project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
17 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2009-04-03, 12:05   #31
PlixPlaxPlox
Default Re: I found a fix for the "memory .dll error" for vista 32 & 64 bit user's.

It give me LINK : fatal error LNK1104 cannot open file "BF2.exe" too, dunno does that mather coz im doing that ''fix'' right now. well i try to continue and see what happens.

And my game might shut down in middle of the game... Any suggestions what might cause that?

Btw i tested after doing that fix, i did few test and it dint work.
Last edited by PlixPlaxPlox; 2009-04-03 at 12:24..
Old 2009-04-16, 13:00   #32
Owen

Send a message via MSN to Owen Send a message via Skype™ to Owen
Default Re: I found a fix for the "memory .dll error" for vista 32 & 64 bit user's.

That took a whole 2 Minutes, Cheers mate!
Owen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 23:45   #33
MrCloud

I have the same problem as a few other people. Here is a sceen shot of proof...
MrCloud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 20:06   #34
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

I updated the thread with step by step photos.

I'm sorry I did not reply sooner as it Seems this sticky is not the most up to date as my other none sticky (:\

Anyways back to your problems You are not running the game as a Administrator you need to right click and scroll over to Run as a Administrator it will not work if you don't do this.

I had people in the other thread with the same problem when they ran the program as a Administrator the right way it worked for them.

(Don't left click on VS 2005 command prompt though, right click on it and then click "Run as Administrator"

**If you don't run it as Administrator the fix will not work**

Start ->Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition ->Visual Studio Tools ->Visual Studio 2005

Command Prompt
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/sopdelta/C1.jpg

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Last edited by R.J.Travis; 2009-04-19 at 20:44..
Old 2009-04-21, 02:58   #35
MaverickCowboy

the C++ link on windows site is broken. anyone have the ZIP?
MaverickCowboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 18:33   #36
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickCowboy View Post
the C++ link on windows site is broken. anyone have the ZIP?
Sorry I fixed it I forgot to add the (Link).

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 18:32   #37
Brokenspin3

This "problem fixer" is a joke, i just followed his steps and it ended up that i had to uninstall everything (Bf2 Bf2 SF and PR). now that i have installed it again, it still doesn't work. I have 32vista and i did has he said you should.

But even now afterwards it dosn't work, so it seams no more BF for me until i Reinstall my computer. Gr8 work man. Should had said risks and possible errors, SUCH as your bf will not work again. I even uninstalled that Visual C++ edition thingy. It still doesn't connect to the bf or PR server. Cant even log into the game.

A Simple bull**** if u ask me

//Brokenspine
Brokenspin3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 18:42   #38
Anderson29
Supporting Member

wow...welcome to the forums.....

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 00:42   #39
HannesFury
Supporting Member

Hey guys. I managed to do all the steps successfully but unfortunately with no result.
The same dll error appears

Can you other people play via Hamachi? for me, hamachi bypasses this issue!

the hamachi network is called PRSP FUN and the password is: madmike

so welcome there fellow DLL-friends!
Last edited by HannesFury; 2009-04-23 at 01:34.. Reason: fingers like a giant monster
Old 2009-04-23, 02:46   #40
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenspin3 View Post
This "problem fixer" is a joke, i just followed his steps and it ended up that i had to uninstall everything (Bf2 Bf2 SF and PR). now that i have installed it again, it still doesn't work. I have 32vista and i did has he said you should.

But even now afterwards it dosn't work, so it seams no more BF for me until i Reinstall my computer. Gr8 work man. Should had said risks and possible errors, SUCH as your bf will not work again. I even uninstalled that Visual C++ edition thingy. It still doesn't connect to the bf or PR server. Cant even log into the game.

A Simple bull**** if u ask me

//Brokenspine

Well this simple bull**** has allowed me to play countless rounds....

Oh, btw, changing ANY exe value is a risk.... i mean, it's kind of one of those things that people don't normall do, so you would think LOGICALLY that a risk would be tied into there....

besides i thought he did say that... or maybe that was just my logic...

also, somewhere on the forum they had it up for download, so you didn't have to change it yourself and risk it...

EDIT: Another thing, I love how your first post is "THis is Bull****".....

*thinks* wait... wasn't that my first post? XD

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bit, fix, found, memory dll error, user, vista