick up the Apache first than this, because the OH-1 attack variations were rejected by JSDF in favor of Apache as i mention before, so it remains as Observation/Scout chopper role...


It's all up to you though, take your time and no pressure
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 02:58   #13
bouya_tetsu
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Rudel View Post
So i have updated a google-doc:
1) added list of building assets
2) updated vehicle list
link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MJo/edit#gid=0

I got a problem with armament for grenadier kit. As you can see, it has only HEAT rifle grenades, and i haven't any information about HE or smoke variations. Type 89+M203 isn't a solution due to fact that M203 is in use only in special forces in Japan. So i am still looking for ideas.
I am interested in JSDF too
I tried various searches but actually there is no information about types about grenades, there is only description about "Type 06 rifle grenade"(Interpersonal and anti-armor effect).
I will report again if I know something.
bouya_tetsu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 12:49   #14
agus92
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Translating this official statement (http://www.mod.go.jp/j/approach/hyou.../honbun/15.pdf), it appears that the type 06 is a multirole interpersonal and AT grenade.

Max range is 0.79 of the french APAV40 grenade, which I guess means 80 meters firing from the shoulder.

agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 02:03   #15
Hans_Strudel

Hans_Strudel's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouya_tetsu View Post
I am interested in JSDF too
I tried various searches but actually there is no information about types about grenades, there is only description about "Type 06 rifle grenade"(Interpersonal and anti-armor effect).
I will report again if I know something.
Thank you for you efforts!
[MENTION=102284]bouya_tetsu[/MENTION], I would also want to ask you, would you tell me does japanese version of vanilla BF2 (or with Special Forces and/or Euro Forces DLC) has japanese voices or not? It would help a lot.
Hans_Strudel is offline
Last edited by Hans_Strudel; 2018-11-25 at 02:29..
Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 02:17   #16
bouya_tetsu
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

[MENTION=102316]Hans_Rudel[/MENTION]
No, it doesn't.
Official BF2 that includes DLC doesn't have Japanese voice.
As you know CQB mod has good Japanese voices files but...
I guess we have to record new Japanese voices for sake of JSDF
There are translated order/request words in PR language folder already so those will help when recording.


What do you think?
bouya_tetsu is offline
Last edited by bouya_tetsu; 2018-11-26 at 02:31..
Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 18:54   #17
Hans_Strudel

Hans_Strudel's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by parch View Post
You can’t have JSDF without Godzilla
Hmm, you give me an idea for some kind of an easter egg.
Hans_Strudel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 21:03   #18
Hans_Strudel

Hans_Strudel's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouya_tetsu View Post
[MENTION=102316]Hans_Rudel[/MENTION]
No, it doesn't.
Official BF2 that includes DLC doesn't have Japanese voice.
As you know CQB mod has good Japanese voices files but...
I guess we have to record new Japanese voices for sake of JSDF
There are translated order/request words in PR language folder already so those will help when recording.


What do you think?
[MENTION=102284]bouya_tetsu[/MENTION]
The idea of our own recordings is great, but i am still looking for other sources of japanese voices. For example, i don't know where PR devs found russian voices, but some phrases sounds like the same using in DCS.
i found this video with all japanese quotes from BF Bad Company 2(some of these are exactly what we needed and i think they sound very authentically and may be too emotional, but i have no idea are we able to use these):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8xNEiuqTeA
Also i found BF 1942 voices (a lot of screaming ahead):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXvQkqETkoU
Keep in mind, i have no idea about sound recording process, so i can only guess how expensive/hard it would be to record our own phrases.
Hans_Strudel is offline
Last edited by Hans_Strudel; 2018-11-27 at 00:21..
Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 04:29   #19
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

ALADE3N's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

BFBC is more fitting to the game imo because it has no radio filters not like the BF1942

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 05:22   #20
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

LiamBai's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Rudel View Post
Keep in mind, i have no idea about sound recording process, so i can only guess how expensive/hard it would be to record our own phrases.
If I'm not mistaken a lot of the voices are done by the community. Certainly the German and Argentinian voices are, and I'd guess the French, Polish and Dutch ones too. AFAIK it's just a case of recording(with good quality ideally) the relevant lines for each case and then having two versions of each, one with radio static and one without.

Given the fairly sizeable Japanese community, I don't think getting voices done would be a big issue. In fact, people would probably line up to do it if the JSDF faction was nearing completion.


Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
concept, faction, jsdf
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03.