project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
15 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2019-05-13, 15:40   #2001
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

She does wreck the Red Keep eventually and the reason is terror.

Though yeah, Scorpions being OP the previous episode and kindling in this one is another thing.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 06:39   #2002
Koia
Project Reality Beta Tester

dragon seems OP
Nerf dany
Koia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 06:48   #2003
Koia
Project Reality Beta Tester

QUESTION : what was the thing with the citybells? They ring them if the city surrenders or fights?
Dany seemed angry when they started.
Koia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 07:28   #2004
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It's because it shows that indeed all they have is fear of her. The people don't show any love for her, only fear. The bells show that yet again. So the does exactly what she is now known for, rule with fear. She has nothing else left. No friends, no Jon, no allies, barely an army, no advisors, one dragon. All she has is the fear of the people she came to protect. And she snaps.

Tbh if you look at this season and ignore episode 4, forget that characters like Euron and Bronn still get screentime, and forgive the writers for not getting enough episodes to develop complicated character arcs like Jaime and Dany this probably some of the best TV I've seen The sets they build, the acting, the cinematography. So beautiful. And the overall story makes perfect sense. It's just rushed But I will remember this show for it's greatness. Because it had tons of that. I just have to remind myself to forgive it's flaws of the final seasons of rushed development.

If not even HBO could give enough shits to make such a complex story into enough episodes and budget, then this is pretty much the best piece of fantasy war TV we'll ever get. Shame.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 08:43   #2005
Raidonrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
If not even HBO could give enough shits to make such a complex story into enough episodes and budget, then this is pretty much the best piece of fantasy war TV we'll ever get. Shame.
HBO offered to increase budget and 10 episodes for final seasons but D&D said no lmao

The monstrosity that is game of thrones past season 4 lands squarely on D&D, some nobodies who only got the show in the first place because one of their parents was a major figure in Goldman Sachs (Among other things) at the time of pilot.
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 09:11   #2006
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

You got a source for that? That would a be big shame.

Last edited by Mineral; 2019-05-14 at 09:43..
Old 2019-05-14, 09:25   #2007
Raidonrai

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/09/game-of...ers-interview/

Quote:
You told me back when filming season 3 that you were thinking of doing the final season as three movies because you couldn’t imagine pulling off what you and George had in mind on a television budget. Do you feel like you’ve been able to do what you envisioned years ago?

WEISS: Yes. To their credit, they put their money where their mouths are — literally stuffed their mouth full of million-dollar bills which don’t exist anymore. They said, “We’ll give you the resources to make this what it needs to be, and if what it needs to be is a summer tentpole-size spectacle in places, then that’s what it will be.”

BENIOFF: HBO would have been happy for the show to keep going, to have more episodes in the final season. We always believed it was about 73 hours, and it will be roughly that. As much as they wanted more, they understood that this is where the story ends.
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 19:37   #2008
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidonrai View Post
some nobodies who only got the show in the first place because one of their parents was a major figure in Goldman Sachs (Among other things) at the time of pilot.
That's an antisemitic trope and dog whistle, wow. And i will have you know that David Benioff was hardly a 'nobody' when he started the production of GoT, he was already an established screenwriter with several big movie screenplays to his name and an accomplished author of well reviewed novels on top of that.

Typical commie talk.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 22:39   #2009
3===SPECTER===3

As long as they don't do my boy Jon as dirty as they did Jamie then I'll be fine with it.

If the leaks are anything to go by, he at least doesn't have a ridiculously fast paced character regression over the course of half a season.

Also Bran might be the most useless main character in the whole story unless he gets some crazy shit to do in the last episode.

3===SPECTER===3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 22:36   #2010
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
It's because it shows that indeed all they have is fear of her. The people don't show any love for her, only fear. The bells show that yet again. So the does exactly what she is now known for, rule with fear. She has nothing else left. No friends, no Jon, no allies, barely an army, no advisors, one dragon. All she has is the fear of the people she came to protect. And she snaps.
Shes been there before and didnt go all slaughter everyone. Her lust for the the thrown is jarring because its such a volte-face of her seven season arc. Ever from season 1 shes been in support of putting house Targaryen back on the throne even if it wasn't her. This is a massive new arc thats being pushed in 2 episodes and its trash.

Jaimes arc has also been ruined as its a total regression of not only his character but shit hes said. He SAID, the in the book and the tv show, the reason he killed the king was for the people of kings landing several times. Now all of a sudden hes "fuck em, never liked them"? Shit writing.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones