project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
13 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2008-05-29, 21:33   #11
Hetzer
Default Re: I found a fix for the "memory .dll error" for vista 32 & 64 bit user's.

Next session, got one map played, CTD on second (loading bar).

Third session, about five minutes into the game and got a PB kick "BF.exe mismatch".

Still no conn problem. I'm going to swap the exe back and see if the conn problem returns.
Hetzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 22:25   #12
Hetzer
Default Re: I found a fix for the "memory .dll error" for vista 32 & 64 bit user's.

Batch-file modded exe put back in, got one near lost-conn, then on the next map got a sudden CTD just as I fired a grenade (a few KB of texture too much?).

I've never put up with this much frustration from a game before, and I think I've reached the point where no matter how good the game is (and PR is excellent) the enjoyment playing it no longer outweighs the frustration engendered by the crippling bugs in the source-code.

It's about right though...find a truly excellent game but can't play it reliably, while all the crap runs as sweet as a nut.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I gave this supposed 'fix' a good go. It doesn't work, or at least not on my rig.
Old 2008-05-30, 00:04   #13
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

At what point on the loading bar are you guys crashing out? Objects, Textures, Sounds? Is it always the same place? Do provide some more details...

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 01:18   #14
Hetzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
At what point on the loading bar are you guys crashing out? Objects, Textures, Sounds? Is it always the same place? Do provide some more details...

It happens at various places on the bar for me. So far there's nothing consistent about any of my crashes. Map-loading CTD, in-game CTD, Lost internet connection and PB kick (PB kicks seem to have been eradicated with the batch-file fix, but came back with the dll fix).
Old 2008-05-30, 05:35   #15
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Hetzer your having problem not related to the fix this fixes the "memory .dll error" not random CTD and CI so maybe you have a bad copy of the game.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 10:37   #16
Hetzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J.Travis View Post
Hetzer your having problem not related to the fix this fixes the "memory .dll error" not random CTD and CI so maybe you have a bad copy of the game.
I sometimes get the box on the desktop that says "memory dll error, could not be allocated" (or something like that) when the game CTDs from a map load or from within a game. I was hoping the other issue (lost conn) would be connected to the same memory leak and the dll fix would make everything magically ok.

The batch-file fix worked a treat, the dll one didn't. C'est la vie.
Old 2008-05-31, 19:04   #17
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Justed uninstall ed my bf2v fully and re did this fix works again this is a fix for this error 100%
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 00:56   #18
Hetzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J.Travis View Post
Justed uninstall ed my bf2v fully and re did this fix works again this is a fix for this error 100%
Well, I guess it works for some, not for others.

I've had to give up on this game; I play for enjoyment, not for enraging frustration. I've been suffering too much of the latter, and it says a lot for the mod that I lasted so long. It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't of cost me £30, but I've learned my lesson...I will never buy an EA game again. Should have taken more notice of their abysmal reputation, but there you go.

Fantastic mod guys, top marks for that. I've enjoyed the hell out of what I've managed to play of it. I'll re-visit some time down the line when newer drivers and Vista updates have been released and see if I have any better luck. Until then...
Old 2008-06-01, 19:17   #19
fubar++

This fix gives MD5 sum mismatch for BF2.exe on Punkbuster enabled server (using XP x64 thou'). It also didn't bring any help for my rig (CTDs, freezing, BSODs, not sure if memory related)
fubar++ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 08:33   #20
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

This fix won't work for XP its as stated a Vista 64/32bit fix.
Last edited by R.J.Travis; 2009-04-19 at 20:39..

Tags
bit, fix, found, memory dll error, user, vista