project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-05-03, 01:20   #1
obpmgmua
Default How to further rebind controls?

Is there a way I can rebind the game controls to suit me better without using modded files so the servers dont kick or ban me for 'suspected cheating?' I'm trying to make it so that pressing double right click automatically goes to back up sights on weapons that have them(Elcan, british acog, svd, etc) and I know nothing about programming. Also I've tried making it that holding right click and scrolling up or down changes zero but my game crashes when I try that.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 01:54   #2
Vista
Default Re: How to further rebind controls?

You can easily make macros using software that razer provides for example. (razer synapse)
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 01:36   #3
PeppeJ

Autohotkey is also a pretty decent macro program.
https://autohotkey.com/

PeppeJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 14:59   #4
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
You can easily make macros using software that razer provides for example. (razer synapse)
Razer tryhard. :^)

In general I think Peppe's solution is better, but it might be a bit more involved if you haven't used AHK before.
If you already have a l33t RGB pr0 gaming mouse it more than likely has software which allows having a profile with things like this. My new one does, and it'll take a lot less time and effort to set it up than to do it with AHK.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you're hotkeying double right click, the first rightclick either has to be delayed or cancelled back out of to get to your backups. A better solution might be to have a different button for this if you have one to spare on your mouse, or maybe something like shift+right click to do it for you.

Regarding holding right click to change zero, are you talking about grenadier zero?

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 08:13   #5
obpmgmua

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]LiamBai View Post

Regarding holding right click to change zero, are you talking about grenadier zero?
Yep. I tried to write a script that allows me to hold right click and scroll up or down to change zero, my intent was to allow me to retain my ability to aim and fire the Grenade/Rocket Launcher incase of an emergency. But I'm dumb and it's not working properly. Sometimes it makes my game hang up and I have to press esc to clear it.

Old 2017-05-05, 12:25   #6
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
my intent was to allow me to retain my ability to aim and fire the Grenade/Rocket Launcher incase of an emergency.
While the interface is open? Impossible.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 04:32   #7
obpmgmua

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]AlonTavor View Post
While the interface is open? Impossible.
Hey I'm not a programmer, just a normal guy playing with scripts.

Tags
controls, rebind