project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-09-10, 15:10   #11
Bastiannn

Default Re: Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan~Man View Post
Thanks for the replies......Wifey tells me I'm to detailed and study stuff to much b4 jumping in. Nike says just do it..... and I did last night, first ever game with REAL PEOPLE not bots. It was a small group and the SL was very helpful and most others were patient.

SL put me driving right off the bat.My driving skills are good in Humv but dont put me in a tank yet..but i followed orders and did as told and got where i was supposed to go w the tank and shoot. The SL helped out greatly- shoulda caught his name to post it here- too much going on at the time .

Need to work on Com skills. The H key and 0 key binds seem awkward to me. Any Suggestions?

It was slower than expected but thouroughly enjoyable.

Thanks again for the freindly responses. See you out there.
I for one rebinded X for local,V for squad.
Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 15:11   #12
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Default Re: Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

Quote:
Thanks for the replies......Wifey tells me I'm to detailed and study stuff to much b4 jumping in. Nike says just do it..... and I did last night, first ever game with REAL PEOPLE not bots. It was a small group and the SL was very helpful and most others were patient.

SL put me driving right off the bat.My driving skills are good in Humv but dont put me in a tank yet..but i followed orders and did as told and got where i was supposed to go w the tank and shoot. The SL helped out greatly- shoulda caught his name to post it here- too much going on at the time .

Need to work on Com skills. The H key and 0 key binds seem awkward to me. Any Suggestions?

It was slower than expected but thouroughly enjoyable.

Thanks again for the freindly responses. See you out there.
Nice to see you enjoying yourself. I've bound them to H and B. Generally that area of keyboard is good (for me).
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 15:13   #13
Kraken

Quote:
I bound my Squad Coms to Q, works fine for me.
Kraken is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 15:27   #14
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

X - local
C - Squad
P - All SLs
F1-F10 Squads 1 to 9 and CO respectively.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 15:28   #15
sunshine2241991

Quote:
As stated..Newb here, multiple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?
I think I have the basics down on Rifleman and medic. Could someone recommend a server freindly to new dudes? or advice on my next steps. I really like what I have seen so far as well as watching youtube vids of matches repeatedly. The teamwork aspect is what seems to set this mod apart.

i mean what i wrong with you ? every game that you play before that you watching videos on youtube and read manuals and playing tutorials ?

just hope in .
Last edited by sunshine2241991; 2016-09-10 at 15:46..
Old 2016-09-10, 15:44   #16
Shan~Man
Supporting Member

Everone says just hop in.... I know but trust me, I would quit if I didn't get the basics down. My goal is to be a SL. I'm an older detailed oriented fart and I see the potential in the immersive play style and teamwork. For me half the fun is learning something new even if its just a game.
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 15:49   #17
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Everone says just hop in.... I know but trust me, I would quit if I didn't get the basics down. My goal is to be a SL. I'm an older detailed oriented fart and I see the potential in the immersive play style and teamwork. For me half the fun is learning something new even if its just a game.

best part for me is to learn on the fly .
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 16:29   #18
Gerfand

Quote:
As stated..Newb here, multiple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?
I think I have the basics down on Rifleman and medic. Could someone recommend a server freindly to new dudes? or advice on my next steps. I really like what I have seen so far as well as watching youtube vids of matches repeatedly. The teamwork aspect is what seems to set this mod apart.
Never played Coop before going to Deployment...
you don't need to play coop to much, just listen to the SQL and stay w/ easier to make kits...

As you readed the Manual you will get a lot of information about Technical details of the MOD/Game, like how to zero a AT-4

But the rest is experience, try and error, after 3 months you will probably know how to use your map to guess where the enemy from the perspective of a friend miles to the South
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 16:40   #19
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
You do you man, different people learn in different ways If you want to really "take it to the next level" you should think about joining the tournament, starts in a month or so: PRT. Newbies welcome, but especially thoughtful newbies who want to learn

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 16:44   #20
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
You do you man, different people learn in different ways If you want to really "take it to the next level" you should think about joining the tournament, starts in a month or so: PRT. Newbies welcome, but especially thoughtful newbies who want to learn
Hell yeah I'd have this guy in my squad. He actually seems to be aware of his level of knowledge and is willing to learn.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, live, manual, multple, newb, playsam, reads, ready