project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Sep 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
ubermensche

Opening ceremonies were well done. Rowan Atkinson was brilliant, as always.

I know a guy who's gonna be fencing for the Canadian team. Gonna wake up extra early tomorrow to cheer for him on TV.
ubermensche is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Default Re: London Olympics 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardon View Post
I looked the opening ceremony till the end, as we were laughing the stuff on IRC with my friends...

Sorry to say, but as a non Brit viewer the ceremony was full of shit. People running here and there, overall confusion, Mr Bean picking his nose, queen jumping off the plane with parachute and looking like bored as hell each time they filmed her face, Michael Jackson driving the boat with olympic flame, Ban Ki Moon saving the world by carrying olympic flag.. Which then was taken by soldiers of peace. Then some old man sang some more crappy music, so overall it was full of WTF, I didn't understand a single thing about it. Good move with the kids starting the flame though, I was waiting for Prince Harry or someone else who to facepalm a lot.
haha, man you are like the funniest person on the forum, I dont know how you do it but then bam, you come out with yet another quality post!

Also, learn english, your not allowed to speak bullshit on this forum (at least not always)

Notice: User Warned for flaming. Be respectful gents
Last edited by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude; 08-01-2012 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: notice
Old 07-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
Steeps
Supporting Member

Quote:
Michael Jackson driving the boat with olympic flame,
Yep, totally correct.

But it was nice watching the opening ceremonies even if I only did see the last hour of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
hardon

It doesn't change my opinion about the opening ceremony...

But that doesnt mind, as the ceremony is still just a ceremony for world leaders to drink some booze and companies to bribe their quests.

The real thing, games are going to be good. I can't wait to see some of the chicks who carried the flag on the field, if you know what I mean.

Also:
Last edited by hardon; 07-28-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
mitchverr

Quote:
I looked the opening ceremony till the end, as we were laughing the stuff on IRC with my friends...

Sorry to say, but as a non Brit viewer the ceremony was full of shit. People running here and there, overall confusion, Mr Bean picking his nose, queen jumping off the plane with parachute and looking like bored as hell each time they filmed her face, Michael Jackson driving the boat with olympic flame, Ban Ki Moon saving the world by carrying olympic flag.. Which then was taken by soldiers of peace. Then some old man sang some more crappy music, so overall it was full of WTF, I didn't understand a single thing about it. Good move with the kids starting the flame though, I was waiting for Prince Harry or someone else who to facepalm a lot.

(you seemed to have missed the point about all of it or be a troll, either way, lawl)

anyways, i thought it was alright, i mean i had low expectations and honestly, i thought some parts were pretty fail and was waiting for the major technical fault to happen as many of you were i bet, but i think last night went fairly nicely really, got a good mix of different things into it and represented much of the country then and now. Sure non brits would be like "the fuck is this" but heh, its the london games, its up to us what we do

Oh and i think this answers Mr Romney and his "questions" about british ability to get the games going on time and brits wanting the olympics enough. Afterall, when the PM and Mr. Wiff Waff both take a stab at you, you know you dun goofed.

'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt - Do it fer thissen
mitchverr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

well at least the ceremony was better than the greek one

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
Pantera

I liked the ceremony, thought it was the tits.

Music was local to my area, so obviously i knew it from my younger days SOME PEOPLE THINK IM BONKERS!!!! Ah great times

Still though, they spent how much on that tribute dance to the NHS and GOSH? (?27 mil i read somewhere)....couldnt they just give that money to the NHS and GOSH instead of firing doctors/nurses....seemed a little retarded to me.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
Qaiex

I think they should have the summer Olympics in Athens every time. Greece most certainly needs the economy boost.
Two birds with one stone.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Seems china turned on the super athlete trait for this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
I think they should have the summer Olympics in Athens every time. Greece most certainly needs the economy boost.
Two birds with one stone.
If by two birds you mean the Olympics and Greece, then yeah sure you could definitely kill them both by hosting it in Greece.

People could stay in a "replica" athlete village from the ancient Olympiads, I.e tents in a field.

The Olympic stadium would look like it just got taken from Gladiator, and everyone can swim in the Mediterranean, sorted.

I'm sure there is a field around the corner for doing gymnastics and they can strap large rocks to poles for the weight lifting.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
crot
Supporting Member

China already has 6 medals.... dafuq and we only have 1 gold.

crot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, london, olympics