project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
21 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2010-02-26, 20:39   #21
wolftracker
Default Re: Problems with Punkbuster? Solutions here.

This is a useful and neccessary procedure for PB Heartbeat Stopped kicks:
Be certain and thorough in that you have performed the basics by deleting previous instances of PB from your OS - UnInstall Punkbuster from your PC, Re-Boot system, THEN go to: C:\Program Files\EA Games\BF2 folder\pb (delete entire pb folder), THEN from "Start" or "Run", open (type in) >> "regedit" and go to: HKEY_Local_Machine/System/ControlSet001/Services, ControlSet003/Services, and CurrentControlSet/Services/delete any instances of PB A or B, THEN head over to: C:\Windows\System 32\"scroll down til you find any Pnkbstr A or B and remove, and finally check "My Documents" Bf2 folder there to verify that pnkbstr K is removed.

Now reinstall PunkBuster (pbsvc.exe AND pbsetup.exe)

Next, if you start the game and get a PnkBstr B "heartbeat stopped" kick:

1) Open Task Manager
2) (Game not on) Select "Services" tab, and verify that Punkbuster A is "Running" - give it a quik re-start to make sure.
(Game is on - alt tabbed out) Check "Services" Tab to verify both "pb A and B" are running. (This is the best method while game is started but b4 the kick happens, so you need to have Task Manager already open so you can access it fast, prior to game play.
3) Now select "Processes" tab - For both PB A and B, right click each, and select "Set Priority" - set THAT to "RealTime". pb B will always attempt to default back to "Normal" on priority, but as long as you check this each time you first begin a game session, you should be good to go for the entire time you are logged into the game. NOTE: Normally I would perform this adustment to PB after the map is loaded, but B4 I hit "Join".

Whenever I get "Heartbeats Stopped" kick from PB, I immediately go thru this check, adjust it as needed, and have no further issues for my sessions.

Hope this is of use
Wolf
Last edited by wolftracker; 2010-02-26 at 21:21.. Reason: Updating my post
Old 2010-02-27, 08:47   #22
[TBC] Gryff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipingCoward View Post
did it link you here?
Problem With Punkbuster (restriction: Service Abnormality) - PunksBusted.com Sponsored by Ventrilo

do you have a firewall/anti virus software (any other service tool that thinks it needs to block punkbuster?
retry to manually update PB
I have disabled, canceled, etc, my antivirus in order to try and make Punkbuster not kick me. I have downloaded and installed pbsetup.exe and pbsvc.exe and updated manually numerous times. I tried the trick with the cd key and that didn't work. I have checked my processes and pnkbsA and B are running while PR is open. If it appears on this site and is referenced to Punkbuster: Service Abnormality I have tried it. I am at my whits end.
[TBC] Gryff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 09:43   #23
SnipingCoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TBC] Gryff View Post
I am at my whits end.
you should check your traffic and packages if they are getting lost - i recommend WireShark or that purpose

please open another specific thread (I think this thread is for solutions only, not diagnostics)

Got a PROBLEM? Check this: PR:BF2 Installation Guide

Got a common QUESTION? check here first: PR:BF2 FAQ, MUMBLE FAQ

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 19:13   #24
BEARCAT33
Angry Re: Problems with Punkbuster? Solutions here.

fuzzhead, none of this worked at all. It is getting frustrating after no less than a total of 8 hours just trying to play.Why can't all this stuff be automatic.So many hoops to jump through.please someone take the time to do the work correctly on this stuff.I am not real happy with it at all.???????what now???????????

Bearcat33
BEARCAT33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 21:57   #25
BEARCAT33

it appears for now turning down the lighting and textures has helped to fix the pkb b heartbeat etc... problem. I will folow up on sunday.

Bearcat33
BEARCAT33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 17:02   #26
peshmerga19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCAT33 View Post
fuzzhead, none of this worked at all. It is getting frustrating after no less than a total of 8 hours just trying to play.Why can't all this stuff be automatic.So many hoops to jump through.please someone take the time to do the work correctly on this stuff.I am not real happy with it at all.???????what now???????????

Bearcat33

ok i think i got the problem, i too tryed sooooo many things to do something about this punkbuster, i almost gave up until i toke the chance to try out last time

as follows,

start the pbsvc, and Remove punkbuster, and go to the map of battlefield (c:/programm/EA/
and remove the punkbuster map.

after this, DONT REINSTALL PUNKBUSTER WITH PBSVC

close pbsvc, restart pc, and then go to punbuster update (PBsetup),
now if you start pbsetup, you will see it did not find the client, and server of it,
but it does not matter, just click on update,

and it will automaticly REINTALL punkbuster and update it,

and this you will have not problems left

i hope this will also work for you and all others who got same problem
peshmerga19 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 17:56   #27
maarit
Supporting Member

i had those heartbeat problems with punkbuster and i allowed everything in my windows firewall but it didnt helped.

then i opened manually this ports in windows firewall.

Battlefield 2 TCP UDP port setttings and minimum requirements

works fine now
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 19:06   #28
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
HunterMed list your computer specs, operating system, what anti virus you have installed plz.
Intel Dual Core E6400 @2.13Ghz
2 GB Ram
nvidia 7900 GT
Windows XP
AntiVir (Avira)
Spybot-SD

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 06:39   #29
HMARS

Still no luck. I've tried each and every solution detailed in this thread, without any success; even turning off firewalls and opening ports doesn't help.
I have
Celeron D 3.46 Ghz
2 GB RAM
GeForce GT 220 1 GB
Windows 7
AVG Free Edition
HMARS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 07:06   #30
LostWraith

I have been unable to reinstall punkbuster because for some reason pbsvc.exe has an ERROR extractor has failed an authenticity check
Any fixes for this? I can't play this game or any other game using pb without pb....I run Windows 7 64bith btw.

Thanks!
LostWraith is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
error, md5tool, mismatch, problems, punkbuster, renddx9x2dll, solution, solutions, vtuneapidll