project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
21 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2009-04-23, 02:23   #41
=BTB= LoftyB

Send a message via MSN to =BTB= LoftyB
Default Re: I found a fix for the "memory .dll error" for vista 32 & 64 bit user's.

This fix has also worked for me. Follow the instuctions correctly. you wanna end up with a book case, not a doorstop
=BTB= LoftyB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 23:55   #42
Killer2354

Default Re: I found a fix for the "memory .dll error" for vista 32 & 64 bit user's.

meh when i do everything u say (yes i ran under administrator) i get this line inside it

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>
help anyone? i hope i don't have to reinstall the visual thing
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 08:40   #43
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenspin3 View Post
This "problem fixer" is a joke, i just followed his steps and it ended up that i had to uninstall everything (Bf2 Bf2 SF and PR). now that i have installed it again, it still doesn't work. I have 32vista and i did has he said you should.

But even now afterwards it dosn't work, so it seams no more BF for me until i Reinstall my computer. Gr8 work man. Should had said risks and possible errors, SUCH as your bf will not work again. I even uninstalled that Visual C++ edition thingy. It still doesn't connect to the bf or PR server. Cant even log into the game.

A Simple bull**** if u ask me

//Brokenspine
(You'll need to be an Administrator)
First, you'll need to grab and install Visual Studio C++ Express

from Microsoft.

It's free so don't worry.

Once installed, you'll need to update it, also make sure u have latest game

patch installed.

Backup the bf2.exe file, just in case.

I'm sorry it did not work and you had problem but your the first one that had to reinstall everything because it didn't work.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 08:43   #44
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannesFury View Post
Hey guys. I managed to do all the steps successfully but unfortunately with no result.
The same dll error appears

Can you other people play via Hamachi? for me, hamachi bypasses this issue!

the hamachi network is called PRSP FUN and the password is: madmike

so welcome there fellow DLL-friends!
Sorry I'm not sure why you getting this maybe you need to allow even more memory for this map not sure I'd have to get the error my self and I don't play the PRSP.

Old 2009-04-26, 08:47   #45
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
meh when i do everything u say (yes i ran under administrator) i get this line inside it

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>
help anyone? i hope i don't have to reinstall the visual thing
I'm sorry I'm not understand your problem are you getting " C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC> " as a error in the command window? a screen shot would help alot.

Old 2009-04-26, 17:55   #46
Code2104

Well, I'm not sure if this is related but suddenly after getting this "patch" i get kicked by PB all the time, packet flow errors, authentication errors, please reinstall PB if problems occur, I did and still the same. I never had ANY PB related problems before...
Last edited by Code2104; 2009-04-26 at 18:39..
Old 2009-04-26, 23:18   #47
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code2104 View Post
Well, I'm not sure if this is related but suddenly after getting this "patch" i get kicked by PB all the time, packet flow errors, authentication errors, please reinstall PB if problems occur, I did and still the same. I never had ANY PB related problems before...
as stated before this patch does not mess with your PB sounds like your having admin right problem i would turn off your ACU if its on and send in a e-mail to PB.

Old 2009-04-27, 18:15   #48
sharpless

you can olso just lower your grapichs. then i no more crashes.

i was on high before but now my texture are on mid so it crashes nomore
sharpless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 02:52   #49
WhiteTiger

Very nice instructions. Thanks for helping us. I have stumped on a step though. When I right click "run as administrator" on Visual Studio 2008 command prompt, this is what it shows. Im not sure how to navigate to the appropriate folder.

WhiteTiger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 13:27   #50
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Very nice instructions. Thanks for helping us. I have stumped on a step though. When I right click "run as administrator" on Visual Studio 2008 command prompt, this is what it shows. Im not sure how to navigate to the appropriate folder.

you would need to post where on your hard drive the files are.

I should be something like this

C:\windows\system32>cd C:\program files\ (hit enter)

It should read
cd C:\program files>

then type cd C:\program files> EA GAMES (hit enter)

should read
cd C:\program files\EA GAMES>

then type
cd C:\program files\EA GAMES\Battle Field 2 (hit enter)

should read
cd C:\program files\EA GAMES\Battle Field 2>

then type

cd C:\program files\EA GAMES\Battle Field 2\editbin.exe /LARGEADDRESSAWARE BF2.exe (hit enter)

should get the windows trade mark and then follow the last step i listed on the front page.

I have Photos of every step on the front page.

Tags
bit, fix, found, memory dll error, user, vista