project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
13 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2014-07-25, 07:26   #401
matty1053
Default Re: PR 1.0 disconnects after like 15 minutes

Well, Comcast users.....

According to my buddy who works at comcast. (He got a job at their data center about 5 months ago). Comcast didn't notify their consumers about their Deep Packet Inspection. Apparently, Comcast (as well as other ISP's) have been under the gun by the FCC for their packet inspections. They could be forced to get rid of the Packet Inspections.

But BTW, this is for everyone with a ISP in America.

Speedtest your internet speed.
If it's not the speed you pay for, file a complaint to the FCC. (they have a app on phones and tablets too! search: FCC speedtest)

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 03:20   #402
ParadoxicalPancake

Sadly, with no fix in sight and another important and critical disconnect tonight while I was playing, I think I have to retire from Project Reality until a solution is put forward from either the ISP or the PR Support team. I can't be an asset when I don't have a reliable connection to the game and it seems like PR is the only game where I'm really getting hit by these disconnects. Maybe I'll switch ISP's when I move, but for now I have to say goodbye which really, REALLY sucks because no game scratches that itch like PR. Thanks for the good times, all.
ParadoxicalPancake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 16:49   #403
sprint113

I spent about 2 years fighting this issue. In the end, it turned out to be Comcast causing the problem. I went through 2 different cable modems, 2 wifi routers, various speed upgrades and downgrades, spent countless hours listening to music over the phone and had technicians visit, and everything was fine as far as Comcast could tell.

In the end, switching ISPs seems to have fixed the issue for me. Unfortunately, BF2/PR has too small of a player base to make Comcast really care about fixing this issue.
sprint113 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 21:18   #404
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

To note, I have a different ISP than Comcast, and I just switched to an Arris modem to upgrade to Docsis 3.0.
The Arris modem I have now is one that is a problem for Comcast users.
I have not had a single CTD or Disconnect so far.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 22:36   #405
ParadoxicalPancake

Has anyone with Comcast run Wireshark to see where the disconnects happen? Also, has anyone tried playing from behind a proxy to test this issue? If not, I could try to do so tonight and report on my success or horrific failure. I really want to play PR again and not being able to because Comcast is the only ISP in my area is awful.
ParadoxicalPancake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 08:56   #406
sprint113

I had the disconnects occur with both a Motorola SBG900 DOCSIS 2.0 and Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem on Comcast.

I recorded a couple rounds with Wireshark, but I don't have enough background in how the BF2 netcode works to know if there was a particular event that triggers the disconnect. The weird thing was that the issue would sort of come and go.

One thing that might help with switching modems is that if it is some type of traffic management that causes packets to be delayed, going to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem will give you additional channels that may be less congested.
sprint113 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 02:03   #407
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

So after reading a majority of this thread, should I contact my ISP (Time Warner) and see if they are willing to switch out the Arris TG862G/TW modem/router they have me on?

At some point, I do hope to buy my own compatible modem so I can stop paying Time Warner $5 extra a month for their modem. I already have a decent router.

I'm just upset that after moving back from Korea and waiting almost three months for one of my gaming computers to arrive, I update PR and can't play.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 04:49   #408
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
To note, I have a different ISP than Comcast, and I just switched to an Arris modem to upgrade to Docsis 3.0.
The Arris modem I have now is one that is a problem for Comcast users.
I have not had a single CTD or Disconnect so far.
Then it's Comcast of course....

@Desmo, I don't know if TWC has the issue.... but apperently Comcast is going to buy them out this year or next year. But just get your own modem... If you have JUST internet... then get what ever you want (Make sure it matches your speed tier!) If you have Phone and internet... then you need a 'telephony' modem....
Your lucky you are paying $5 for their modem. I have to pay $10 for their modem/gateway.

BUT, to everyone... I might have a solution to those who have Comcast/Xfinity. (or at least temporary)... IT worked for me...
If you have their modem, go to:
1.) 10.0.0.1 (Type that in your address bar. It is to access the gateway/modem.)
2A.) Default Username: admin
2B.) Default Password: password
3.) Click on Firewall
4.) Change it to "custom"
5.) Save.

Your security software on your PC (if you have one) has a firewall and that good stuff.

It worked for me... until my cat decided to pee on my wireless USB stick.
Someone can try that out, that would be great.
I would, but I am currently having issues with their WiFi.... (Yeah, Wired is nice to have I bet)

**EDIT... I will try out the custom firewall thing again.... since I got a new modem. I'll post a reply and tell you guys if it did it or not. If someone else could try, please.

DETROIT TIGERS
Last edited by matty1053; 2015-01-11 at 04:37..
Old 2015-12-13, 03:36   #409
tankninja1

I don't have a custom option for the firewall just on or off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
Then I Type:

pb_sleep 500
That worked for an hour and now I'm back to crashing ever 10 minutes each dc shortens the interval between loading in until dc.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 03:47   #410
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
I don't have a custom option for the firewall just on or off.

That worked for an hour and now I'm back to crashing ever 10 minutes each dc shortens the interval between loading in until dc.
Turn firewall off then. Turn back on when ur done with pr.

Dmz ur pc too

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disconnects, minutes