project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
22 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2010-02-05, 13:18   #31
manson
Default Re: 0.9 Crashing to desktop

I have windows 7 32
hd radeon 4850
4gb ram
random CTD no error message
manson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 13:32   #32
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: CTD, BF2 not enough memory

Turning down textures to medium might help. I get the same problem, just did a reinstall of XP, gonna try later and see

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 13:50   #33
DonDOOM
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Supporting Member

The CTD occurs both on FH2 and PR, so it's probably a BF2 error with Win7 for me.
Compatability / Administrator doesn't help.

DonDOOM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 14:52   #34
Neoboy

Windows XP 32 bit and having CTDs like there's no tomorrow here. All happen when loading a map and so far I'd say only 30-40% of maps load, that's both online and offline. Previous version was fine so I suppose next step would be to try and reinstall whole thing from scratch and see if that makes it better.
Neoboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:00   #35
danio1021
Default CTD when deploying 0.9

Hi,
when I try to deploy to the server, game just ctd without any error. The strange thing is that i can play in coop (offline, the same account) with no error. I've tried to run this in windowed mode - still no error ;/

I'd like to avoid reinstalling whole BF2, because I'd have to download all patches (with my internet connection - one day)

Thanks in advance

danio1021
danio1021 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:09   #36
XxxGrANdmA

Default CTD v0.9 when loading

Hi, I installed v.9 alittle while ago and all was fine but then i ctd'd when it was 100% when loading the map dragon fly. Also randomly when i was about to click on a server, i crashed. My bf2 works fine too. I recently ran pbsvc and when uninstalling one of them came up red (i think it said like registery something) anyways, it's great so far but i want to continue playing w/o any crashes. Btw, my dad was screwing with adobe flash, acrobat, and shockwave right before i got on but i doubt it has anything to do with it. Also there isnt any error messages when crashing
Edit: just tried to run dragon fly and and when at 100% i got one of those error tones and an hourglass came onto the screen in place of the cursor. So i alt-tabbed and saw an error with bf2 memory problem. i'm not sure what this means but i would realy enjoy if someone could help me
Last edited by XxxGrANdmA; 2010-02-05 at 15:17..
Old 2010-02-05, 15:16   #37
Frankiboyhestad
Default Re: CTD v0.9 when loading

I have the same problem Crashes with no error message or warning?
Wanna play 0.9 :P
Frankiboyhestad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:20   #38
Frankiboyhestad

Got it ! Set your video settings down... ;D Worked for me
Frankiboyhestad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:23   #39
XxxGrANdmA

alright ill try, i do have eveything on high so maybe thats it. btw i think its abf2 memory problem because when the server is done with a map and goes to the next one i crash, but ill try setting the video settings lower first.
XxxGrANdmA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:28   #40
Malchuth
Default Re: CTD, BF2 not enough memory

I have theory.
Did anybody else of u crashers install the memory-patch fror BF2 at the old version of PR?
There might be a conflict, because PR0.9 actually tries to solve the memory problem.

Is this coincidence or can u guys confirm that you've used that patch?
Malchuth is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0.9, 0.909, bf2, c2d, crashing, ctd, deploying, desktop, error, loading, memory, v09, win xp